Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

beaublazer;377108 said:
they love to not touch their decks in the second week of a match. i reckon the fact that they will be batting again might swing the curator into action..... maybe.

It didn't. Not only did the covers miraculously grow wings and fly away, there was no evidence of any work to the point where you couldn't tell which one was the match wicket. An absolutely disgraceful effort from Bell Park. Their seconds were also a bunch of tools. Memo to rubbish teams - the fact that you're going to lose does not give you any rights to lead your team off the field for "bad light" or try and walk off the ground when scores are level because there's a slight sprinkling of rain. Boys celebrated long and hard after we got the runs

Waurn Ponds forever;377771 said:
It didn't. Not only did the covers miraculously grow wings and fly away, there was no evidence of any work to the point where you couldn't tell which one was the match wicket. An absolutely disgraceful effort from Bell Park. Their seconds were also a bunch of tools. Memo to rubbish teams - the fact that you're going to lose does not give you any rights to lead your team off the field for "bad light" or try and walk off the ground when scores are level because there's a slight sprinkling of rain. Boys celebrated long and hard after we got the runs

It has rained pretty heavily since Wednesday. In terms of covers "flying away", it didn't just happen at Bell Park. Geelong CC had the 1st day of there game against MUCC rained off as the covers blew away. I believe the same happened at Thomson, and many other games were washed out totally.

Waurn Ponds forever;377771 said:

It has rained pretty heavily since Wednesday. In terms of covers "flying away", it didn't just happen at Bell Park. Geelong CC had the 1st day of there game against MUCC rained off as the covers blew away. I believe the same happened at Thomson, and many other games were washed out totally.

AB1;377782 said:

First week of our St Peters game I think our covers were taken off overnight by some local artists as our club rooms were also heavily graffiti'd, the second week legitimately they blew off in Friday nights thunderstorm. The irony here is that Waurn Ponds are complaining about away teams not preparing wickets for the second week :eek:

AB1;377782 said:

First week of our St Peters game I think our covers were taken off overnight by some local artists as our club rooms were also heavily graffiti'd, the second week legitimately they blew off in Friday nights thunderstorm. The irony here is that Waurn Ponds are complaining about away teams not preparing wickets for the second week :eek:

covers do fly away and water gets under with extreme weather. but most turf cricketers can tell when espionage is involved, if ya cant tell the match deck from the rest thats crap. unfortunately its very hard for GCA officials to prove anything sinister has taken place in most cases. we all know it has, but cant prove it. i screamed for years for GCA to appoint more power to the grounds committe, when cheating has occured and its blatantly obvious, they should be able to penalise via points, i think all clubs would agree and abide by it if it was enforced.

covers do fly away and water gets under with extreme weather. but most turf cricketers can tell when espionage is involved, if ya cant tell the match deck from the rest thats crap. unfortunately its very hard for GCA officials to prove anything sinister has taken place in most cases. we all know it has, but cant prove it. i screamed for years for GCA to appoint more power to the grounds committe, when cheating has occured and its blatantly obvious, they should be able to penalise via points, i think all clubs would agree and abide by it if it was enforced.

thommy_rissole;377793 said:

You have got to be kidding, Ris. I heard you called the game off on Saturday and then got overruled. The poor St Peters lads didn't know what hit tem. Did hear there are some kids causing havoc down your way. It happens but the lover is spot on. You can tell when nothing's been done in the lead up to them blowing off. Was also interesting to note that only six players rocked up and one fielded in the twos. Apparently

thommy_rissole;377793 said:

You have got to be kidding, Ris. I heard you called the game off on Saturday and then got overruled. The poor St Peters lads didn't know what hit tem. Did hear there are some kids causing havoc down your way. It happens but the lover is spot on. You can tell when nothing's been done in the lead up to them blowing off. Was also interesting to note that only six players rocked up and one fielded in the twos. Apparently

Waurn Ponds forever;378177 said:

Not one to kid around, still remember the deck you served up for us 2 seasons ago quite well.
Yeah Saturday was a debacle, all got sorted eventually thanks to a very understanding Illingworth/umpire.
There are little punks everywhere near Thomson, our changerooms/clubrooms seem to be getting graffitti'd every week. It is a pain in the arse.
Agreed there was plenty of rain around but it is disgraceful that some clubs just don't even try early in the week - especially when they are behind after day 1 or bowling 2nd week. Also agree with crktluva that the umpires should have more control in regards to covers etc.

Waurn Ponds forever;378177 said:

Not one to kid around, still remember the deck you served up for us 2 seasons ago quite well.
Yeah Saturday was a debacle, all got sorted eventually thanks to a very understanding Illingworth/umpire.
There are little punks everywhere near Thomson, our changerooms/clubrooms seem to be getting graffitti'd every week. It is a pain in the arse.
Agreed there was plenty of rain around but it is disgraceful that some clubs just don't even try early in the week - especially when they are behind after day 1 or bowling 2nd week. Also agree with crktluva that the umpires should have more control in regards to covers etc.

Best cricketer in the three divisions right now:

Div 1: Gareth Yelland

Div 2: Lucas Benci

Div 3: Jason Murray

Discussion...

