Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

he is a bit different, but a pretty good bloke once ya know him, he can bat pretty well, has made pleny of runs everywhere just gets himself into trouble. but he did belt jammo from highton a ripper, and a lot of people like him for that.

crktluva;386570 said:
he is a bit different, but a pretty good bloke once ya know him, he can bat pretty well, has made pleny of runs everywhere just gets himself into trouble. but he did belt jammo from highton a ripper, and a lot of people like him for that.

Seen him throw a table through a canteen window at another player once when somebody mentioned his daughter!!!

crktluva;386570 said:

Seen him throw a table through a canteen window at another player once when somebody mentioned his daughter!!!

crktluva;386570 said:

I thought it was one of the O'Toole's who fixed up Jammo, after a GCA presentation night at Buckleys one year. Unless Jammo has been decked more than once.....

Roachy started his illustrious Geelong cricket career at Bell Park in 89/90 so with at least 8 clubs in the Barwon region, he'd have to be close to Geelong's biggest cricket whore in the last 2 decades. Plus a few in Melbourne, and who knows where during his GCA-enforced holiday after the GF some years back. But he could bat. Wonder what his asking price is these days seeing he must be in (or very close to) his 40's now.

crktluva;386570 said:

I thought it was one of the O'Toole's who fixed up Jammo, after a GCA presentation night at Buckleys one year. Unless Jammo has been decked more than once.....

Roachy started his illustrious Geelong cricket career at Bell Park in 89/90 so with at least 8 clubs in the Barwon region, he'd have to be close to Geelong's biggest cricket whore in the last 2 decades. Plus a few in Melbourne, and who knows where during his GCA-enforced holiday after the GF some years back. But he could bat. Wonder what his asking price is these days seeing he must be in (or very close to) his 40's now.

Renny24;385981 said:
Country Week side's first game this season is in Geelong on the Monday. Be good to see a few there. And whilst we're at it....well done Riss on getting your first senior rep call-up. Good reward.

i wouldnt mind seeing young riss throw down a few leggies during the week, he can surprise a lot of players with the 1 that bounces

Renny24;385981 said:
Country Week side's first game this season is in Geelong on the Monday. Be good to see a few there. And whilst we're at it....well done Riss on getting your first senior rep call-up. Good reward.

i wouldnt mind seeing young riss throw down a few leggies during the week, he can surprise a lot of players with the 1 that bounces

Look here;386694 said:

Stewards enquiry from the VTCA.....

Look here;386694 said:

Stewards enquiry from the VTCA.....

Roach has played a few seasons down in the VTCA in Melb for various clubs over the past few years (Druids, St.Albans, Tulla). Went to Moonee Valley this year and told them at Christmas that he was going to retire only to commence playing with Lara after the New Year. Moonee Valley now checking out if he needed to be cleared back to Lara as no clearance was submitted. I think MV are pretty peeved off to say the least.

Roach has played a few seasons down in the VTCA in Melb for various clubs over the past few years (Druids, St.Albans, Tulla). Went to Moonee Valley this year and told them at Christmas that he was going to retire only to commence playing with Lara after the New Year. Moonee Valley now checking out if he needed to be cleared back to Lara as no clearance was submitted. I think MV are pretty peeved off to say the least.

Sadly for Moonee Valley, he would not need a clearance to go to Lara. Locally, clearances are only required from other clubs within the Barwon Region, which now is just GCA, BPCA and Colac. If he was under suspension, that's another story.....

Sadly for Moonee Valley, he would not need a clearance to go to Lara. Locally, clearances are only required from other clubs within the Barwon Region, which now is just GCA, BPCA and Colac. If he was under suspension, that's another story.....

Look here;386694 said:

Yes he has, i think roachy, j.murray and bryan thomas have all had a dip. the risks associated with writing a column in the addy whilst still playing in the league are quite severe when ya piss the wrong people off.

Look here;386694 said:

Yes he has, i think roachy, j.murray and bryan thomas have all had a dip. the risks associated with writing a column in the addy whilst still playing in the league are quite severe when ya piss the wrong people off.

crktluva;386958 said:
Look here;386694 said:

cmon crktluva haha nah i didnt hit jammo .... j boljkvac is ur man the g.c.a looked into it and gave me the all clear.

crktluva;386958 said:
Look here;386694 said:

cmon crktluva haha nah i didnt hit jammo .... j boljkvac is ur man the g.c.a looked into it and gave me the all clear.

Look here;386694 said:

roachy approached stalbansbreakwater but was knocked back by the club at christmas.. he is a very good coach and he might b a cricket whore, but it is always money well spent.

