HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you should just stop before you make even a bigger fool of yourself. Not all the big Clubs spent a Truckload of cash. You don't need big money to be a successful club. These minnows you talk about have turned into minnows under their own fault. West Heidleberg and Bellfield used to be Powerhouses of the HDCA in the 90s until their club culture completely took over from the 2000s. These days money only gets outlayed to cricketers who deserve it. Who have worked hard all their career and have proven themselves. If you talk about Rosebank throwing cash at anyone you must be living in Fantasy Land. Unfortunately the state of some clubs they are unable to get a well qualified cricketer and be able to pay for it. The other thing is i will add i don't know about NMCA or JIKA but the minnow clubs do try and spent a little a bit of cash to seek for a cricketer in the HDCA but 1 player doesn't win you a game. The main point is you go and buy a cricketer for 20-30K but as seen with East Ivanhoe with Dulip Liyanage and other clubs like them they don't get you far. As you say Rosebank have plenty of Cash how come they haven't bought anyone of late seeing they haven't won a flag for 2 seasons. Why don't the great players they have jump ship and try and get a bigger pay cheque like Plumpton or Samps beacuse i'm sure clubs with money would offer them big coin to play as they are the best duo in the area. Doesn't matter what you say Rosebank haven't spent a penny on anyone since they've come over from JIKA they've had the same bunch of cricketers play for them since coming over. Yeah they might have had a few young guys but i'm telling you now they were on no pay cheque. Last i Heard they'll either be merging or back in your Comp so i want to see how much balls you'll have to tell them on the field when plumpton and sampimom are coming full bolt at ya. Your talking big now. I'd like to see how much you'd be talking in 6 months time when they'll be tearing your comp into shreds again with the same team they've had for the last 10 years.

i didnt bring up the cash, I replied to someone else who said it....
i dont know why they'd want to come back, they done nothing but bag us since they left.

Again its sad to see whats happening to the HDCA, where will the minnows end up?? maybe its better for them to join another comp where they can compete on an equal playing field.

Rosanna deciding to leave was clearly the straw that broke the camels back, why didnt they decide this 3 years ago before Rosebank joined??? and why now????

Ricky Arnold has rejected Rosanna's 15k offer to play with them next year citing that his time would be best suited with Edinburgh CC's female team
Ricky "Toothless" Arnold decided to hang them up after he lost his last tooth which was unfortunately on the cricket field. It was an unlucky incident as FLY got stuck in his tooth as he was facing up and as he went to dispose of the fly the whole tooth was ripped out of his mouth. West Heidelberg CC mourned the greast man's career including his love for the club. He played a total of 175 games and lost 15 teeth along the journey. TRUE WARRIOR. All i could do is pay my respects

rivergum no competition? and you didnt even finish on top...stupid statement.'

its my opinion, but the 'real clubs' are what park cricket is about....i think its extremely sad the HDCA with all its history is going down.....clubs spending truckloads of cash, make it too hard for the minnows to compete, thus reducing the numbers...

as for rosebank, in 3 years...wrecked the JIKA and the HDCA folded, you work it out

hey northmetroboy, just a quick one..can you explain to me how the boys from LE Cotchin Reserve caused the HDCA to fold?

A logical explanation would be preferable NM Boy. Not some ludicrous fable you created in order to make yourself feel better because your club isn't up to the standard to the likes of your Rosebank's, Rosanna's, Heidelberg's, Plenty's etc. I suppose it helps you sleep at night. #chinwobble

i didnt bring up the cash, I replied to someone else who said it....
i dont know why they'd want to come back, they done nothing but bag us since they left.

Again its sad to see whats happening to the HDCA, where will the minnows end up?? maybe its better for them to join another comp where they can compete on an equal playing field.

Rosanna deciding to leave was clearly the straw that broke the camels back, why didnt they decide this 3 years ago before Rosebank joined??? and why now????
Hey champ Rosanna didn't even make the finals 3 years ago. It would have made more sense for them to leave then to play 2nd grade cricket rather than now after winnning 2 flags.

hey northmetroboy, just a quick one..can you explain to me how the boys from LE Cotchin Reserve caused the HDCA to fold?
Exactly right, please, go ahead and inform this forum of how one of the best run clubs off the field, and one of the best clubs on the field caused the demise of the HDCA. If memory serves correctly moneybank recently played out in a semi final which was later described as the best game of local cricket HDCA legend Paul Duckworth has ever witnessed.
It must be their cow paddock of a ground they play on or the proffesional manner in which they go about their business on a Saturday that reinforces your opinion because honestly besides their lack of juniors they set th benchmark for most local sporting clubs, not just cricket

Exactly right, please, go ahead and inform this forum of how one of the best run clubs off the field, and one of the best clubs on the field caused the demise of the HDCA. If memory serves correctly moneybank recently played out in a semi final which was later described as the best game of local cricket HDCA legend Paul Duckworth has ever witnessed.
It must be their cow paddock of a ground they play on or the proffesional manner in which they go about their business on a Saturday that reinforces your opinion because honestly besides their lack of juniors they set th benchmark for most local sporting clubs, not just cricket
you couldn't have said any better. If you ask anyone accept Rosanna on Rosebank they'll say it was the best thing that ever happened to the HDCA.

