Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

Yeh, if cause no-one from any of the member clubs will put their hand to help run the association and it affects us in some way, we will be unhappy... really.. Those that put in their own time already, should just do more? The stand by the association is fair enough I think. There is a chance for someone to help run the association, and guide it the direction they feel it should go, rather than just stand back and throw stones at those that volunteer to do it.
There will be no cricket this weekend anyway with almost 60mm of rain forecast from Wednesday thru to Saturday. Leaves curators with almost no hope of getting a wicket up. If the GCA have any brains they cancel it tommorrow or Thursday at the latest to give curators a chance for the following week. They should play round 1 games on a Sunday later in the season (for turf grades at least).

There will be no cricket this weekend anyway with almost 60mm of rain forecast from Wednesday thru to Saturday. Leaves curators with almost no hope of getting a wicket up. If the GCA have any brains they cancel it tommorrow or Thursday at the latest to give curators a chance for the following week. They should play round 1 games on a Sunday later in the season (for turf grades at least).

Cannot play Sunday games as some grounds under renovation and playing sundays already.

Are we sure it is 60mm ? That would take all grounds out. I checked one of the sites and they are predicting under 5mm through until Saturday. Hopefully it holds off and Round 1 is not affected by the weather. Fingers crossed !!

Are we sure it is 60mm ? That would take all grounds out. I checked one of the sites and they are predicting under 5mm through until Saturday. Hopefully it holds off and Round 1 is not affected by the weather. Fingers crossed !!
Only supposed to be clearing showers on all days. All hard wicket will play and turf should be fine.

The GCA have apparently filled the pennant position however there will be no clearance hearings held between today and Saturday meaning all players with a clearance in dispute will miss the opening round

I seen a while back that NDCC announced Marc Dragicevic as one of their star recruits, he was being talked up even more so than Harrison it seemed. I noticed on the weekend a M.Dragicevic made a duck in St Albans 3rds surely not the same bloke? And if it is what happened with him going to NDCC?

I seen a while back that NDCC announced Marc Dragicevic as one of their star recruits, he was being talked up even more so than Harrison it seemed. I noticed on the weekend a M.Dragicevic made a duck in St Albans 3rds surely not the same bloke? And if it is what happened with him going to NDCC?

Playing wherever Luke Bennett is playing and as Luke was convinced to stay at St Albans, Marc was convinced as well. so i am led to believe.

Hey Meat Pies - How goes the great Colin Thompson this season? As a coach, as a bloke, as a player, as a chuck norris lookalike etc. I know the North G faithful used to give him a lot of stick - is he back in their good graces?

Hey Meat Pies - How goes the great Colin Thompson this season? As a coach, as a bloke, as a player, as a chuck norris lookalike etc. I know the North G faithful used to give him a lot of stick - is he back in their good graces?

Noone can seriously complain about bushy's attitude towards the game...hes 100% positive 100% of the time... and yes we do give him stick about looking like chuck norris... his bowling hasnt deteriated as he still bowls with a 7-2 field sometimes even 8-1... living in banno has made it hard for him to have too many beers with us but all in all hes goin ok

whooooaaaa, a few posts about SBCC here, flavour of the months. With points system for next season I believe you will find that returning players (both Joel and Peakey played juniors at South) they get ranked at half their normal value should they come back to the GCA for a different club rather than their home club. Club is just fortunate to get these guys back. As for the 2's Daniel Son, if I can keep my spot in that side I will be doing well !!

whooooaaaa, a few posts about SBCC here, flavour of the months. With points system for next season I believe you will find that returning players (both Joel and Peakey played juniors at South) they get ranked at half their normal value should they come back to the GCA for a different club rather than their home club. Club is just fortunate to get these guys back. As for the 2's Daniel Son, if I can keep my spot in that side I will be doing well !!
What are the chances of this point system going ahead for next season? anything in concrete from the GCA?

Matt Harrison may have gone back to Geelong after just 1 game with NDCC he didn't take the field againist Guild on Saturday last week and there appeared to be an M.Harrison named in the 2nd XI @ Geelong think he made 41 anybodt from NDCC know if this is the case

Matt Harrison may have gone back to Geelong after just 1 game with NDCC he didn't take the field againist Guild on Saturday last week and there appeared to be an M.Harrison named in the 2nd XI @ Geelong think he made 41 anybodt from NDCC know if this is the case
Harrison has officialy quit the club. Massive blow to newcomb

his back got the all clear from chiro. was possibly his last year/s of cricket and wanted to play back home.. give him time and he will be back. no bad blood.

Back