Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

crktluva;269518 said:
cammarotoo 5k, big joke. and that is true boys trust me, they coud have got heaps better.

supersaintjohnny;269526 said:
If Marshall have paid him 5k they should just close the doors to the club now, because they have no idea.:eek:

pencil in 11;269553 said:
easiest 5k that banana is going to make. the bad news bears go from bad to worse, and thats why decent players wont go there for a hit and they struggle every year. who runs the $$$ down there, the boys from chartered accountants.

$5 graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand! :eek::eek: Plz xcuse my ignorance but wtf r marshal doin payin a meathead like cammarotto $5 g's? his worth abt fiddy bucks. da refernce to him bein a banana made me ROFL :cool:

I Hope there's a fine system at South for Babbsys photo and shocking article in todays Geelong news.

:p
chiefcharger;269804 said:
who do u play for mate? and what grade? oh and what did u make on the weekend?

cheifcharga i c the ref i made about the Stoneyford Batting Maestro has hit a raw nerve. As they say to Runia... chin up :eek:
4 da millionth time i dont play cricket, i watch it. why wood i botha standin in the sun chasin leatha wen i can b sittin back watching stoneyford local hero *insert name here* makin hundreds on cow paddocks in divvy 3 avin a couple quiet lagers :p

beckodelay;270499 said:
stil find it weird he was all ova Bph sayin they were gunna strugle. now his jumpd back on the bandwagn :eek: dont really care 4 div2; torquay wont b as bad as ppl say id reckon.stil sum mediocre teams in divvy 2! Manifold look the goods.
stil cant blive scowny played in the 2s?what they thinkin out there lil ant? dont they wanna win?! bly me :eek: any west boys in ere? how the new recruits settlin in off-field?heard a chinese whisper certain couple arent gettin along! look in2it boyz!

im pretty sure i told u wat i thought they were thinking wen i mentioned it the other day. they thought he was underdone, after no preseason and two days back from his honeymoon. we want to win, thats just a plain stupid comment. he'll be back this week count on it.

East Belmont v Newtown- East Belmont
Bell Post Hill v Leopold- Leopold
South Barwon v Newcomb- South Barwon
St Josephs v North Geelong- North Geelong
Grovedale v City- Grovedale
Lara v West- Geelong West

wrong 'un;270564 said:
I Hope there's a fine system at South for Babbsys photo and shocking article in todays Geelong news.

yes there is a fines system and he has been fined big time.:p

Babies Arm;269581 said:
hey beckodelay, i hope i never upset u in the past. i reckon we could be great mates. just been reading ur posts...... GOLD.
funniest person ever:D

"why cant we b friends, why cant we b friends" :D

gca_ipl;270310 said:
checked it was 2000/01 and in the Grand Final against AT in Div 2 at the West Oval. AT was bowled out cheaply for 93 and in reply South Barwon batted to 4/127. I suppose with the opposition being bowled out rather cheaply then you generally make sure you have snubbed out the result rather than leaving the game open. Anyway in the past and not much of a big deal :)

have the very scorebook in front of me. The game was of course a 2 dayer and by the looks of it South merely batted on (for a total of 11 overs after they passed AT) to ensure no outright result would be possible....

crktluva;269639 said:
as for farnsworth, huh!!! he is nothing with bat or ball, most half decent gca cricketers can play 3rd and 4ths at geelong. and ya right, a lot of people dont like him, but he has a lot of admirers too. his mum, dad HIMSELF HIMSELF HIMSELF AND HIMSELF.

his mum makes him cook his own meals :eek: mayb there aint as much love as we thinks :eek:

All guns blazing at BPH. They won with 8 balls to go according to talks amoungst the town. 8 wickets down (hardly convincing) Stace firing with the ball. NDCC looked out of sorts and need the older blokes to stand up. Too many people living in the past of what they used to do. . . Look out DIV 2 here they come!!!!!!!