#thingshavegotveryquietkeyboardsmustbeplayingup#

A logical explanation would be preferable NM Boy. Not some ludicrous fable you created in order to make yourself feel better because your club isn't up to the standard to the likes of your Rosebank's, Rosanna's, Heidelberg's, Plenty's etc. I suppose it helps you sleep at night. #chinwobble

wouldnt be so sure of that, wobble

ok my opinion differs to yours, please enlighten me, what caused the demise of the HDCA?? if it wasnt that FACT that 50% clubs had no hope of a level playing field...what did?

they played in a 'great game' and have a good ground, whats your point??
Ricky "Toothless" Arnold decided to hang them up after he lost his last tooth which was unfortunately on the cricket field. It was an unlucky incident as FLY got stuck in his tooth as he was facing up and as he went to dispose of the fly the whole tooth was ripped out of his mouth. West Heidelberg CC mourned the greast man's career including his love for the club. He played a total of 175 games and lost 15 teeth along the journey. TRUE WARRIOR. All i could do is pay my respects

and djyallah, this sums up your intellect...not bothering with you

North Metro Boy whoever you are face the big Picture Rosebank are a Great Club they've probably won more flags in A grade in the last 15 years than your whole senior club has. Not sure why your on their back for. Yeah alright they pay a couple of players but most clubs these days pay a player or 2 at their club. So get used to it. If you don't like it do something about it instead of blabbing off here.

what is so injust about Rosebank and the rest of the competiton? why isn't it a level playing field? you're yet to explain your point of view so you can't go and question yallah on his interlect when he is able to give us his ratio decidendi, even if his contention is completely absurd. I quite positive the Rosebank boys don't pay anyone, and if they did it would only be Dave and it wouldn't be as much as he could be getting elsewhere. They're all good mates, who train hard, play hard and play fairly. And I am so sure about that, and you would just be a naive little north metro boy if you didn't agree.

judging by the snake in northmetroboys display picture i'm thinking he may be a member of the camrea taipans.
if this little hunch is correct it explains why he is so bitter towards rosebank, they've been on the end of a few shallackings at the hands of the plumps and co

judging by the snake in northmetroboys display picture i'm thinking he may be a member of the camrea taipans.
if this little hunch is correct it explains why he is so bitter towards rosebank, they've been on the end of a few shallackings at the hands of the plumps and co

um not on your life!@@

call it bitterness if you like, i just saw 1st hand what they and camrea did to our comp. but thats not for this forum.

lets hope the HDCA can survive, does anyone really know where it stands at the moment??
where do people think the clubs will go??

Edinburgh to ECA and Rosanna to DVCA

Can it survive without these two??

Rumuors of Banyule and Heidelberg to DVCA?? anything else?

yeah i heard the west ivanhoe roosters are going to play nmca a grade and will be led by daniel sulpizi, dominic sulpizi and cameron taylor. should be much to good for anyone in that part of town. north heidelberg not playing cricket next season and will instead be playing badminton.

um not on your life!@@

call it bitterness if you like, i just saw 1st hand what they and camrea did to our comp. but thats not for this forum.

lets hope the HDCA can survive, does anyone really know where it stands at the moment??
where do people think the clubs will go??

Edinburgh to ECA and Rosanna to DVCA

Can it survive without these two??

Rumuors of Banyule and Heidelberg to DVCA?? anything else?
Hdca has folded, it ceased operation last week. Currently Heidelberg, Banyule and Moneybank are without a comp. Not sure if Viewbank CC still exsist, or East Ivahoe for that matter and judging by the above rumours that Ricky Arnold has taken up the fielding coach position at Edinburghs female team and Aiden Young is at Banyule it is safe to assume West Heidelberg will not be around next year.

Banyule want to play Eastern and follow Edinburgh and i'm not sure about Heidelbergs positon

yeah i heard the west ivanhoe roosters are going to play nmca a grade and will be led by daniel sulpizi, dominic sulpizi and cameron taylor. should be much to good for anyone in that part of town. north heidelberg not playing cricket next season and will instead be playing badminton.
i've also heard roumors that the Bellfield Bus Cleaners are getting a free route into NMCA A grade afetr their stellar season big Taylor Workman could be in for a big year on the otherside of Plenty Rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back