Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

1. Division 1

St.Joseph's
In's-Walerys, James Fisher (Geelong 4ths)
Out's-Shawcross
Lara
In's-Yates, Kenyon??? (Ex Nth Geelong) Arnott Benci???
Out's-Bambury
Manifold Heights
In's-
Out's- Lineen, Eslick
Newtown & Chilwell
In's-ElliotMaher
Out's-
Grovedale
In's-
Out's-Tsitas?
Bell Post Hill
In's- Coyne
Out's- Stacey (Retired)
Geelong West
In's-
Out's- Loftus??? (Rumour Heard)
Highton
In's-Morrison, Brain (Guild)
Out's-Young
Leopold
In's- Kiddle, Nguyen
Out's-
Nth Geelong
In's-
Out's-
East Belmont
In's-Bambury, O'Neill, Lineen
Out's- Quick (Coach+2nds) Scannell?? (Geelong)
Sth Barwon
In's-Halbish, Peake
Out's-

Division 2

St.Peters
In's-
Out's-
Bell Park
In's-
Out's-
Torquay
In's-
Out's-
Marshall
In's-Bogan, Import
Out's-
Guild/St.Mary's
In's-
Out's-Cowedry, Larkins, Carroll, Gupta, Brain
Thomson
In's-Grapsas
Out's-O'Neill, Maher, Smiljanic
St.Albans/Breakwater
In's-Proctor, Bisset
Out's-Bennett
Alexander Thomson
In's-Cowedry, Larkins, Gupta
Out's- Arnott, Watson
Murgheboluc
In's-Sriram Krishnamurthy ( Coach from India)
Out's-Bisset, Campbell, Hyland
Waurn Ponds
In's- H Farnsworth C Lang
Out's- T Oakley M Kennedy
Geelong City
In's-
Out's-
Newcomb & District
In's-Harrison, Light, Bennett, Dragecevic
Out's-

1. Division 1

St.Joseph's
In's-Walerys, James Fisher (Geelong 4ths)
Out's-Shawcross
Lara
In's-Yates, Kenyon??? (Ex Nth Geelong) Arnott Benci???
Out's-Bambury
Manifold Heights
In's-Gilham, Adams, Dodd, New Coach?
Out's- Lineen, Eslick
Newtown & Chilwell
In's-ElliotMaher
Out's-
Grovedale
In's-
Out's-Tsitas?
Bell Post Hill
In's- Coyne
Out's- Stacey (Retired)
Geelong West
In's-
Out's- Loftus??? (Rumour Heard)
Highton
In's-Morrison, Brain (Guild)
Out's-Young
Leopold
In's- Kiddle, Nguyen
Out's-
Nth Geelong
In's-
Out's-
East Belmont
In's-Bambury, O'Neill, Lineen
Out's- Quick (Coach+2nds) Scannell?? (Geelong)
Sth Barwon
In's-Halbish, Peake
Out's

Also hear that Lucas Benci is not playing cricket at all this season. ATCC bowling stocks in trouble, Sarah is solid but not exactly a strike bowler like Benci. Not sure what else they have as back up?
Yes, Arnott has a knee injury, not sure if its the ACL or not but he won't playing any cricket. Have also heard that Benci will not play at all this year. And looks like Kenyon was offered a bit of cash to stay at Little River.

also have heard that according to the local bendigo rag that Matthew Elliott is not going anywhere and is staying at Bendigo club he played for last year , and was quoted as saying looking forward to the season ahead in Bendigo...dunno how much you can read into it?

Any truth in the rumour that Justin Miller has had a falling out with St Albans and left the club?
Interesting if true. South Barwon have also picked up former MCC 1st XI wicket/keeper Batsman Phil Lang, he played with Halbish at Melbourne a few years back.
That's 3 quality VCA recruits this season for South to go with Hornet and possibly Anderton. Almost premiership favs now.

at the moment, only for club administrators can view them.. no pennant chairman means no more clearances will be granted by GCA. they threaten not to start the season but won't bend their by laws to allow it.
So what does this mean? Players that have been cleared are not eligible to play round 1? I thought the clubs looked after clearances themselves through mycricket?

So what does this mean? Players that have been cleared are not eligible to play round 1? I thought the clubs looked after clearances themselves through mycricket?

Clearances are Granted - Ex Club, but have to be ticked off by the GCA for the clearance to be final.
If there are any clearances in limbo, ie ex club has denied it, then these will bet he players that will struggle to play round 1.

gee, i was all over the place in my last post.. must of been in a rush
GCA has no pennant chairman to oversee clearances on my cricket, clubs can work between themselves but pennant chairman has the last say and has to grant the clearance aswell.
as it stands at this point in time i have lodged 9 clearances for NDCC, only 5 of those players have been cleared by both GCA and EX-Club... the 4 players that have not been granted permission cannot play and there is nothing i can do about it.
as the gca gave stated round 1 wont begin without a pennant chairman and statistician, so clearances may be irrelevant, but i find it hard to see them not starting a season given that we have the Accc coming this summer.

GCA has no pennant chairman to oversee clearances on my cricket, clubs can work between themselves but pennant chairman has the last say and has to grant the clearance aswell.
as it stands at this point in time i have lodged 9 clearances for NDCC, only 5 of those players have been cleared by both GCA and EX-Club... the 4 players that have not been granted permission cannot play and there is nothing i can do about it.
as the gca gave stated round 1 wont begin without a pennant chairman and statistician, so clearances may be irrelevant, but i find it hard to see them not starting a season given that we have the Accc coming this summer.

Not that it will probably matter much. With all the rain around this week and a fair bit forecast for next Thursday and Friday there is probably not much chance for turf cricket anyhow at this stage.

What are the chances of finding a new pennant chairman before the beginning of the season? i wouldnt think there very good if nobody has put there hand up so far.

Also i have heard the Guild are in terrible shape having lost several first grade players to AT and Tim Brain and others to Highton. Who is there coach this year? if they havent attracted any one new looks like it will be back down to division 3

English Recruit Josh Godden has signed with Highton, Highton have also signed up Junior Development coach Ian Chislohm, Andrew Morrison will be a non playing coach. Highton have also picked up alot of younger kids of which a few will play in their 1sts and 2nds.

Tim Brain and a few others from Guild have signed with Highton. New nets at Highton should be done soon with 4 hardwicket nets and upto 4 turf.

English Recruit Josh Godden has signed with Highton, Highton have also signed up Junior Development coach Ian Chislohm, Andrew Morrison will be a non playing coach. Highton have also picked up alot of younger kids of which a few will play in their 1sts and 2nds.

golden trumpet award goes too..

who knows what the "brains trust" are planning. if it impedes us getting clearances through then there will be a boilover.

Yeh, if cause no-one from any of the member clubs will put their hand to help run the association and it affects us in some way, we will be unhappy... really.. Those that put in their own time already, should just do more? The stand by the association is fair enough I think. There is a chance for someone to help run the association, and guide it the direction they feel it should go, rather than just stand back and throw stones at those that volunteer to do it.

Back