ants14;269516 said:
guess u will just hav 2 wait and see wont u. btw id be backing sam to make plenty this year. hes had his time in the wait a few years bracket

i neva had 2 wait an c ants, it was always gunna be a south win. instead of playing shoulda poold the subs togetha bought some beers and had a few eddie betts @ oppys :eek:

ur man sammy hall might have another yr in dat "bracket" u were mentionin boss. left a str8 1 early for a wel compiled 1 :eek:

beckodelay;270499 said:
stil find it weird he was all ova Bph sayin they were gunna strugle. now his jumpd back on the bandwagn :eek: dont really care 4 div2; torquay wont b as bad as ppl say id reckon.stil sum mediocre teams in divvy 2! Manifold look the goods.
stil cant blive scowny played in the 2s?what they thinkin out there lil ant? dont they wanna win?! bly me :eek: any west boys in ere? how the new recruits settlin in off-field?heard a chinese whisper certain couple arent gettin along! look in2it boyz![/QUOTE]

Mate the blokes been injured since August... hasnt trained... and has been in thailand with the missus for the past 3 weeks... We've had fairly ordinary numbers at training.. but plenty of youth.. so why not give them a run in the first game of the season...

dont worry about scown.. he'll be in the 1's this week.. along with kurt hiller who was unavailable

sum interestin results from the weekends matches.
Bnichols lived up to the hype & is number 9 in the battin averages.
on that mycricket site some yobbo got 10/0 :eek:
good result lol.
hornett dominatd as per usual.
RAM got the grovvey boys over the line wit a good last wiket stand, neva did defend ur skippa on here now did ya, agree wit me then i take it?
pitts 112, too easy lol.
and poor old sammy hall got himself a single digit.

thank the lord (buddy love) cricket is bak

I Bowl Meat Pies;270649 said:
Mate the blokes been injured since August... hasnt trained... and has been in thailand with the missus for the past 3 weeks... We've had fairly ordinary numbers at training.. but plenty of youth.. so why not give them a run in the first game of the season...

dont worry about scown.. he'll be in the 1's this week.. along with kurt hiller who was unavailable

naay naaaay naaaaay ease up there tiger!!!!
just askin questions. as 4 givin em a run, im all 4it as long as they r up2it!!
Ye Ole Khiller Whale is back!! :eek:
what does lil antsy bowl? swingas, slidas, skiddas, spinnas? yung fella had sum good figures on satdy!

ants14;269800 said:
alright so i dont no if the addy will giv just the scores or good match reports so i will give my outlook for our game.

north batted first after south won the toss, and loss sam hall and danny tielens early to some good bowling by ando and phil hunt. ando hit the same spot time after time and bowled real good. eventually alf clark came in at number 5, but kept reguarly losing partners with 4 blokes making between 10-15. alf ended up on 59 not out, whilst brad haunstein ran through the middle order and tail picking up 4-17 and north finished at 9-136.

south came out and breur and whittingham attacked the unexperienced opening bowling attack of jack hall and dom mcglinchey (15 years old). those two eventually lost their wickets to the wily veteran ross aylmer. but wickets were not coming regularly and once haunstein came out to bat the game was a sgood as over. col millard took two late wickets, and brad haunstein finished on 57 not out, anthony ford also batted alright for his 22. they passed norths score in the 39th over with just 4 wickets down.

votes 3 b.haunstein 2 a.clark 1 a.ford

good, unbiased report, thanks ants :)

beckodelay;270657 said:
naay naaaay naaaaay ease up there tiger!!!!
just askin questions. as 4 givin em a run, im all 4it as long as they r up2it!!
Ye Ole Khiller Whale is back!! :eek:
what does lil antsy bowl? swingas, slidas, skiddas, spinnas? yung fella had sum good figures on satdy!

antsy bowls a fair bit of cut, looked like he was doing a bit off the wicket while he was bowling. Held up on occasions, so given a wicket the right grass coverage he could do a bit of damage. Hillier and Scown would definetly make their bowling a whole lot better and probably push back the two young kids that stepped up in Round 1.

ants14;269800 said:
alright so i dont no if the addy will giv just the scores or good match reports so i will give my outlook for our game.

