Group B - Bangladesh v India

Re: Group B - Bangladesh v India

188/5
4 more runs
looks like they're gonna win it by the singles

That it!!!
Bangladesh wins it. Here is the last call:

(48.3 overs) Sehwag to Rahim: FOUR. That's it! Goes through point and Bangladesh have won by 5 wickets!!!

Boy, that sure was slow at the end, but what an awesome win!!!!

The good news for Bangladesh is that since the Bermuda/Bangladesh match is the final one of the group, they'll know exactly how many runs they need to win by to advance to the Super Eights, assuming it comes down to NRR. So they'll control their own destiny heading into their last match.

Is NRR the first tiebreaker? Or is head to head first?

Wilbix;145323 said:
Is NRR the first tiebreaker? Or is head to head first?
If there's a tie in this group, it's going to be a 3-way tie (between Ban, SL, and Ind with 4 points each), not a 2-way tie, so head-to-head would be meaningless.

Great result for cricket - congratulations the Tigers. A great way to show the World they belong and to show that Associates can learn to win if they are given the chance. Vindication for the day Bangladesh were given that chance and a real shot in the arm for the next nations battling it out for that chance.

cleazer;145195 said:
It'll be interesting to see if Sehwag continues to be included in the team. His initial selection was already slightly controversial, and this won't help.

India are bunch of overpaid paper tigers who can't excel outside subcontinent. (As opposed to Bangladesh who were real tigers. No really, not just their performance, but they're the Bengal tigers.) Couple that with controversies like above, and team chemistry is expected to be poor.

I think there bunch of behind the scenes dirty politics going on about this Sehwag selection, which is enough to make most Indian fans' blood boil. Even the guy has no shame. If he had any dignity, he would have stepped aside for the sake of his country citing his poor form. All he cares about his payday, nothing about cricket or India. :mad:

marlyminks;145318 said:
That it!!!
Bangladesh wins it. Here is the last call:

(48.3 overs) Sehwag to Rahim: FOUR. That's it! Goes through point and Bangladesh have won by 5 wickets!!!

It was so appropriate that Sehwag was the one who got hit for the winning runs. Hopefully that is Sehwag's last participation for India at any level.

DirtyJerzey;145319 said:
Best. Win. Ever.

Completely agreed, and I say that as an India fan. I couldn't justify myself rooting for such a soulless, emotionless, overpaind India team in this match. It was a David vs. Goliath battle.

Or maybe should I say: It was a Dravid vs. Goliath battle?

:D

:(

Would have been very emotional few days for the Bangers with the loss of Manjural Islam and this was the perfect way to give a beautiful tribute to him. What a brilliant win by the Bangas, let's hope they can top it off by making the Super 8s so that India can get off their ass and do something with the amount of talent they have. So frustrating....

Absoulte amazing day of cricket, first the Irish and now the Bangladeshis get one up on their more fancied opponents. A brilliant day's cricket for all to watch and a great one for the underdogs.

Back