Look here;386694 said:

roachy approached stalbansbreakwater but was knocked back by the club at christmas.. he is a very good coach and he might b a cricket whore, but it is always money well spent.

know all;386978 said:

sorry know all but run into roachy at the t.a.b today and ask him about the stalbans thing he told me he works with the pres of stalbans and that he approached him after roachy said he would play in geelong after xmas at bell post hill because his good mates with wattsy and a few others ore lara because thats where he coachers his young fella in the u/13 ore u/15 and closed to home he lives in lara and just built a new house there. he said he told lara he can only train one night a week and is happy to play seconds and help the young kids but lara have put him in the ones konwing roachy he will want to stay in the ones he thinks his still got some good batting left in him ever if his is 41 ore 42 i think.what hope do u think b.p.h have got of getting the 300 vs west i think sells and wattsy have to get big scores and the gun from ballarat.and about the jammo thing that was the flying headbutt a long time ago i was not far from roachy when he didnt that and we were all very drank but jammo was mouthing of as always that night.i think roachy has soften up in his old age and he still dies his hair the old prick.i hope he dosent find out who i am ore reads this.whats the top 6 cum seasons end has any one got any thoughts

know all;386978 said:

sorry know all but run into roachy at the t.a.b today and ask him about the stalbans thing he told me he works with the pres of stalbans and that he approached him after roachy said he would play in geelong after xmas at bell post hill because his good mates with wattsy and a few others ore lara because thats where he coachers his young fella in the u/13 ore u/15 and closed to home he lives in lara and just built a new house there. he said he told lara he can only train one night a week and is happy to play seconds and help the young kids but lara have put him in the ones konwing roachy he will want to stay in the ones he thinks his still got some good batting left in him ever if his is 41 ore 42 i think.what hope do u think b.p.h have got of getting the 300 vs west i think sells and wattsy have to get big scores and the gun from ballarat.and about the jammo thing that was the flying headbutt a long time ago i was not far from roachy when he didnt that and we were all very drank but jammo was mouthing of as always that night.i think roachy has soften up in his old age and he still dies his hair the old prick.i hope he dosent find out who i am ore reads this.whats the top 6 cum seasons end has any one got any thoughts

donbradman;387126 said:

hey don bradman.... r u sure u r not roachy himself? i was with roachy that night so private message me and tell me who ur . i know 100percent he asked for a dollar figure and our coach didnt want him. i would have him in my team anyday. why have u shown so much interest in him? u have been asking whether it is roachy playing at lara and then u just happen to see him at the t.a.b bit suss.. ill b waiting to get ur private message! if i dont i suppose i am correct in thinking u r mr roach himself.

donbradman;387126 said:

hey don bradman.... r u sure u r not roachy himself? i was with roachy that night so private message me and tell me who ur . i know 100percent he asked for a dollar figure and our coach didnt want him. i would have him in my team anyday. why have u shown so much interest in him? u have been asking whether it is roachy playing at lara and then u just happen to see him at the t.a.b bit suss.. ill b waiting to get ur private message! if i dont i suppose i am correct in thinking u r mr roach himself.

know all;387232 said:

sorry know all not roachy but did play in a flag with him many years ago and i am telling u what he told me u sound like u are from stalbans you no more than me it sounds like.my interest is i thought he was still in melb playing and when i seen d.roach in the paper i want to no if it was him not that i have to explain myself to your good self know all.

know all;387232 said:

sorry know all not roachy but did play in a flag with him many years ago and i am telling u what he told me u sound like u are from stalbans you no more than me it sounds like.my interest is i thought he was still in melb playing and when i seen d.roach in the paper i want to no if it was him not that i have to explain myself to your good self know all.

donbradman;387263 said:

you dont need to explain yourself to me mate, i was just pointing out the truth , i dont come on here and post shit that ain't true. what club did u play in flag with him?

donbradman;387263 said:

you dont need to explain yourself to me mate, i was just pointing out the truth , i dont come on here and post shit that ain't true. what club did u play in flag with him?

workinprogress;387264 said:
Having an impressive season Nudge, been raising a few eyebrows with some quality work.

have played nudge for many years and not just a good player but a great bloke to have a beer with and a funny man on and of the ground good on him

workinprogress;387264 said:
Having an impressive season Nudge, been raising a few eyebrows with some quality work.

have played nudge for many years and not just a good player but a great bloke to have a beer with and a funny man on and of the ground good on him

know all;386977 said:
crktluva;386958 said:

i thought you got in on the action as well that night, but i stand corrected. roachy is a good asset to any club, good cricket brain and has proven it nearly everywhere he has played, just has a snap now and then, but still a good bloke in general.

know all;386977 said:
crktluva;386958 said:

i thought you got in on the action as well that night, but i stand corrected. roachy is a good asset to any club, good cricket brain and has proven it nearly everywhere he has played, just has a snap now and then, but still a good bloke in general.

4 or 5 outrights this week again in div 3 1sts, thats 15 so far this season according to the ladder, wtf!!!! Cant be good for any of those clubs or players. dont like seeing any teams get smashed consistently, it just drives kids away from the sport.

4 or 5 outrights this week again in div 3 1sts, thats 15 so far this season according to the ladder, wtf!!!! Cant be good for any of those clubs or players. dont like seeing any teams get smashed consistently, it just drives kids away from the sport.

crktluva;387541 said:

Couple in Div 2 as well including St Peters reverse outright against North Shore.

crktluva;387541 said:

Couple in Div 2 as well including St Peters reverse outright against North Shore.

crktluva;387537 said:
know all;386977 said:

hey mate i might have got in the action. 2 this day i still dont know , i was very pissed and the the g.c.a told me they had reports i hit him and other reports that i didnt so they let me off. roachy is a great bloke i would love to have him at our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back