Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

beckodelay;275427 said:
ok ok.. everyones entitled to there opinions and uve had so many good ones in the past... but the punch up thing was a joke written on here by matty caufield... there was no fight at presso night... mango and mitch.. all is good between em... so its all false?!?!? :confused:

ash wasnt making runs at north.. he loved the club.. loved the environment but stilll.. he was a junior at north shore and probably seen the oppurtunity to go bakk to where it started and start afreshfair enuff he wasnt makin runs, but at his age u guyz wood b beta off wit him at the top of the order then a teenaga

and as for trying to satisfy fergie... only a cheque book can do that... and we're a proud club and can honestly say that the cheque book has never came out to any player that isnt the coach of the clubfair point

which teenager r u talking about at the top of the order??:rolleyes:

Here Puss! Puss! Puss !Puss????????? Where's them cheetahs gone??????? Here Puss! Puss! Puss! Puss!................:confused:

Badger;275882 said:
have to admit beck, i was a bit jealous the boys didn't give me a mention ;) all the hype about the badger/becko support and i didn't even get a mention :eek::(

badge your ears may not have been listening at the correct time as for every guy we saw walking around with kids had to be the badger !! Aaron Croft was the Badger to Ando until I told him to look again, it is Crofty !!

gca_ipl;275937 said:
badge your ears may not have been listening at the correct time as for every guy we saw walking around with kids had to be the badger !! Aaron Croft was the Badger to Ando until I told him to look again, it is Crofty !!

ur mre popula thn ya thort badgey boi !! :eek:

crktluva;275372 said:
if brads the hornet coz he is good, does that make glenn and dazza the brown hornets?:rolleyes:

hehe, classic, but I was more thinking maybe the silver and bronze hornets, where Glenny would have to be the bronze !!

beckodelay;275537 said:
take ya pik outta spzonar, armisted & spzonar :eek:

well me n braden made 45 between us out of the 136 on saturday but anyway.

young is the pom opening bowler it was his first game on saturday. left armer not that quick but did a fair bit with it. will be very handy back up for harps this year. he was definitely there best performed bowler on saturday but the only one not to get a wicket

gca_ipl;275937 said:

haha i feel special now. i was standing right above ya's for ages listening to big ando's love for becko haha. i was with big simon lees. the young fellar had the day off to go fishing with his grandpa

RAM whos chris young?!?! & hw coodnt the nth batsmen hit him, 18 ovas 4 24 runs

While we r at it RAM, who r the other 2 new blokes, Peterson and McDonald?

thevetran;275905 said:
Here Puss! Puss! Puss !Puss????????? Where's them cheetahs gone??????? Here Puss! Puss! Puss! Puss!................:confused:

the cheetahs play cricket better than they type, so they have given up the computer as well. maybe the cheetahs should take up dodge ball, but with faeces instead as there seems to be an abundance on there ground that would come in handy.

Tailender;275552 said:
RAM whos chris young?!?! & hw coodnt the nth batsmen hit him, 18 ovas 4 24 runs

While we r at it RAM, who r the other 2 new blokes, Peterson and McDonald?

harps hasnt been on 4 a while, so ill tell ya. mcdonald gentle medium that changes his pace well, also made 53 not out, has a good technique for a numebr 10 bat... peterson looks to be a real good bat, threw his wicket away against us last week. bit of a whippet in the field to very quick and clean hands..

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;275536 said:
What happened in the St Peters 2nd inns there Renny? was the wicket a bit dodgey?

I only rolled up after the game was about to finish. Believe BP were 9 down for some time and the Saints just couldn't crack the last one. Hugely confident LBW appeal in the last over off Clay Nelson but obviously turned down. To answer your question, I think that the wicket was probably not the best it could have been but if you look at the scores, no doubt played the same each day with St Peters only making 130 in the 1st inns. Few young blokes in the 1sts at the moment with 4 missing form the semi-final side from last year. That also wouldn't have helped.

Badger;275972 said:
haha i feel special now. i was standing right above ya's for ages listening to big ando's love for becko haha. i was with big simon lees. the young fellar had the day off to go fishing with his grandpa

do ya luuuuuuuurve me ando?!?! :confused: c badgey boi, ur a stud2mayb ya can ave ya own clthng range2 11s cn b ya managa ;)

ants14;275551 said:
well me n braden made 45 between us out of the 136 on saturday but anyway.

young is the pom opening bowler it was his first game on saturday. left armer not that quick but did a fair bit with it. will be very handy back up for harps this year. he was definitely there best performed bowler on saturday but the only one not to get a wicket

ants14;275555 said:
harps hasnt been on 4 a while, so ill tell ya. mcdonald gentle medium that changes his pace well, also made 53 not out, has a good technique for a numebr 10 bat... peterson looks to be a real good bat, threw his wicket away against us last week. bit of a whippet in the field to very quick and clean hands..

yer 3 of ya's combind got 46, not gr8 frm middle order is it?!?! :confused:
this yung fella from grovey similar to ford from Dinoland?!

wered grovey get thse new blokes from?!!? :confused:

Renny24;275558 said:
I only rolled up after the game was about to finish. Believe BP were 9 down for some time and the Saints just couldn't crack the last one. Hugely confident LBW appeal in the last over off Clay Nelson but obviously turned down. To answer your question, I think that the wicket was probably not the best it could have been but if you look at the scores, no doubt played the same each day with St Peters only making 130 in the 1st inns. Few young blokes in the 1sts at the moment with 4 missing form the semi-final side from last year. That also wouldn't have helped.

