Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

wtf happened to bell park 1sts this week, how you can make 300 plus one game and be all out for 28 next game is beyond logic, if anyone knows anything about this game id love to hear it.

wtf happened to bell park 1sts this week, how you can make 300 plus one game and be all out for 28 next game is beyond logic, if anyone knows anything about this game id love to hear it.

crktluva;376667 said:

Danny Skene 8/7 off 8.

crktluva;376667 said:

Danny Skene 8/7 off 8.

Didn't think i would ever hear myself say this but here goes. Well Done to the Newtown boys, Benny Neville in particular. Could have walked off the ground at 4:00pm with it drizzling but as he said after the game, were all hear to play cricket so why don't we just keep playing. It wasn't like they had us for not many, ended up getting 320 odd so fair effort to keep his boys out there. Hats off to them. . .

Didn't think i would ever hear myself say this but here goes. Well Done to the Newtown boys, Benny Neville in particular. Could have walked off the ground at 4:00pm with it drizzling but as he said after the game, were all hear to play cricket so why don't we just keep playing. It wasn't like they had us for not many, ended up getting 320 odd so fair effort to keep his boys out there. Hats off to them. . .

thommy_rissole;377048 said:
Koliba 6 consecutive half centuries (inc. 1 century) ! Good viewing Cheer Cheer?

One word "Freak !!!" The even better thing is that some people come to the games and at least 4-5 guys from work have said to me after the match "gee your a better batter than I thought you were !!" and I did not even bat !!

Can't wait till he stays in for the whole innings at South because he will make a double century no worries on one of the roads after XMAS !! I think he is waiting for the new clubrooms to be finished before he makes the double ton !!

thommy_rissole;377048 said:
Koliba 6 consecutive half centuries (inc. 1 century) ! Good viewing Cheer Cheer?

One word "Freak !!!" The even better thing is that some people come to the games and at least 4-5 guys from work have said to me after the match "gee your a better batter than I thought you were !!" and I did not even bat !!

Can't wait till he stays in for the whole innings at South because he will make a double century no worries on one of the roads after XMAS !! I think he is waiting for the new clubrooms to be finished before he makes the double ton !!

cheer_cheer;377061 said:

The old mistaken identity trick, can work wonders.

We have that at Thomson too, everyone wants Salts signature thinking it is obviously Morello off The Apprentice :D

cheer_cheer;377061 said:

The old mistaken identity trick, can work wonders.

We have that at Thomson too, everyone wants Salts signature thinking it is obviously Morello off The Apprentice :D

crktluva;376667 said:

Apparently it wasn't the greatest deck but amazingly Mick Brown won the toss and decided to bat, no doubt buoyed by his team's efforts against Newcomb. Sadly for the Dragons, they had a couple of blokes out and the guys that were left showed little courage or application. Our blokes struggled early in reply but managed to eek out 90 before the rain the rain came.
The funniest bit was how chirpy they were in the field. One guy had the gaul to get stuck into Franky Myers, to which he received the reply "I've already made more than your team did, champ.'':)

crktluva;376667 said:

Apparently it wasn't the greatest deck but amazingly Mick Brown won the toss and decided to bat, no doubt buoyed by his team's efforts against Newcomb. Sadly for the Dragons, they had a couple of blokes out and the guys that were left showed little courage or application. Our blokes struggled early in reply but managed to eek out 90 before the rain the rain came.
The funniest bit was how chirpy they were in the field. One guy had the gaul to get stuck into Franky Myers, to which he received the reply "I've already made more than your team did, champ.'':)

crktluva;377107 said:
hmmm, be interesting to see what kinda deck they roll up this week, let me know.

they love to not touch their decks in the second week of a match. i reckon the fact that they will be batting again might swing the curator into action..... maybe.

crktluva;377107 said:
hmmm, be interesting to see what kinda deck they roll up this week, let me know.

they love to not touch their decks in the second week of a match. i reckon the fact that they will be batting again might swing the curator into action..... maybe.

beaublazer;377108 said:

if they dont roll up a road theyre fools.

beaublazer;377108 said:

if they dont roll up a road theyre fools.

thommy_rissole;377439 said:
Few of the wickets around Geelong will be nice and juiced up after the weeks rain, good day to be in the field :D

Hmmm.....

thommy_rissole;377439 said:
Few of the wickets around Geelong will be nice and juiced up after the weeks rain, good day to be in the field :D

Hmmm.....

Hard Hitter;374451 said:
.....unlike Guild if there is any interuption due to weather we'll make sure every effort is made to get the game started asap. You won't find us with our thumb up our butts doing nothing just because we are chasing 300+.

Hard Hitter I hear you well and truly. Guild's covers blew off yet again last night and no real effort made to play today - Murghe to resume at 2/74 chasing 140. The umpire was keen to get play going if at all possible and had both sides hang around till well into the afternoon, but when the visiting side are putting on the covers when it starts to rain, that pretty much says it all.:(

Hard Hitter;374451 said:
.....unlike Guild if there is any interuption due to weather we'll make sure every effort is made to get the game started asap. You won't find us with our thumb up our butts doing nothing just because we are chasing 300+.

Hard Hitter I hear you well and truly. Guild's covers blew off yet again last night and no real effort made to play today - Murghe to resume at 2/74 chasing 140. The umpire was keen to get play going if at all possible and had both sides hang around till well into the afternoon, but when the visiting side are putting on the covers when it starts to rain, that pretty much says it all.:(

Look here;377574 said:
Eat concrete

Look here;377574 said:
Eat concrete

if this is the way guild are going to conduct themselves in adverse weather conditions then the GCA must confront them. its up to umpires and captains to report them. if you were visiting side umpire should have forced them to put covers on not you.:confused:

if this is the way guild are going to conduct themselves in adverse weather conditions then the GCA must confront them. its up to umpires and captains to report them. if you were visiting side umpire should have forced them to put covers on not you.:confused:

beaublazer;377108 said:

It didn't. Not only did the covers miraculously grow wings and fly away, there was no evidence of any work to the point where you couldn't tell which one was the match wicket. An absolutely disgraceful effort from Bell Park. Their seconds were also a bunch of tools. Memo to rubbish teams - the fact that you're going to lose does not give you any rights to lead your team off the field for "bad light" or try and walk off the ground when scores are level because there's a slight sprinkling of rain. Boys celebrated long and hard after we got the runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back