Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Great idea, there is a meeting of all BPCA Presidents on the 24th of Sep, the meeting is basically to discuss the future direction of the BPCA and where it is heading. I for one agree there should be more one day games and the inclusion of twilight games and new uniforms whilst using a white ball sounds like a step in the right direction.

As most people would be aware Cricket Victoria conducted a :)statewide surveys in relation to prefrences for what type of game format players wanted the results were very clear that the vast majority of players wanted more one day games.

Lets hope that clubs get behind this idea.

right arm medium;235522 said:
My club is Grovedale. Now you tell me who is on what!

Grovedale's premierships were based around loyal players G. Kelson, Harper, Yelland and Baker. The only players getting paid would be Tsitas and Pearce i would think.

THE_LATE_MAIL;235478 said:
Funny thing is we dont here things like west, joeys, east belmont, grovedale....spending plenty! NOT MUCH SAID. Years gone by newtown, nth geelong, east, grovedale, joeys, spent plenty!!! NOT MUCH SAID!WHY!!!! ALL the so called super town teams in div 1 ( i call them the untouchables of div 1 cricket) ring up the all the young players of the little clubs and try and have recruited them................

I think that most clubs would not be breaking the rules of the salary cap. I know that my club does not, and I am really proud of their stance on paying players. But it is easy for us, having players that have never asked for a dollar in their life and still capable of being quality players in the league. But most of these are success stories of our junior program.

I think that the clubs that are under the microscope are ones that have high turnover of players, players that have played at many clubs, and clubs with very little home grown talent.
You cannot acuse clubs of paying players or breaking GCA rules just on the basis that they are more successful than you, or have better players.

freddie1;235523 said:
Are you kidding...Joeys in trouble?
We have finished Top 3 in the Club Championship for the last 6 years and have a massive junior section. Our 1s are always highly competetive. Our home ground is fantastic and the rooms have just been refurbished. We are lucky that we have home grown players who have gone to play a higher standard and will come back (Lowerey, Harris, Fanning, Morgon, Foster*2) as well as players like J Foss who will come back. As a former commitee member i can say that we never exceeded the Salary Cap in my term.
We recruit players like Farnsworth by offering them great coaching in a well organised club. Our president is an Executive of the AFL and runs the club superbly.
Know some facts before making these ridiculous statements.

when did your 1sts last play finals....with those comments it should have been every year....

right arm medium;235516 said:
I think that most clubs would not be breaking the rules of the salary cap. I know that my club does not, and I am really proud of their stance on paying players. But it is easy for us, having players that have never asked for a dollar in their life and still capable of being quality players in the league. But most of these are success stories of our junior program.

I think that the clubs that are under the microscope are ones that have high turnover of players, players that have played at many clubs, and clubs with very little home grown talent.
You cannot acuse clubs of paying players or breaking GCA rules just on the basis that they are more successful than you, or have better players.

AND YOUR CLUB IS...i talk with alot of players....i no what there on......these r facts...not b.s

THE_LATE_MAIL;235526 said:
harps is on free coke lol! thats a steal..

players arent on what everyone thinks they are on. its not footy where you have gate takings, another club affiliation (netball), bigger functions, more sponsers and a supporter base like footy.
money is not as big. it makes me laugh when people think players are getting $2,000-$5,000, thats over $100-$250 a WEEK.
What club in geelong can afford that???????????

funny how i read these blogs....people talk about ndcc...cash there spent...players there lost.....there going to be shit remember!!!!! recall last year they where shit and still played finals............hmmmmmm! that tells me 8 other clubs must be worse!!!!!!!!!!! Funny thing is we dont here things like west, joeys, east belmont, grovedale....spending plenty! NOT MUCH SAID. Years gone by newtown, nth geelong, east, grovedale, joeys, spent plenty!!! NOT MUCH SAID!WHY!!!! ALL the so called super town teams in div 1 ( i call them the untouchables of div 1 cricket) ring up the all the young players of the little clubs and try and have recruited them................funny i thought these clubs are so GOOD that they produce there own............what have newtown down in the last 5 years...leopold...city....joeys....west.....lara.....untouchables my ass...................these clubs are the clubs that ARE under PUMP.......THEY NEED TO BE PUT ON THE RADAR...FUNNY HOW AGG AND CO OVERLOOK THESE ISSUES.....puppets

We have finished Top 3 in the Club Championship for the last 6 years and have a massive junior section. Our 1s are always highly competetive. Our home ground is fantastic and the rooms have just been refurbished. We are lucky that we have home grown players who have gone to play a higher standard and will come back (Lowerey, Harris, Fanning, Morgon, Foster*2) as well as players like J Foss who will come back. As a former commitee member i can say that we never exceeded the Salary Cap in my term.
We recruit players like Farnsworth by offering them great coaching in a well organised club. Our president is an Executive of the AFL and runs the club superbly.

