Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Seemed like it must've rained all week, based on most GCA2 scores yesterday.

St Peter's all out 95 but then rolled Marshall for 77.
NDSC 72 and Highton only 101 in reply.
Murghe 120, North Shore 3/22.
Bell Park all out 88 (maybe not such a surprise).

Look here;384637 said:

Some very average scores.

Also I see Zanoni is back playing for Leopold, still no sign of Skrobolak and New was in East Belmont's 2nd's.

Look here;384637 said:

Some very average scores.

Also I see Zanoni is back playing for Leopold, still no sign of Skrobolak and New was in East Belmont's 2nd's.

Look here;384637 said:

Typical shit review from the addy today. Calling the Marshall pitch a minefield, was nothing wrong with the pitch at all just poor batting from both sides and brilliant bowling by Charlie Lamb of St Peters and Brad Greenwood of Marshall. The 2's game at St Peters was played on a good deck aswell with low score's St Peters 114 vs Marshall 7-50 so id say its got more to do with poor batting than poor pitches.

Just on Marshall, does anyone rate them a chance to play final's this year? Currently 6th on the table with a game that could go outright either way this week followed by a tough game against Thomson, they then have 2 very winnable games to finish the season against Guild and Bell Park. The batting has been terrible all year but the list is actually talented and hopefully it can click before its to late and i dont think it'd be bad to say that there bowling and fielding this year has probably been as good as any other side's.

Look here;384637 said:

Typical shit review from the addy today. Calling the Marshall pitch a minefield, was nothing wrong with the pitch at all just poor batting from both sides and brilliant bowling by Charlie Lamb of St Peters and Brad Greenwood of Marshall. The 2's game at St Peters was played on a good deck aswell with low score's St Peters 114 vs Marshall 7-50 so id say its got more to do with poor batting than poor pitches.

Just on Marshall, does anyone rate them a chance to play final's this year? Currently 6th on the table with a game that could go outright either way this week followed by a tough game against Thomson, they then have 2 very winnable games to finish the season against Guild and Bell Park. The batting has been terrible all year but the list is actually talented and hopefully it can click before its to late and i dont think it'd be bad to say that there bowling and fielding this year has probably been as good as any other side's.

tim finnigan;384781 said:

If you look at the ladder any team from 10th can make the finals so it is going to be tight and I'm predicting some outright results next weekend which will make the ladder look different again come this time next week.

The next 3 rounds may well see some more outright results if these low scores and 20 wickets on day 1 continues.

If you look at the ladder any team from 10th can make the finals so it is going to be tight and I'm predicting some outright results next weekend which will make the ladder look different again come this time next week.

The next 3 rounds may well see some more outright results if these low scores and 20 wickets on day 1 continues.

Just on Marshall, does anyone rate them a chance to play final's this year? Currently 6th on the table with a game that could go outright either way this week followed by a tough game against Thomson, they then have 2 very winnable games to finish the season against Guild and Bell Park.

Obviously a chance, but I'd have thought more likely to miss than not. AT, Guild & Highton still better prospects. Greenwood has been a very good pickup but needs more support and the batting is still very iffy.

Mind you, was fairly impressed when Marshall played Murghe last Sunday week. Plenty of people pitching in off-field and good support, which I gather hasn't been the case in the last few years. And to win the game after losing 5 for 6 in the middle order was a good sign. Ahhh, if only we'd caught Jarred Messinger when he was 20-something.........costly miss.:eek:

Just on Marshall, does anyone rate them a chance to play final's this year? Currently 6th on the table with a game that could go outright either way this week followed by a tough game against Thomson, they then have 2 very winnable games to finish the season against Guild and Bell Park.

Obviously a chance, but I'd have thought more likely to miss than not. AT, Guild & Highton still better prospects. Greenwood has been a very good pickup but needs more support and the batting is still very iffy.