north batted first after south won the toss, and loss sam hall and danny tielens early to some good bowling by ando and phil hunt. ando hit the same spot time after time and bowled real good. eventually alf clark came in at number 5, but kept reguarly losing partners with 4 blokes making between 10-15. alf ended up on 59 not out, whilst brad haunstein ran through the middle order and tail picking up 4-17 and north finished at 9-136.

south came out and breur and whittingham attacked the unexperienced opening bowling attack of jack hall and dom mcglinchey (15 years old). those two eventually lost their wickets to the wily veteran ross aylmer. but wickets were not coming regularly and once haunstein came out to bat the game was a sgood as over. col millard took two late wickets, and brad haunstein finished on 57 not out, anthony ford also batted alright for his 22. they passed norths score in the 39th over with just 4 wickets down.

votes 3 b.haunstein 2 a.clark 1 a.ford

good description, but did not mention Ants14 bowled a handy spell there at the start of the South Barwon chase. Also with Scowny likely to come into the side next week after taking 4 wickets in the 2's it should strengthen up the bowling. Alf was a freak again but I would think he needs a few more bats to help him out for North to win a few games.

gca_ipl;270662 said:
antsy bowls a fair bit of cut, looked like he was doing a bit off the wicket while he was bowling. Held up on occasions, so given a wicket the right grass coverage he could do a bit of damage. Hillier and Scown would definetly make their bowling a whole lot better and probably push back the two young kids that stepped up in Round 1.

gewd insight there ipl. but by the sounds of it he wil b easy pickins 4 the good bats afta xmas when the wikets r sponsord by Vic Roads!

Turned up at Guild and dam it i forgot to pack the surf board! gee there were alot of waves in the pitch!:D

But the $2 pots made up for it after the game

Barwon Heads look to be a commanding team this year along with St Albans, Heads who had 5 of there players out in round 1 will be hard to stop, its a shame we have to wait untill the last round to watch Heads vs St Albans, what a cracker it will be!

Jason Murray is set for a big year

Murray v Biddiscombe who ever has the better day could win it for there team!

whatdoumeanwashe;269910 said:
Turned up at Guild and dam it i forgot to pack the surf board! gee there were alot of waves in the pitch!:D

hahaha it wasn't that bad! how was leesy haha, 4 wickets in 5 balls. missed the double hat trick cause the stupid c..t can't bowl straight and threw down a wide.
would that still count haha? x x w x x in one over

Grassroots Cricket;270670 said:
Barwon Heads look to be a commanding team this year along with St Albans, Heads who had 5 of there players out in round 1 will be hard to stop, its a shame we have to wait untill the last round to watch Heads vs St Albans, what a cracker it will be!

Jason Murray is set for a big year

Murray v Biddiscombe who ever has the better day could win it for there team!

I'd agree with that Barwon Heads would be red hot favs to go back2back in my opinion, and with Mallet coming over that will bolster tho top order.

As for the Biddes v Muzza battle I think your on the money there as well, I rate Biddes right up there in the top couple in the comp if not the best, hard hitting bat that can destroy an attack and very very handy meds that swing both ways.

But there's a long way to go till then anything can happen between now and then, hopefully we can win enough games to make the top 6.

beckodelay;269864 said:
:p

cheifcharga i c the ref i made about the Stoneyford Batting Maestro has hit a raw nerve. As they say to Runia... chin up :eek:
4 da millionth time i dont play cricket, i watch it. why wood i botha standin in the sun chasin leatha wen i can b sittin back watching stoneyford local hero *insert name here* makin hundreds on cow paddocks in divvy 3 avin a couple quiet lagers :p

haha there we have it mate, u dont play cricket, so i wouldnt bother bagging out people who play! and he was playin divvy 1, have a look in todays geelong addy!! lol. anways boys think u should just agree to disagree? good idea. cyas

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;270672 said:
I'd agree with that Barwon Heads would be red hot favs to go back2back in my opinion, and with Mallet coming over that will bolster tho top order.