funny how i read these blogs....people talk about ndcc...cash there spent...players there lost.....there going to be shit remember!!!!! recall last year they where shit and still played finals............hmmmmmm! that tells me 8 other clubs must be worse!!!!!!!!!!! Funny thing is we dont here things like west, joeys, east belmont, grovedale....spending plenty! NOT MUCH SAID. Years gone by newtown, nth geelong, east, grovedale, joeys, spent plenty!!! NOT MUCH SAID!WHY!!!! ALL the so called super town teams in div 1 ( i call them the untouchables of div 1 cricket) ring up the all the young players of the little clubs and try and have recruited them................funny i thought these clubs are so GOOD that they produce there own............what have newtown down in the last 5 years...leopold...city....joeys....west.....lara.....untouchables my ass...................these clubs are the clubs that ARE under PUMP.......THEY NEED TO BE PUT ON THE RADAR...FUNNY HOW AGG AND CO OVERLOOK THESE ISSUES.....puppets

i dont think newcomb had one home grown player in there finals team last year? newcomb r the worst for stealing juniour players, just ask st albans,.

right arm medium;235522 said:
My club is Grovedale. Now you tell me who is on what!

Grovedale's premierships were based around loyal players G. Kelson, Harper, Yelland and Baker. The only players getting paid would be Tsitas and Pearce i would think.

THE_LATE_MAIL;235525 said:
when did your 1sts last play finals....with those comments it should have been every year....

Didnt make it last year. We had to win our last game to make the finals and lost it to Lara. Before that we had made the previous 5 finals series and lost 2 grand finals. Our seconds have made the finals 7 years in a row. Our 2nds had 9 under 21 players throughout the year.
How can you say we are in danger?
We have 6 sides and a school of 2500 supporting us.

freddie1;235523 said:

THE_LATE_MAIL;235519 said:
AND YOUR CLUB IS...i talk with alot of players....i no what there on......these r facts...not b.s

Ok.. No clarification on Grovedale. I think the 4 clubs you mentioned were Geelong West, St Joeys, East Belmont, Grovedale.

You have had a 1st player & Committee member confirm that they play by the rules, and I believe it.
You have had myself a 1sts player & Commitee member from Grovedale confirm that we play by the rules and I believe myself.

So far 2 out of 4 shot down in flames!

Do you pause for breath every few words when talking to these players?

Ellipses are not commas

THE_LATE_MAIL;235526 said:
harps is on free coke lol! thats a steal..

players arent on what everyone thinks they are on. its not footy where you have gate takings, another club affiliation (netball), bigger functions, more sponsers and a supporter base like footy.
money is not as big. it makes me laugh when people think players are getting $2,000-$5,000, thats over $100-$250 a WEEK.
What club in geelong can afford that???????????

wrong 'un;235327 said:
What a stupid thing to say. there already going to be the marshall of div1 this season. So why would they get rid of there most valuable player?

Also heard a bit of mail D Koliba wont be playing.
Who will be there bowlers to go with C Ford this season, I seen there 2nds last year and there wasn't anyone down there that would be a 1/2 decent div3 change bowler let alone div1.

I think it will be a long year for NDCC the worry though will be the lower grades if the 1sts have lost players that goes down through the whole club, thats lower grades that struggled at bit as it was.

Good luck to them though maybe they might surprise a few@|

i dont think newcomb had one home grown player in there finals team last year? newcomb r the worst for stealing juniour players, just ask st albans,.

YABBLETTT;235334[B said:
]I'm a BPCA follower, whats people thoughts on the BPCA going with colored tops and white balls for the 5 or 6 one-dayers this season?[/B] it wouldn't be costly to clubs as all clubs already have colored social tops that could be worn and the cost of a white ball wouldn't be much different to a red one.
It would give the comp a great look, and being proactive in local cricket.@|

Thoughts?

Thats a great idea, it would fantastic to see, I think it might be the way to, I'm sure everyone would agree on that@|

THE_LATE_MAIL;235525 said:

Didnt make it last year. We had to win our last game to make the finals and lost it to Lara. Before that we had made the previous 5 finals series and lost 2 grand finals. Our seconds have made the finals 7 years in a row. Our 2nds had 9 under 21 players throughout the year.

Ok.. No clarification on Grovedale. I think the 4 clubs you mentioned were Geelong West, St Joeys, East Belmont, Grovedale.

You have had a 1st player & Committee member confirm that they play by the rules, and I believe it.
You have had myself a 1sts player & Commitee member from Grovedale confirm that we play by the rules and I believe myself.

freddie1;235531 said:
didnt make it last year. We had to win our last game to make the finals and lost it to lara. Before that we had made the previous 5 finals series and lost 2 grand finals. Our seconds have made the finals 7 years in a row. Our 2nds had 9 under 21 players throughout the year.

yeah u will be hard to beat! Not in danger!

Do you pause for breath every few words when talking to these players?

Ellipses are not commas

right arm medium;235532 said:
ok.. No clarification on grovedale. I think the 4 clubs you mentioned were geelong west, st joeys, east belmont, grovedale.

