Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

crktluva;387537 said:
know all;386977 said:
i thought you got in on the action as well that night, but i stand corrected. roachy is a good asset to any club, good cricket brain and has proven it nearly everywhere he has played, just has a snap now and then, but still a good bloke in general.

hey mate i might have got in the action. 2 this day i still dont know , i was very pissed and the the g.c.a told me they had reports i hit him and other reports that i didnt so they let me off. roachy is a great bloke i would love to have him at our club.

Renny24;387544 said:
Couple in Div 2 as well including St Peters reverse outright against North Shore.

nobody can beat thomson for flag, nobody has form other than them. st peters batting a disgrace in the last few games, but here not the only side abtting terrible.

Renny24;387544 said:
Couple in Div 2 as well including St Peters reverse outright against North Shore.

nobody can beat thomson for flag, nobody has form other than them. st peters batting a disgrace in the last few games, but here not the only side abtting terrible.

Renny24;387544 said:
Couple of outrights in Div 2 as well including St Peters reverse outright against North Shore.

The interesting one in GCA2 was Guild over Torquay. Even at Xmas Guild were tipped to not make it but keep winning and now have a finals berth stiched up. Torquay on the other hand looked the goods until Xmas but haven't won since. Yes Thomson's odds keep shortening all the time, but you never know. Someone could still have a golden run thru the finals like North Shore did last season.

Renny24;387544 said:
Couple of outrights in Div 2 as well including St Peters reverse outright against North Shore.

The interesting one in GCA2 was Guild over Torquay. Even at Xmas Guild were tipped to not make it but keep winning and now have a finals berth stiched up. Torquay on the other hand looked the goods until Xmas but haven't won since. Yes Thomson's odds keep shortening all the time, but you never know. Someone could still have a golden run thru the finals like North Shore did last season.

look here;387636 said:
the interesting one in gca2 was guild over torquay. Even at xmas guild were tipped to not make it but keep winning and now have a finals berth stiched up. Torquay on the other hand looked the goods until xmas but haven't won since. Yes thomson's odds keep shortening all the time, but you never know. someone could still have a golden run thru the finals like north shore did last season.

dislike :(

look here;387636 said:
the interesting one in gca2 was guild over torquay. Even at xmas guild were tipped to not make it but keep winning and now have a finals berth stiched up. Torquay on the other hand looked the goods until xmas but haven't won since. Yes thomson's odds keep shortening all the time, but you never know. someone could still have a golden run thru the finals like north shore did last season.

dislike :(

i wouldnt be too worried dazza, very rarely is consistency beaten in sport. you guys are the only team in the comp with any.

i wouldnt be too worried dazza, very rarely is consistency beaten in sport. you guys are the only team in the comp with any.

crktluva;387571 said:

St Peters haven't lost since Round 2. Nine games without a defeat, that's not bad form crktluva. If their batting has been a disgrace, it's fair then to say that their opponents have been worse.

crktluva;387571 said:

St Peters haven't lost since Round 2. Nine games without a defeat, that's not bad form crktluva. If their batting has been a disgrace, it's fair then to say that their opponents have been worse.

Renny24;388144 said:

how are the wickets looking around town boys for tomorrow in 1st and 2nd divs

Renny24;388144 said:

Renny24;388144 said:

arrr, yep, thats exactly what i said.

Renny24;388144 said:

arrr, yep, thats exactly what i said.

donbradman;388176 said:

Sths is looking okay and Geelong Wests was not too bad considering the rain we had on Thursday. Will be a few sticky's around for sure, depending on the covers each club has !!

donbradman;388176 said:

Sths is looking okay and Geelong Wests was not too bad considering the rain we had on Thursday. Will be a few sticky's around for sure, depending on the covers each club has !!

Renny24;388144 said:

Renny, is it the wickets prepared in Div 2 which makes the low scores, or the bats are just not patient enough, or the bowlers are just better than the bats overall ?

Renny24;388144 said:

Renny, is it the wickets prepared in Div 2 which makes the low scores, or the bats are just not patient enough, or the bowlers are just better than the bats overall ?

cheer_cheer;388185 said:

bowlers are better than bats, and the bats are not patient enough at the top of order. should be setting themselves so that their teams can bat all day and make it easier for mid to low order to score later in the day.

cheer_cheer;388185 said:

bowlers are better than bats, and the bats are not patient enough at the top of order. should be setting themselves so that their teams can bat all day and make it easier for mid to low order to score later in the day.

cheer_cheer;388185 said:

All of the above.

cheer_cheer;388185 said:

All of the above.

cheer_cheer;388185 said:

Generally it is the lack of patience from many teams' top orders. There have been some very good bowling performances this year in Div 2 and there has become a lot of bowlers who though not quick, bowl at a nagging length for most of the day. I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with the wickets. Save for a couple of the elite wickets in Div 1, most of the Div 2 wickets are on a par with Div 1. Thomson continually produce belters, Torquay's has been great and so too AT's. I have watched the last three games at St Peters and I think that maybe 140 has been the top score in the completed innings. The decks have been very good as AB1 will attest to; just batsmen getting themselves out. Torquay were 4/90 or something chasing 120 and lost 6 for not much to lose. Wickets not going to be playing dodgy right at the end of the day. The side's that knuckle down and bat tough and disciplined in the first hour are the ones that make good scores. There are no genuine quick bowlers in Div 2, batsmen generally get themselves out.