As for the Biddes v Muzza battle I think your on the money there as well, I rate Biddes right up there in the top couple in the comp if not the best, hard hitting bat that can destroy an attack and very very handy meds that swing both ways.

But there's a long way to go till then anything can happen between now and then, hopefully we can win enough games to make the top 6.

oh dear sbw, after you win the first three, two of them outright, is there a chance that you'll give us the old" where taking it one week at a time" line??

stiffyjohncock2;269930 said:
haha there we have it mate, u dont play cricket, so i wouldnt bother bagging out people who play! and he was playin divvy 1, have a look in todays geelong addy!! lol. anways boys think u should just agree to disagree? good idea. cyas

cos ppl think every1 is a gun, there r only a select few in GCA who r good cricketers the rest are standard country cricketers. ppl go over board when rating them. i have said all along i dont play yet no1 in here disagree's wit me much, mayb i make sense :eek:

Early days it looks like BH, St Albans and Queenscliff will be the teams to beat

geelong bitter, still a buck20 mark up :p

I'd agree with that Barwon Heads would be red hot favs to go back2back in my opinion...hopefully we can win enough games to make the top 6.

Is that a bit of a change in tune from some earlier posts??

Count to 10 if u have to J.A im just asking... I think u guys have top 2 sewn up.

beckodelay;269931 said:
cos ppl think every1 is a gun, there r only a select few in GCA who r good cricketers the rest are standard country cricketers. ppl go over board when rating them. i have said all along i dont play yet no1 in here disagree's wit me much, mayb i make sense :eek:

yeah whateva mate, i dont wanna get into an argument. u have been doing some good posts from what iv seen, and well done. just be carefull in bagging people out on here. yes everybody is entitled to their opinion but dont go overboard. anyways keep up the good posting. =]

heatelite;270723 said:
oh dear sbw, after you win the first three, two of them outright, is there a chance that you'll give us the old" where taking it one week at a time" line??

Second XI At Best;270748 said:

Count to 10 if u have to J.A im just asking... I think u guys have top 2 sewn up.

Just like every side you can just aim to make the finals, any higher and things can go pear shaped very quickly.

stiffyjohncock2;269933 said:
yeah whateva mate, i dont wanna get into an argument. u have been doing some good posts from what iv seen, and well done. just be carefull in bagging people out on here. yes everybody is entitled to their opinion but dont go overboard. anyways keep up the good posting. =]
thanks dad :rolleyes:

Second XI At Best;270748 said:

me thinks bourney has been prety diplomatic 2wards the season, not like sum of the otha supasaints who talk the club up in here. rememba ya cant win premierships b4 xmas but u can bloody well lose 'em :eek: BUT on a serious note can we get sum more groundworks pics bourney ROFL :rolleyes:

Was the wicket at Guild a brand new Santa Anna one. It looked from a distance as if it still had lines down it, from the rolls of grass.
Would expect that would have been great fun to bat on if it was.

beckodelay;270756 said:
me thinks bourney has been prety diplomatic 2wards the season, not like sum of the otha supasaints who talk the club up in here. rememba ya cant win premierships b4 xmas but u can bloody well lose 'em :eek: BUT on a serious note can we get sum more groundworks pics bourney ROFL :rolleyes:

Ahhh champagne comedy as usual Becko:rolleyes:
Get up off the floor and pull yourself togeather man:D

right arm medium;269940 said:
Was the wicket at Guild a brand new Santa Anna one. It looked from a distance as if it still had lines down it, from the rolls of grass.

cmon harpy harps answa my question! the longa ya leave it the more i think u dont like him :eek:

Under the counter;270767 said:
Any under the counter deals being done ?

in the words of Frank the Tank "cmon..... everybodies doin it" @ least 80% of clubs r in some way doing the 'dodgy'

If the Pitch was that bad, how come the umpire gave it a tick in the excellent box. Must of been an ok deck considering it rained all day friday.

right arm medium;269940 said:

no it wasn't the santa anna one they played on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back