Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

No covers on at Marshall. Pitch is a lake. Looks like another Saturday of sinkin cans watchin the twos. Not a bad way to spend the day.
How many games do you reckon a ball will be bowled in this weekend, lads?

Waurn Ponds forever;380888 said:
No covers on at Marshall. Pitch is a lake. Looks like another Saturday of sinkin cans watchin the twos. Not a bad way to spend the day.

Covers have been on at South Barwon but pitch may still be a lake depending on how the run off from the rain goes !! This rain still continues to come. Will be a number of highly unlikely starts for Saturday, but you would think if there is enough clubs that can play then their game should be able to start. And who said the ozone layer is causing us issues ??

Covers have been on at South Barwon but pitch may still be a lake depending on how the run off from the rain goes !! This rain still continues to come. Will be a number of highly unlikely starts for Saturday, but you would think if there is enough clubs that can play then their game should be able to start. And who said the ozone layer is causing us issues ??

Saw Marshall's wicket this morning and it looks like it will get a game up providing we do not have any rain today or tomorrow which is looking likely. Might have to keep the cans on ice until last Saturday arvo !!

Saw Marshall's wicket this morning and it looks like it will get a game up providing we do not have any rain today or tomorrow which is looking likely. Might have to keep the cans on ice until last Saturday arvo !!

cheer_cheer;381049 said:

"They Can Hear Us Coming"...
at this rate we might have to start chilling the champagne at the Den :)

cheer_cheer;381049 said:

Bear Facts;381282 said:

does this mean you predicting a post christmas onslaught by the bears

Bear Facts;381282 said:

does this mean you predicting a post christmas onslaught by the bears

Just read the article in the paper, seems pretty accurate except that BPH may be a fraction high and South Barwon a touch low.

Just read the article in the paper, seems pretty accurate except that BPH may be a fraction high and South Barwon a touch low.

workinprogress;382394 said:
Lara having a tough run with Grovedale and North Geelong...... Pretty sure we dont have to play Lara again this year...

Well done Browning

workinprogress;382394 said:
Lara having a tough run with Grovedale and North Geelong...... Pretty sure we dont have to play Lara again this year...

Well done Browning

cheer_cheer;382434 said:
What was there predictions ??

BTW, how did Nth go against BPH in the T20 ? Did we have a winner ?
nahh it was washed out... we play on the 7th of jan i think???

it wasnt so much the predictions that got me mad.. it was the fact that he mention 7 players in geelong citys standout players.. and there sitting 10th... while he only mentioned 1 or 2 players for every other side....then he said lara will finish 3rd and so on but theyve got hard games against grovey and us... we dont play em again...

how many beers did he have on boxing day wen he was writing this stoopid article

cheer_cheer;382434 said:
What was there predictions ??

BTW, how did Nth go against BPH in the T20 ? Did we have a winner ?

it wasnt so much the predictions that got me mad.. it was the fact that he mention 7 players in geelong citys standout players.. and there sitting 10th... while he only mentioned 1 or 2 players for every other side....then he said lara will finish 3rd and so on but theyve got hard games against grovey and us... we dont play em again...

how many beers did he have on boxing day wen he was writing this stoopid article

I Bowl Meat Pies;382476 said:

that makes one of us then. cut him some slack i suppose, he realised that kingy's real name was shaun not stuart so it must have fogged him a bit

I Bowl Meat Pies;382476 said:

that makes one of us then. cut him some slack i suppose, he realised that kingy's real name was shaun not stuart so it must have fogged him a bit

ants14;382551 said:
nahh he predicted us 7th.. so wat.... how often is he correct with the stuff he says... this time last year he said we were fighting for relegation.. hes a joke

ants14;382551 said:
nahh he predicted us 7th.. so wat.... how often is he correct with the stuff he says... this time last year he said we were fighting for relegation.. hes a joke

Spot on IBMP, just when ya think they getting it all together, they go bang and smash themselves right in the poo bank. The best thing they coul do would be to go back to having one of the actual cricketers that plays in the league writing. At least when Jammo from highton and Dazza wrote it there was no obvious mistakes. Jammo was actually pretty entertaining, got a few offside but entertaining and accurate.

Spot on IBMP, just when ya think they getting it all together, they go bang and smash themselves right in the poo bank. The best thing they coul do would be to go back to having one of the actual cricketers that plays in the league writing. At least when Jammo from highton and Dazza wrote it there was no obvious mistakes. Jammo was actually pretty entertaining, got a few offside but entertaining and accurate.

waynewayne;382755 said:
i reckon the addy midseason reviews were ok. Div 2 and 3 were decent
i admit it was better than previous years.. but still some of the content wasnt correct... and he really should take off his geelong city baggy blue wen hes writing the article

waynewayne;382755 said:
i reckon the addy midseason reviews were ok. Div 2 and 3 were decent
i admit it was better than previous years.. but still some of the content wasnt correct... and he really should take off his geelong city baggy blue wen hes writing the article

I Bowl Meat Pies;382760 said:

Welcome to 2010 boys. Has anyone got a copy of the season reviews for each side. Just got back from Holidays and wouldn't mind a bit of read . . . :)

I Bowl Meat Pies;382760 said:

Welcome to 2010 boys. Has anyone got a copy of the season reviews for each side. Just got back from Holidays and wouldn't mind a bit of read . . . :)

Watching Closely;382804 said:

yeh ive still got them laying around, you didnt get a mention though mate. however i did see you used as a *before shot* for the advanced hair studio :D:D:D

Watching Closely;382804 said:

yeh ive still got them laying around, you didnt get a mention though mate. however i did see you used as a *before shot* for the advanced hair studio :D:D:D

daniel_son_91;382893 said:
yeh ive still got them laying around, you didnt get a mention though mate. however i did see you used as a *before shot* for the advanced hair studio

Yeah fair call but atleast i don't wake up every morning with stretched ears and a bruised chin. . . :eek:

By the way i obtained a copy and it does mention a sentence or too. . . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back