HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

We were the best club in the hdca by a country mile, now we have moved on for more of a challenge, get over it. The grand final was close but no one was ever going to trouble us.

Can't wait to play DV next season we may be in 2nd grade but it won't be for long.

Go the zannas

This has to be a joke smurf, Moneybank and Heidelberg beat you last season and the grand final came down to the last ball of the day I'm no brain surgeon and it's evident you aren't but if a game comes down to the last ball somebody is very much troubling you.

In order to be "the best club" one would think your home ground would be in good condition, and definately not have an A grade game called off and your whole clubs direction isn't based solely on the firsts.

"By a country mile"

i cannot wait to see how many teams you field in the DV next year and how many of your club "legends" will be willing to travel every 2nd week

A lot of grumpy people on here !
I think Rosanna will be seriously challenged in Money Shield next year given the standard of the competition. On a few notes - pretty sure that that 4 piece balls are being used in both Barclay and Money ( correct me if i'm wrong ). some of the grounds in that grade are fantastic ( Eltham heading the list ).Good luck to them for next year but if they think its going to be easy, theyve got another thing coming.

I think Rosanna will be seriously challenged in Money Shield next year given the standard of the competition. On a few notes - pretty sure that that 4 piece balls are being used in both Barclay and Money ( correct me if i'm wrong ). some of the grounds in that grade are fantastic ( Eltham heading the list ).Good luck to them for next year but if they think its going to be easy, theyve got another thing coming.

No we dont think its a matter of turning up and winning our way to A grade but if we keep the same players together then we will be right up there. We are in a much better position than Greensborough compared to when they left and they have been playing finals since there move to the valley.

Ok maybe we weren't the best by the a country mile, but you dont win 2 in a row if your no good. Dont know how the state of a clubs ground makes a difference in how good a club is.

Didnt realise everyone was so touchy on here. A lot of bagging the dv, interesting since ive heard we might not be the only club moving to the dv from the hdca.

i've watched both DVCA BARCLAY SHIELD cricket and HDCA A GRADE. I've played my Fair share of cricket too but I'll be honest mate your comp DVCA isn't as good as it's thought out to be. I'm Preety Sure ROSEBANK could walk into the TOP 4 in BARCLAY SHIELD and would probably WIN IT. HEIDELBERG well they'd be as good as DIAMOND CREEK who made the FINAL this season.

If they had Cristofoli and Capaldo in their side and in form, there would not be a club that would get anywhere
near moneybank! Don't forget the hole that teir spinner has left in that team! he could bat, bowl and gob off!!!!

I think a certain Brunswick street club might agree with you, their stumps are still rolling from when Critofoli bowled them out for 12!!LOL!! Still mentally fragile! I think they shiver if you say F I N A L S !!!! how many times does their coach wake in a cold sweat?? FAILED AGAIN! why did that spud player leave after being made life member? Say's alot about club culture! oh yeah he went to money shield for ten grand and he'll be playing against us this year, maybe he'll spill the beans!

And my I ask, why is everbody against us?? you all knew we were going, the brunswick street chokers are the ones that want nothing to do with you!! blame the for the screw up on them and add a hint of bergers and yules and you have your answers!

Att: sannab2b & papa smurf. best in the comp by a country mile? I doubt that very much. Heidelberg & Rosebank beat you guys convincingly'. In the GF weren't you guys 2 for 7 after 19 overs and if you didnt have a dodgy ump decision go your way, you guys would have been rolled. I have no problem with your club wanting to move to DVCA but if you think you will do it easy you are dreaming. You have a couple of good players and the rest just make up the numbers. If you took your No.3 bat out of that team, you would be lucky to make 100 runs. My suggestion is to open up the cheque book if you wanna do any good next year.

This has to be a joke smurf, Moneybank and Heidelberg beat you last season and the grand final came down to the last ball of the day I'm no brain surgeon and it's evident you aren't but if a game comes down to the last ball somebody is very much troubling you.

In order to be "the best club" one would think your home ground would be in good condition, and definately not have an A grade game called off and your whole clubs direction isn't based solely on the firsts.

"By a country mile"

i cannot wait to see how many teams you field in the DV next year and how many of your club "legends" will be willing to travel every 2nd week
Give us a spell, hardly troubled
Consider yourself kissed on the arse for winning the GF, umpire that made the biggest blunder of all year is known to do so & it is not the first time he has done it in your clubs favour ( turn back to decisions against Rosebank last season at ur ground)
Rosanna, Banyule & Heidelberg in particular should be sticking together considering the rivalry they have built up for so many years. Very disappointing to see their different views. Interesting to see what transpires over the coming weeks. Wherever these clubs head could see players leaving their own clubs as a result. Fancy leaving a Premier League to go to DVCA Money Shield!

Att: sannab2b & papa smurf. best in the comp by a country mile? I doubt that very much. Heidelberg & Rosebank beat you guys convincingly'. In the GF weren't you guys 2 for 7 after 19 overs and if you didnt have a dodgy ump decision go your way, you guys would have been rolled. I have no problem with your club wanting to move to DVCA but if you think you will do it easy you are dreaming. You have a couple of good players and the rest just make up the numbers. If you took your No.3 bat out of that team, you would be lucky to make 100 runs. My suggestion is to open up the cheque book if you wanna do any good next year.
who is their No.3 bat?

I just heard that the boys from Brunswick st are on the move to ECA. Apparently fatbolt & the big opening bowler that looks like tarzan & plays like Jane want to move on to greener pastures as they cannot break the HDCA premiership hoodoo. Lets face it they have never tasted the spoils of success. Running away to another comp wont change your defeatist culture.

The mail at my club is that we will chase Grindal, very impressed with his knock in the granny, our VP/son in law of club
great was watching and was very impressed. I think we are going to meet with him before easter but I'm not that high up
at the club to know all the details, I think 2.5 plus incentives to captain coach. he might get double in dvca ones, I hear he has had a lot of interest come his way.

i've watched both DVCA BARCLAY SHIELD cricket and HDCA A GRADE. I've played my Fair share of cricket too but I'll be honest mate your comp DVCA isn't as good as it's thought out to be. I'm Preety Sure ROSEBANK could walk into the TOP 4 in BARCLAY SHIELD and would probably WIN IT. HEIDELBERG well they'd be as good as DIAMOND CREEK who made the FINAL this season.
No offence but I would need some serious convincing
About rosebanks considered success in dvca Barclay
Given that camrae are battlers at best in that division. And Heidelberg as well - not sure if serious ??

I just heard that the boys from Brunswick st are on the move to ECA. Apparently fatbolt & the big opening bowler that looks like tarzan & plays like Jane want to move on to greener pastures as they cannot break the HDCA premiership hoodoo. Lets face it they have never tasted the spoils of success. Running away to another comp wont change your defeatist culture.
Good luck to them maybe been in the shadows of Banyule, Rosanna, Heidelberg and Rosebank even for all these years might have put them in good stead to get into a grand final in the ECA let alone win one.

The mail at my club is that we will chase Grindal, very impressed with his knock in the granny, our VP/son in law of club
great was watching and was very impressed. I think we are going to meet with him before easter but I'm not that high up
at the club to know all the details, I think 2.5 plus incentives to captain coach. he might get double in dvca ones, I hear he has had a lot of interest come his way.
surely after all these years it isn't the knock in the granny that made you impressed by Grindal. One of the best local cricketers to play, bat and ball; he won't leave Heidelberg, especially to a club that could potentially be playing against Heidelberg next season.

which club is yours jikaone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back