You have had a 1st player & committee member confirm that they play by the rules, and i believe it.
You have had myself a 1sts player & commitee member from grovedale confirm that we play by the rules and i believe myself.

i wouldnt tell u myself.......

wrong 'un;235327 said:
What a stupid thing to say. there already going to be the marshall of div1 this season. So why would they get rid of there most valuable player?

Also heard a bit of mail D Koliba wont be playing.
Who will be there bowlers to go with C Ford this season, I seen there 2nds last year and there wasn't anyone down there that would be a 1/2 decent div3 change bowler let alone div1.

I think it will be a long year for NDCC the worry though will be the lower grades if the 1sts have lost players that goes down through the whole club, thats lower grades that struggled at bit as it was.

Good luck to them though maybe they might surprise a few@|

who's got the early pre-season tips for the flags in all 3 gca grades?
i reckon south barwon would be keen for some redemption, maybe east belmont in div 1. highton in div 2, MAYBE waurn ponds to defend. and us (guild) or maybe modda in div 3? i can't see any other clubs really coming close in div 3.. possibly little river if they've recruited like they say they have

YABBLETTT;235334[B said:
]I'm a BPCA follower, whats people thoughts on the BPCA going with colored tops and white balls for the 5 or 6 one-dayers this season?[/B] it wouldn't be costly to clubs as all clubs already have colored social tops that could be worn and the cost of a white ball wouldn't be much different to a red one.
It would give the comp a great look, and being proactive in local cricket.@|

Thoughts?

Thats a great idea, it would fantastic to see, I think it might be the way to, I'm sure everyone would agree on that@|

Rumours are true,

The jet has been clocked at bowling at speeds in excess of 170km/h

WOOO GO FROGS

CARPET CRICKET KINGS!!!!

WOOOOO TURF IS DEAD!!!!!

NOT THE TANKS IN THE WORLD WILL SAVE THE DOOM AND GLOOM OF THE DROUGHT WOOOOOO

GOOOOO FROGGGYS

gsmcc;235561 said:
i reckon south barwon would be keen for some redemption, maybe east belmont in div 1. highton in div 2, MAYBE waurn ponds to defend. and us (guild) or maybe modda in div 3? i can't see any other clubs really coming close in div 3.. possibly little river if they've recruited like they say they have

Division 1 will be South Barwin.
Big improvers will be North Geelong or BPH
Division 2 will be manifold heights.
big improvers will be Thomson
Division 3 will be Little River
Big improvers will be Bannockburn.

freddie1;235531 said:
didnt make it last year. We had to win our last game to make the finals and lost it to lara. Before that we had made the previous 5 finals series and lost 2 grand finals. Our seconds have made the finals 7 years in a row. Our 2nds had 9 under 21 players throughout the year.

yeah u will be hard to beat! Not in danger!

dads army;235579 said:
Division 1 will be South Barwin.
Big improvers will be North Geelong or BPH
Division 2 will be manifold heights.
big improvers will be Thomson
Division 3 will be Little River
Big improvers will be Bannockburn.

Thomson made the semi's last year i doubt they'd be big improvers if they didn't win the flag, I'm sure thats there goal for this season.

Div1: Geelong West
Roughy: St Joseph's

Div2: Manifold Heights
Roughy: Torquay

Div3: Modda
Roughy: Teesdale

right arm medium;235532 said:
ok.. No clarification on grovedale. I think the 4 clubs you mentioned were geelong west, st joeys, east belmont, grovedale.

You have had a 1st player & committee member confirm that they play by the rules, and i believe it.
You have had myself a 1sts player & commitee member from grovedale confirm that we play by the rules and i believe myself.

THE_LATE_MAIL;235541 said:

If they are facts, no bs, and you know what they are on, why are you hiding now? Or is it just too easy to try to knock those clubs that have experienced success?

DEATH WISH01;235581 said:
Thomson made the semi's last year i doubt they'd be big improvers if they didn't win the flag, I'm sure thats there goal for this season.

Div1: Geelong West
Roughy: St Joseph's

Div2: Manifold Heights
Roughy: Torquay

Div3: Modda
Roughy: Teesdale

gca div1: East Belmont
outsider: Leopold
gca div2: Manifold
outsider: North Shore
gca div3: Guild
outsider: shannon park:D

Rumours are true,

The jet has been clocked at bowling at speeds in excess of 170km/h

WOOO GO FROGS

CARPET CRICKET KINGS!!!!

WOOOOO TURF IS DEAD!!!!!

NOT THE TANKS IN THE WORLD WILL SAVE THE DOOM AND GLOOM OF THE DROUGHT WOOOOOO

GOOOOO FROGGGYS

right arm medium;235583 said:
If they are facts, no bs, and you know what they are on, why are you hiding now? Or is it just too easy to try to knock those clubs that have experienced success?

Who cares who's getting paid the most and who's not really? At the end of the day if you get a cup in your cabinet it's well worth it. I doubt however that anyone paid out as much as NDCC in that 3 or 4 year period...... but like i said who really cares:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back