Discussion...

Renny24;379541 said:

Discussion...

Fanning for mine in Division 1, the other two I would agree on. Thompson from Torquay a close 2nd.

Renny24;379541 said:

Discussion...

Fanning for mine in Division 1, the other two I would agree on. Thompson from Torquay a close 2nd.

thommy_rissole;379552 said:

Thanks Sean.......

thommy_rissole;379552 said:

Thanks Sean.......

Renny24;379541 said:

Discussion...

No to Gareth for Div 1. He is certainly one of the top 2-3 all rounders. From South Barwon games, Yates from Lara is up there also. Have not played Joey's yet but Fanning's stats are amazing. Just based on batting DK would also be up their.

Renny24;379541 said:

Discussion...

No to Gareth for Div 1. He is certainly one of the top 2-3 all rounders. From South Barwon games, Yates from Lara is up there also. Have not played Joey's yet but Fanning's stats are amazing. Just based on batting DK would also be up their.

cheer_cheer;379571 said:

I'm assuming when you say top 2-3, you have someone pencilled in for no. 1?

Thommo would take some beating in any div. Not many guys going round have played 10 years district 1's and Vic 2's, but maybe i'm just biased......

cheer_cheer;379571 said:

I'm assuming when you say top 2-3, you have someone pencilled in for no. 1?

Thommo would take some beating in any div. Not many guys going round have played 10 years district 1's and Vic 2's, but maybe i'm just biased......

cheer_cheer;379571 said:

Yates still haven;t seen bat, but weight of runs proves a point. Hauenstein, continually taking wickets and making runs (Brad Hauenstein lol), Fergusson, hasn't done much this year, but is probably still the best bat in the comp, proven by his captaincy of Vic Country last year, Talarico continually performing, and I reckon Peterson from Grovey is a real good bat.

cheer_cheer;379571 said:

Yates still haven;t seen bat, but weight of runs proves a point. Hauenstein, continually taking wickets and making runs (Brad Hauenstein lol), Fergusson, hasn't done much this year, but is probably still the best bat in the comp, proven by his captaincy of Vic Country last year, Talarico continually performing, and I reckon Peterson from Grovey is a real good bat.

ants14;379596 said:

Was Fergy captain of the Vic Country last year ?? I thought Hornet was, well he was. Fergie was selected for the Australian Country Team and got that great photo with the massive hat in the Addy !!

All-rounders, GT would probably be #1 at the moment. Hornet, Yelland and Yates all up there too. A lot of good allrounders at the moment in Div 1.

ants14;379596 said:

Was Fergy captain of the Vic Country last year ?? I thought Hornet was, well he was. Fergie was selected for the Australian Country Team and got that great photo with the massive hat in the Addy !!

All-rounders, GT would probably be #1 at the moment. Hornet, Yelland and Yates all up there too. A lot of good allrounders at the moment in Div 1.

Whilst discussing all rounders I would have thought Travis Faulkhead should be in the discussion. His batting would be of a higher standard than Yates' bowling so I'd think he should be thrown in there.

When talking about best players in the comp I'd think Brad Scown deserves a mention. I haven't played a lot of cricket against him but his stats this season have been brutal and gone a long way to North winning a few games already.

Whilst discussing all rounders I would have thought Travis Faulkhead should be in the discussion. His batting would be of a higher standard than Yates' bowling so I'd think he should be thrown in there.

When talking about best players in the comp I'd think Brad Scown deserves a mention. I haven't played a lot of cricket against him but his stats this season have been brutal and gone a long way to North winning a few games already.

my bad i meant, he was australian country captain. scowny has been massive for us this year, really taken the next step i think with his bowling over the last two years

my bad i meant, he was australian country captain. scowny has been massive for us this year, really taken the next step i think with his bowling over the last two years

fergy great cricketer, definitely not best bat, few in front of him. Tala prob still best bat. ya could argue about all of em forever, but good to see div 1 becoming strong again. hopefully it makes div 2 get stronger also, coz there is still some ordinary cricket being played in div 2.

fergy great cricketer, definitely not best bat, few in front of him. Tala prob still best bat. ya could argue about all of em forever, but good to see div 1 becoming strong again. hopefully it makes div 2 get stronger also, coz there is still some ordinary cricket being played in div 2.

thomy v highton game was a 1 sided affair with the thomy boys posting an impressive 350 or so with smelly hitting 174 in a powerful display, 20x4's and 7x6's, hicks with 60 and bentley 70. L.cameron was the pick of the bowlers for the heat with 5 for 57, which is pretty good figures considering the score:)

thomy v highton game was a 1 sided affair with the thomy boys posting an impressive 350 or so with smelly hitting 174 in a powerful display, 20x4's and 7x6's, hicks with 60 and bentley 70. L.cameron was the pick of the bowlers for the heat with 5 for 57, which is pretty good figures considering the score:)

No covers on at Marshall. Pitch is a lake. Looks like another Saturday of sinkin cans watchin the twos. Not a bad way to spend the day.
How many games do you reckon a ball will be bowled in this weekend, lads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back