2b bwld out 4 47 tho aint gr8, readn the ablettiser tis morn Booley from Bpark was sayin how sh!t there pre-seasn was: dnt no any1 elses thorts but ya coach shoodnt be sayn that stuff in the papers :eek:

beckodelay;275561 said:
2b bwld out 4 47 tho aint gr8, readn the ablettiser tis morn Booley from Bpark was sayin how sh!t there pre-seasn was: dnt no any1 elses thorts but ya coach shoodnt be sayn that stuff in the papers :eek:

Tend to agree on both counts. However, i would think that the boys would be happy to take a win after being bowled out for 47.....could have been a lot worse.

gca_ipl;275668 said:
hmmm, it was a white ute, we have video footage of the man as he was just there in the background of all our shots of the day. Young Stewy was a Swan for one season as a junior until he got taken away by the Grovey Tigers.

shore u didnt give him away

beckodelay;275560 said:
yer 3 of ya's combind got 46, not gr8 frm middle order is it?!?! :confused:
this yung fella from grovey similar to ford from Dinoland?!

wered grovey get thse new blokes from?!!? :confused:

peterson is a pom as well i think but i duno where mcdonald is from. maybe a twos player from last year. no ford comes off a step and a half lol, young has a good size run up and angles across then moves both ways... good bowler.

If i get t shirts made up with "BIG CRICKET"

Who would buy them at $25 each.

Please reply if interested. enough numbers ill do it. :cool::cool:

ants14;275568 said:
peterson is a pom as well i think but i duno where mcdonald is from. maybe a twos player from last year. no ford comes off a step and a half lol, young has a good size run up and angles across then moves both ways... good bowler.

thort renny said ya cood onli av 1 pom per grade?!?!? :confused: ah wel, grovie seem2b doin ok again, althou admittedly they onli beat North, who 4 the recrd wnt truble scorers ths season wit any points :eek:

dogpoo.jpg

*****Breaking news******
Thought I would have a quick look at training down at cheetahland tonight!!!! After months of speculation the new secret gun recruit has emerged at training and I was lucky enough to have my camera with me. From what I saw he was sending some quick ones down....pity they were out of his ring!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK THATS ENOUGH OF THIS FOR ME

ants14;275568 said:
peterson is a pom as well i think but i duno where mcdonald is from. maybe a twos player from last year.

If it's Travis McDonald he coached Guild about 3/4 seasons ago. Bowls slow swingers. Was pretty effective in Div2 but I couldn't see him being much of a threat in the top comp, bowling wise.

yeah, i agree vetran, i think we've all had enough of cheetahs, th pricks arent worth talkin about. but if they pop their arrogant heads up we will need to start up again.

I've just been thinking what are the lower scores by sides people can remember in 1sts/A cricket?

To the person posting on this Forum as cheetahs2008 I would like to advise you that your opinions are not supported in any way by the members and players of the Geelong West Sporting Club, and we would kindly appreciate if you would cease and desist from making any statements on behalf of our club.

If you have an issue with the Geelong West Sporting Club we would appreciate if you would bring them to us directly at Bakers Oval any Tuesday or Thursday night during training and the committee would be happy to hear you out and make a proper reply.

To all other users of this forum we unreservedly apoligise for the comments made by this user who at the moment remains unidentified to anybody associated with the cricket club in an official capacity.

Regards,

Paul Parker
President
Geelong West Sporting Club
Cricket Section

G.W.S.C.;276048 said:
To the person posting on this Forum as cheetahs2008 I would like to advise you that your opinions are not supported in any way by the members and players of the Geelong West Sporting Club, and we would kindly appreciate if you would cease and desist from making any statements on behalf of our club.

If you have an issue with the Geelong West Sporting Club we would appreciate if you would bring them to us directly at Bakers Oval any Tuesday or Thursday night during training and the committee would be happy to hear you out and make a proper reply.

To all other users of this forum we unreservedly apoligise for the comments made by this user who at the moment remains unidentified to anybody associated with the cricket club in an official capacity.

Regards,

Paul Parker
President
Cricket Section

top stuff paul, but this guy isnt going to come forward.

wrong 'un;275584 said:
I've just been thinking what are the lower scores by sides people can remember in 1sts/A cricket?

I remember Bell Park being bowled out for 16 or something similar by Newtown when they were in division 1 a few years ago

i just finished readen dazs report and it inspired to write an essay of my own. nar just kidding the tail end of our game didnt deserve an essay but here goes.

millard and hall opened the batting confident of putting some dent in to the total of 280 posted by grovedale the week before. boundaries were scored early, but just as harper strayed he got the wicket of millard which brought lymer to the crease. hall didnt last much longer than millard as he edged another to the keeper which took north to 2-35. armistead came on and made a quickfire 21 before throwing us wicket away by skying one off mcdonald, bringing alf clark to the crease. lymer didnt learn from armisteads mistake and did the same thing a few overs later, leaving north with not much batting to come. braden szponar put up a bit off resistance with alf before alf was bowled by gareth yelland for 33. braden hung about for a bit longer and hit tsitas for a huge six over mid wicket which we havent stopped hearing about, but that was one of few highlights for the day, north all out for 134 in the 56th over. tsitas and yelland both picked up three wickets.

votes 3. m. baker 2. t.mcdonald 3. g.harper

G.W.S.C.;276048 said:

Regards,

Paul Parker
President
Cricket Section

Top stuff Paul, but I agree with babies arm whoever this person is they won't come forward. there will be no more from me about this, even though mostly it's in good fun. Cheers

just wondering also were geelong west r playing there home games in the ones and twos? i know its at geelong college but theres two campuses of geelong college isnt there? one on aberedeen/minerva and one on aphrasia street? someone from grovey able to help me out, u guys played them round 1... cheers in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back