Mind you, was fairly impressed when Marshall played Murghe last Sunday week. Plenty of people pitching in off-field and good support, which I gather hasn't been the case in the last few years. And to win the game after losing 5 for 6 in the middle order was a good sign. Ahhh, if only we'd caught Jarred Messinger when he was 20-something.........costly miss.:eek:

TF i like the boy's.. Looking forward to watching the boy's this Saturday. A vast improvement around the club this year and the Club Championship reflects this.. The batting has been a bit brittle but they should have at least 1 senior side represented in finials to complement their upcoming juniors.. Very Bright Future. :)

TF i like the boy's.. Looking forward to watching the boy's this Saturday. A vast improvement around the club this year and the Club Championship reflects this.. The batting has been a bit brittle but they should have at least 1 senior side represented in finials to complement their upcoming juniors.. Very Bright Future. :)

Bear Facts;385281 said:

Have to agree with what we are seeing at Marshall from being their closest neighbours. Look like they have alot of good things in place on and off the field which has appeared to change dramatically since last season. Plenty of workers now around the club which is where a club starts its climb up the ladder with. Look out for the Bears !!

Bear Facts;385281 said:

Have to agree with what we are seeing at Marshall from being their closest neighbours. Look like they have alot of good things in place on and off the field which has appeared to change dramatically since last season. Plenty of workers now around the club which is where a club starts its climb up the ladder with. Look out for the Bears !!

Keep pluggin away Marshall, give your all and continue the junior efforts and it will turn around sooner rather than later.

Keep pluggin away Marshall, give your all and continue the junior efforts and it will turn around sooner rather than later.

City blew a chance at a big victory yesterday.. Grant Lindsay batted for himself and made 111 rather than putting the team first...

needing 60 off the last 8 overs Marsland had a go but lindsay just patted balls away in chase of his century... very selfish in my opinion

City blew a chance at a big victory yesterday.. Grant Lindsay batted for himself and made 111 rather than putting the team first...

needing 60 off the last 8 overs Marsland had a go but lindsay just patted balls away in chase of his century... very selfish in my opinion

I Bowl Meat Pies;385754 said:

It would have been Scott the coach. Grant still playing at Footscray with their other brother Justin. High scoring game, small ground. Important win for North though.

I Bowl Meat Pies;385754 said:

It would have been Scott the coach. Grant still playing at Footscray with their other brother Justin. High scoring game, small ground. Important win for North though.

cheer_cheer;385775 said:

there was a d.roach in lara first side on the weekend is that david roach who hasnt been around for a few years can anyone confirm this

cheer_cheer;385775 said:

there was a d.roach in lara first side on the weekend is that david roach who hasnt been around for a few years can anyone confirm this

cheer_cheer;385775 said:
ahh yess my stupid mistake.. scott lindsay

cheer_cheer;385775 said:
ahh yess my stupid mistake.. scott lindsay

Country Week side's first game this season is in Geelong on the Monday. Be good to see a few there. And whilst we're at it....well done Riss on getting your first senior rep call-up. Good reward.

Country Week side's first game this season is in Geelong on the Monday. Be good to see a few there. And whilst we're at it....well done Riss on getting your first senior rep call-up. Good reward.

donbradman;385915 said:
it could be him... on the mycricket page it says he also has records with St Albans(VTCA), Moonee Valley and Tullamarine...

who did he play for when he was down here.. was it Newcomb and District

donbradman;385915 said:
it could be him... on the mycricket page it says he also has records with St Albans(VTCA), Moonee Valley and Tullamarine...

I Bowl Meat Pies;385982 said:

ummm, who didn't he play for is more the question !! I can remember North Shore, Alexander Thomson, Corio as well as Newcomb. There may be more ??

I Bowl Meat Pies;385982 said:

ummm, who didn't he play for is more the question !! I can remember North Shore, Alexander Thomson, Corio as well as Newcomb. There may be more ??

cheer_cheer;385992 said:

he captain/coach all those sides i think and more i can remember bell park guild, bell post hill i think newcomb/d i c his been playing in melb but is that him now at lara

cheer_cheer;385992 said:

he captain/coach all those sides i think and more i can remember bell park guild, bell post hill i think newcomb/d i c his been playing in melb but is that him now at lara

donbradman;385993 said:

yes that is roachy playing at lara,

donbradman;385993 said:

yes that is roachy playing at lara,

he is a bit different, but a pretty good bloke once ya know him, he can bat pretty well, has made pleny of runs everywhere just gets himself into trouble. but he did belt jammo from highton a ripper, and a lot of people like him for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back