Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

university changed to waurn ponds "location waurn ponds"
cement changed to manifold heights "location manifold heights"
sth melb changed to sydney "location sydney"
fitzroy lions changed to brisbane lions "location brisbane"

murghebuloc have not changed "location, not murgheboluc"

thats y its a joke, i understand the history and reluctance to change due to past players being unhappy, but its no longer their club, you move away from the area and there are no links to the area, you change names, thats why it seems silly to all others who dont play there as well as a fair few that still do. coming up with another name wont be easy but murgheboluc doesnt suit anymore in my opinion. Cmon guys lets come up with a new name for the frogs. BELMONT FROGS.

hard hitter please confirm or deny. but did you say adam lucas is fastest bowler in div 2 ? he certainly isnt, thats for sure.

hard hitter please confirm or deny. but did you say adam lucas is fastest bowler in div 2 ? he certainly isnt, thats for sure.

Look here;374452 said:
Still plenty of other non-suburban club names floating around the GCA as well as Murghe.

mdf30586;374609 said:
which clubs?

St.Joseph's, St.Peter's, Alexander Thomson, Guild Saints. Plus "Corio Bay" and "South Barwon" are pretty generic.

crktluva;374654 said:
Cmon guys lets come up with a new name for the frogs. BELMONT FROGS.

Who now play in Newtown?!?!?

Look here;374452 said:
Still plenty of other non-suburban club names floating around the GCA as well as Murghe.

mdf30586;374609 said:
which clubs?

St.Joseph's, St.Peter's, Alexander Thomson, Guild Saints. Plus "Corio Bay" and "South Barwon" are pretty generic.

crktluva;374654 said:
Cmon guys lets come up with a new name for the frogs. BELMONT FROGS.

Who now play in Newtown?!?!?

crktluva;374658 said:

he would be up there when he bends his back wouldn't he?

crktluva;374658 said:

he would be up there when he bends his back wouldn't he?

dazza_whats_the_score;374683 said:
correct!! by yards!!:)

it would be great to get a speed gun and work out who the quickest bowler in the Geelong region is. Would be interesting to see how quick and how slow (in my case) people actually bowl !! Get a sponsor to go a cash prize for the winner should make it interesting !! Hmmm, that's an idea. :D

dazza_whats_the_score;374683 said:
correct!! by yards!!:)

it would be great to get a speed gun and work out who the quickest bowler in the Geelong region is. Would be interesting to see how quick and how slow (in my case) people actually bowl !! Get a sponsor to go a cash prize for the winner should make it interesting !! Hmmm, that's an idea. :D

crktluva;374658 said:

May have sounded that way in the paper, but what said to the reporter, was Adam in his first 5-6 over spell is probably ONE of the quickest in Divy 2. (Not the quickest) After that he is pretty medium with a quicker one every now and then. To date he has hurried up a few batters this year and collected a couple of ribs as well. And NO I didn't say he was a young gun. :rolleyes:

I did put it on Bell Park Captain and Batters and they responded the best way. 312. So I'll cop that on the chin and we'll see how that pans out on Saturday.

crktluva;374658 said:

May have sounded that way in the paper, but what said to the reporter, was Adam in his first 5-6 over spell is probably ONE of the quickest in Divy 2. (Not the quickest) After that he is pretty medium with a quicker one every now and then. To date he has hurried up a few batters this year and collected a couple of ribs as well. And NO I didn't say he was a young gun. :rolleyes:

I did put it on Bell Park Captain and Batters and they responded the best way. 312. So I'll cop that on the chin and we'll see how that pans out on Saturday.

a for effort;374680 said:
Benci, Lang, Lees would all have him covered for pace

Pretty close here A4E, Illingworth with a full head of steam can throw them down and Charlie Lamb can still find the odd bit of pace when he wants though his lightning days are behind him.

a for effort;374680 said:
Benci, Lang, Lees would all have him covered for pace

Pretty close here A4E, Illingworth with a full head of steam can throw them down and Charlie Lamb can still find the odd bit of pace when he wants though his lightning days are behind him.

South Barwon had GCA 7ths recruit of the year today - none other than Jeremy Babb. His first game for the year apparently. Don't think the Frog 5ths know what hit 'em when he bowled.

South Barwon had GCA 7ths recruit of the year today - none other than Jeremy Babb. His first game for the year apparently. Don't think the Frog 5ths know what hit 'em when he bowled.

Look here;375342 said:

hehe, yep he did, in his comeback from injury. They got their own back though when they got him for a duck when he batted :-o Worse still his team lost on THE MOON !!

Look here;375342 said:

hehe, yep he did, in his comeback from injury. They got their own back though when they got him for a duck when he batted :-o Worse still his team lost on THE MOON !!

Look here;375342 said:
if hes recruit of the year lol... north geelongs 6ths must run a close second with lindsay scown padding up for them in the past 2 games... supposed to be having a year off after playing plenty of years with north melbournes firsts... now decided to play a few games to help us out

Look here;375342 said:
if hes recruit of the year lol... north geelongs 6ths must run a close second with lindsay scown padding up for them in the past 2 games... supposed to be having a year off after playing plenty of years with north melbournes firsts... now decided to play a few games to help us out

Victorian Country Squad named today: Brad Hauenstein (Geel) (Capt), Heath Pyke (Ball) (VC), Peter Dunlop (FTG), Luke Restall (Albury), Andrew Fergusson (Geel), Alex Cairns (Geel), Paul Arandt (Seym), Matt Mulcahy (FTG), Matt Hyden (Ball), Nathan Freitag (Traral), Simon Dignan (FTG), Steve Wood (Albury), Greg Daniel (Albury), Emerg: Craig Startin (Wang), Sean Downie (Cobram). Six players returning from last year. Being played Albury from Jan 2nd.

Victorian Country Squad named today: Brad Hauenstein (Geel) (Capt), Heath Pyke (Ball) (VC), Peter Dunlop (FTG), Luke Restall (Albury), Andrew Fergusson (Geel), Alex Cairns (Geel), Paul Arandt (Seym), Matt Mulcahy (FTG), Matt Hyden (Ball), Nathan Freitag (Traral), Simon Dignan (FTG), Steve Wood (Albury), Greg Daniel (Albury), Emerg: Craig Startin (Wang), Sean Downie (Cobram). Six players returning from last year. Being played Albury from Jan 2nd.

Hey Rissole,

I know you want to bowl a bit more, but texting the editor in the Addy to bag your captain is not your style i wouldn't have thought....

Yours in sport

AB

Hey Rissole,

I know you want to bowl a bit more, but texting the editor in the Addy to bag your captain is not your style i wouldn't have thought....

Yours in sport

AB

AB1;376124 said:
Hey Rissole,

Yours in sport

AB

I did read that AB1, was quite humorous.
For the record, I think I have bowled a total of 10 balls at training this season. Just got the yips.

AB1;376124 said:
Hey Rissole,

Yours in sport

AB

I did read that AB1, was quite humorous.
For the record, I think I have bowled a total of 10 balls at training this season. Just got the yips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back