cheer_cheer;388185 said:

Generally it is the lack of patience from many teams' top orders. There have been some very good bowling performances this year in Div 2 and there has become a lot of bowlers who though not quick, bowl at a nagging length for most of the day. I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with the wickets. Save for a couple of the elite wickets in Div 1, most of the Div 2 wickets are on a par with Div 1. Thomson continually produce belters, Torquay's has been great and so too AT's. I have watched the last three games at St Peters and I think that maybe 140 has been the top score in the completed innings. The decks have been very good as AB1 will attest to; just batsmen getting themselves out. Torquay were 4/90 or something chasing 120 and lost 6 for not much to lose. Wickets not going to be playing dodgy right at the end of the day. The side's that knuckle down and bat tough and disciplined in the first hour are the ones that make good scores. There are no genuine quick bowlers in Div 2, batsmen generally get themselves out.

I agree with most of what you say Renny, in regards to batsmen , but would say that pitches in Div 2, IMO, are far inferior to the Div 1 ones i have played on, with a couple of exceptions, Torquay and AT this year being the exception. It's not that they are bad or dangerous in Div 2, just inferior in pace, bounce and what i would call 'trueness'. South Barwon T20 pitch in JATA was better than any pitch in Div 2, even Torquay!!!!

I agree with most of what you say Renny, in regards to batsmen , but would say that pitches in Div 2, IMO, are far inferior to the Div 1 ones i have played on, with a couple of exceptions, Torquay and AT this year being the exception. It's not that they are bad or dangerous in Div 2, just inferior in pace, bounce and what i would call 'trueness'. South Barwon T20 pitch in JATA was better than any pitch in Div 2, even Torquay!!!!

Who do ya think will go down to div 3 next season, surely st albans have to go up, they have no lost a game in any grade yet. guild or bell park is my tip.

Who do ya think will go down to div 3 next season, surely st albans have to go up, they have no lost a game in any grade yet. guild or bell park is my tip.

crktluva;388380 said:

Depends on whether the 3-year rolling-average applies to the movement between GCA2 and GCA3. When the GCA brought in the assessment system, there was no GCA3 so don't know if it applies or whether they will go by assessment points for just 2009/10 only.

If the latter, probably Bell Park would most likely go down, on the basis they are well off the pace in the GCA2 club championship, which is worth nearly half the assessment points. Mind you, when we were playing NDSC in the 1sts yesterday, a few of their blokes were talking about it and were a bit concerned they might be in the firing line. Would have thought they and Guild Saints would have Bell Park covered though.

As GCA management has more or less decreed GCA2 is to be all turf, surely SABCC are certs to go up? Doubt anyone else in GCA3 will complain.

crktluva;388380 said:

Depends on whether the 3-year rolling-average applies to the movement between GCA2 and GCA3. When the GCA brought in the assessment system, there was no GCA3 so don't know if it applies or whether they will go by assessment points for just 2009/10 only.

If the latter, probably Bell Park would most likely go down, on the basis they are well off the pace in the GCA2 club championship, which is worth nearly half the assessment points. Mind you, when we were playing NDSC in the 1sts yesterday, a few of their blokes were talking about it and were a bit concerned they might be in the firing line. Would have thought they and Guild Saints would have Bell Park covered though.

As GCA management has more or less decreed GCA2 is to be all turf, surely SABCC are certs to go up? Doubt anyone else in GCA3 will complain.

Look here;388444 said:

Dont think the 3 year rolling avg applys to div 2 and div3

Look here;388444 said:

whatdoumeanwashe;388724 said:

I am pretty sure that is correct, the rolling average only applies to Division One. So does that mean Newcomb could be in trouble ? Or have they done enough to keep up ?

whatdoumeanwashe;388724 said:

I am pretty sure that is correct, the rolling average only applies to Division One. So does that mean Newcomb could be in trouble ? Or have they done enough to keep up ?

cheer_cheer;388850 said:

They should be OK, just. I'd imagine they'll score at least the same in the off-field areas to Bell Park and do marginally better in the points derived from the club championship. Unless Bell Park can pull a few back in their games against Torquay and Marshall in the last 2 rounds. Just might mean there's a bit riding on the 1sts this Saturday when the Dragons resume on 4/46 (with Mick Brown yet to bat) chasing 109.

What about GCA1 relegation? I know it was a favourite (but factually incorrect) theme in the early days of this forum that City could never go down. So might they? Or Mano again? Or anyone else???

cheer_cheer;388850 said:

They should be OK, just. I'd imagine they'll score at least the same in the off-field areas to Bell Park and do marginally better in the points derived from the club championship. Unless Bell Park can pull a few back in their games against Torquay and Marshall in the last 2 rounds. Just might mean there's a bit riding on the 1sts this Saturday when the Dragons resume on 4/46 (with Mick Brown yet to bat) chasing 109.

What about GCA1 relegation? I know it was a favourite (but factually incorrect) theme in the early days of this forum that City could never go down. So might they? Or Mano again? Or anyone else???

Look here;388871 said:

can someone explain to me how the skipper of lara is suspended but can still play country week this week seen his name in the paper today.the g.c.a as always make there own rules to suit themselfs.mick hasnt made a run all year so bell park no hope this week his pass it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back