Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

Where can i find out the updated Club Championship points for this year, the GCA website has only got half way through last years up or am i missing it somewhere. Is it meant to be top secrect from everyone?

Where can i find out the updated Club Championship points for this year, the GCA website has only got half way through last years up or am i missing it somewhere. Is it meant to be top secrect from everyone?

Div1 After Rd 4

St Joeys 33
Grovedale 31
Newtown 28
South Barwon 27
East Belmont 24
Geelong West 23
Leopold 18
North Geelong 17
Bell Post Hill 12
Lara 10
Manifold Heights 8
Highton 7

Div2 After Rd 4

Murgheboluc 32
St Albans/Breakwater 31.5
Geelong City 27.5
St Peters 27
Torquay 23
Thomson 21.5
AT 16.5
Marshall 16
Newcomb 14
Waurn Ponds 10.5
Guild 4.5
Bell Park 4

Points are halved I'm pretty sure for div2 4ths.

Div1 After Rd 4

St Joeys 33
Grovedale 31
Newtown 28
South Barwon 27
East Belmont 24
Geelong West 23
Leopold 18
North Geelong 17
Bell Post Hill 12
Lara 10
Manifold Heights 8
Highton 7

Div2 After Rd 4

Murgheboluc 32
St Albans/Breakwater 31.5
Geelong City 27.5
St Peters 27
Torquay 23
Thomson 21.5
AT 16.5
Marshall 16
Newcomb 14
Waurn Ponds 10.5
Guild 4.5
Bell Park 4

Points are halved I'm pretty sure for div2 4ths.[/q

Thanks for that, im tipping at this early stage that Manifold Heights are in alot of trouble, from all reports they are playing short through all there lower grades most weeks and theirClubrooms & facility is a mess, Highton may survive for an extra year more than everybody would have thought.

Is there anywhere on the net that shows the Updated Club Championship points without having to ask each time for them?

Thanks

Might be a greater chance for someone to keep this up to date, if people put their hand up for the free management roles.

Might be a greater chance for someone to keep this up to date, if people put their hand up for the free management roles.
Sorry for breathing, i didnt think this was Communist Russia, was only asking for some information
I have done my time in the Sun playing, committees, Coaching etc for over 30 years and still involved in coaching juniors so if you think it is ufair to make a comment about something you shouldnt be on a cricket forum website which asks for opinions & discussion points.

agreed geelong city look to be the front runners, st albans got pantsed by them, and murghe are getting points through lower grades, i think the dark horses will be st peters, with the uknowns being torquay thomson and newcomb & district...its going to be close though

agreed geelong city look to be the front runners, st albans got pantsed by them, and murghe are getting points through lower grades, i think the dark horses will be st peters, with the uknowns being torquay thomson and newcomb & district...its going to be close though

It's interest isn't it?

I've had a look through some scores trying to work it out myself, I reckon City are just ahead of St Albans. Saying they got 'pantsed' is correct 5/6 is shocking but they still only lost by 20 or so runs. I'm hearing Murray will return next game and O'Leary who didn't play against City along with opening batsman from last year Fitzgerald, and I'm struggling to see ins for City. So both at full strenghth would make a very tight game I reckon.

Thomson, Murghy, St Peter's and Newcomb are the ones that will make a charge against the top two, hard to see it not being a City v St Albans take 2 GF though but this cricket is a funny game and they might both miss out yet.

Thomson, Murghe, St Peter's and Newcomb are the ones that will make a charge against the top two, hard to see it not being a City v St Albans take 2 GF though but this cricket is a funny game and they might both miss out yet.

No GCA2 sides are particularly good batting sides, or are hit and miss at best, so St Albans and City, on the strength of their respective bowling line-ups, would be the most preferred at this stage. City not as good with the bat this year and Pitts has yet to hit top stride, so slightly prefer St Albans just now (which means absolutely nothing seeing finals are over 3 months away). Murray was to play 1sts last game (washed out) so will be interesting to see how Millsy handles all the bowlers (and their egos) he has at his disposal. Didn't prove a problem last season. As for City, Marsland and Agg are going to end up with 40 wickets each by the end of the season.

Big comeback from Thomson of late they looked stuffed after the first few rounds. On current form they may be able to challenge City and St albans. The current top 6 looks like they all could have a decent shot at it. Murge, Thomson and Waurn Ponds have all won there last 3

nothing to do with player movements,
but is thomson & st.peters grounds out for the season or up and running for the first game after christmas?

nothing to do with player movements,
but is thomson & st.peters grounds out for the season or up and running for the first game after christmas?

St Peters out all year, almost certainly Thomson's as well. St Peters hope to play on Manifold's wicket after Xmas but I wouldn't be betting on it; their square is not in great nick. Thomson will probably seek to play at "away" team's grounds as GCG was only a temporary fix I believe.

The good ol' Addy would have us believe Bell Post Hill were back on Myers Reserve last weekend. Er, no lads :)
Merry Xmas.

Big News from GCA committee. Next season, being season 2012/2013 current GCA president Grant Dew will be asked to stand down from his role as well as GCA headquarters will be moved from East Belmont Cricket Club to a neutral location (possibly Sports House at Kardinia Park or another cricket club with updated and adequate facilities). This rebel movement comes as many associated clubs within the Geelong region have complained of a conflict of interest to the GCA by having a committee president who plays for the club that is the association headquarters. Stay turned.....

Interesting! I would assume by that comment there is someone that will put their hand up then. If it took the time it did to find a pennant chairman, why would there be someone available and competent at running the association........If Grants committed to next season, I would have though that you would move to new location, if thats in fact what is being said.

Back