HDCA Cricket Chat 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that East Ivanhoe CC are to join the Eastern Cricket Association next season; What does this mean for the new Premier League?
The NECA are celebrating they wanted East Ivanhoe out of the comp as they were a waste of space in division 3 or whereever they had fitted themselves in the Premier League setup.

The NECA are celebrating they wanted East Ivanhoe out of the comp as they were a waste of space in division 3 or whereever they had fitted themselves in the Premier League setup.

Yep, the NECA would be thrilled to lose all the subs that the juniors from East Ivanhoe generate, as well as Chelsworth Park...

Yep, the NECA would be thrilled to lose all the subs that the juniors from East Ivanhoe generate, as well as Chelsworth Park...
I'm not sure how many juniors would have actually committed to play in this comp hence probably why they went to ECA. Edinburgh looked to have gone the same way. Good for them i'm sure these 2 teams will create a great rivalry together in ECA 3rd grade cricket as their top 2 grades are on turf.
Good Luck for the future if this is the case

I'm not sure how many juniors would have actually committed to play in this comp hence probably why they went to ECA. Edinburgh looked to have gone the same way. Good for them i'm sure these 2 teams will create a great rivalry together in ECA 3rd grade cricket as their top 2 grades are on turf.
Good Luck for the future if this is the case

Do you know anything about the ECA, DJ?

It has two separate competitions; one is run on turf (with Dunstan Shield being the top grade) and the other is run on synthetic (Macgibbon Shield being the top grade). There is no cross over of teams between turf and synthetic, which therefore means East Ivanhoe and Edinburgh wouldn't be playing against anything but the first grade teams of their rivals.

First grade teams HHHaaaaaaaa!!!! Big bad brannigan to try and win a flag in a third grade comp!
It really is laughable how you justify this crap! wake up, or are you still in the dream??

First grade teams HHHaaaaaaaa!!!! Big bad brannigan to try and win a flag in a third grade comp!
It really is laughable how you justify this crap! wake up, or are you still in the dream??

I'm not trying to justify anything, just pointing out an error than DJ Yallah made in his most recent post regarding the structure of the ECA competition.

The fact is that Edinburgh and East Ivanhoe will be playing in an A Grade synthetic competition next season; what will Rosanna be playing in?

If the above is true and East and Edinburgh is true then how pathetic is this situation. Enough has been said about Rosanna leaving and for once they are not a topic of conversation.

There was an oppourtunity to form a powerful competition with the best of the best from Jika and HDCA and to ensure the lowly ranked teams play against the other lowly ranked teams. The new comp would have finally fixed the soloution of teams firsts playing against teams 2nds or 3rds (NH, Bellfield etc.) and meant that there could be some equality with the fixtures from the top to the bottom grades to ensure that every week teams are competitive and there aren't as many blow outs.

Instead now we are back where we were a month ago, every club for themselves. From what i can gather East Ivanhoe seem to have cracked it becuse in the new comp's structure they were placed in second division (where they deserve to be) and Edinburgh probably have just figured the only way they will win an a grade flag will be to get as far away from banyule, rosanna, heidelberg, rosebank. Weak as piss

I'm not trying to justify anything, just pointing out an error than DJ Yallah made in his most recent post regarding the structure of the ECA competition.

The fact is that Edinburgh and East Ivanhoe will be playing in an A Grade synthetic competition next season; what will Rosanna be playing in?
Isn't it true the small clubs that can't afford to maintain Turf grounds in the ECA get flicked into the Synthetic Comp. I will justify this by saying how come Dunstan shield and Wright shield have 12 teams being turf grades and the poor old Macgibbon shield only have 8?????????

well said Hanz, the truth hurts! what a waste all this has been, all this could of been put to bed a month ago,but
no, lets see what suits our own club first. what a joke, it's appaling to think we have theses types of thought process
running clubs, no wonder people don't want to play anymore.

well said Hanz, the truth hurts! what a waste all this has been, all this could of been put to bed a month ago,but
no, lets see what suits our own club first. what a joke, it's appaling to think we have theses types of thought process
running clubs, no wonder people don't want to play anymore.
I can't comprehend why they wouldn't be wanting to be playing in a comp with the best of the best in the area (exluding a few clubs in DV). It is so indicative of the losing culture that Ediburgh and East Ivanhoe possess

I can't comprehend why they wouldn't be wanting to be playing in a comp with the best of the best in the area (exluding a few clubs in DV). It is so indicative of the losing culture that Ediburgh and East Ivanhoe possess
If anyone is from Edinburgh on this forum could they please give an explation as to why they have chosen to not take part in this setup which was to be called NECA.

Do you know anything about the ECA, DJ?

It has two separate competitions; one is run on turf (with Dunstan Shield being the top grade) and the other is run on synthetic (Macgibbon Shield being the top grade). There is no cross over of teams between turf and synthetic, which therefore means East Ivanhoe and Edinburgh wouldn't be playing against anything but the first grade teams of their rivals.

This is nearly right, but not quite. It is correct that there are two comps - one for turf and one synthetic, but it is possible that a Macgibbon Shield side might be the 2nds or 3rds of a club. There are a number of clubs that field teams in both comps, and from memory it was only a season or two ago that St Barnabas had an A Turf team and a Macgibbon Shield team - thus their 2nds were playing against 1sts synthetic sides. It isn't very common though, and it is more likely that 1sts synthetic sides play against 1sts.

DJ Yallah, Hanz Lowman, Jika One Edinburgh has a number of reasons for not joining the new NECA (which won't go ahead as Banyule are tipped to follow ECC and EISCC to Eastern). These have been spelled out to the HDCA executive for the past 6 months. Anyone who was at the last meeting of HDCA clubs would be well aware that Edinburgh would not be apart of NECA, it was made very very clear.

The reasons for choosing ECA over NECA are as follows and in no particular order:
the standard of facilities/grounds is far superior in ECA
the amount and standard of umpires is signifigantly higher in ECA
the level of behaviour is signifigantly higher in ECA
ECA have a firm 'no dickheads' policy. Simply put if you mess up you are out.
ECA have 6 senior 2 day grades and many one day grades on Synthetic as well as Turf grades allowing for continued growth of ECC which wouldn't fit in NECA
In meetings between ECA and ECC it has been made very clear that ECA want to get away from the perception they are a turf competition. They are investing heavily in their synthetic grades at the current time
Yarra Council has opened discussions with Edinburgh re possibly taking over a turf ground that is currently unused
ECA have expressed a very strong desire to support Edinburgh's women's team
Edinburgh feel putting two failing competitions together does not make a good competition. NECA is simply a stop gap hoping to last until an overall NCL is formed.

I sit on Edinburgh's exec and the above reasons are why it is our firm belief that Eastern Cricket Association is a better fit for us. I'm sure plenty of you will be happy to say our reasons are all rubbish but we're pretty comfortable with our position.

DJ Yallah, Hanz Lowman, Jika One Edinburgh has a number of reasons for not joining the new NECA (which won't go ahead as Banyule are tipped to follow ECC and EISCC to Eastern). These have been spelled out to the HDCA executive for the past 6 months. Anyone who was at the last meeting of HDCA clubs would be well aware that Edinburgh would not be apart of NECA, it was made very very clear.

The reasons for choosing ECA over NECA are as follows and in no particular order:
ECA have 6 senior 2 day grades and many one day grades on Synthetic as well as Turf grades allowing for continued growth of ECC which wouldn't fit in NECA
In meetings between ECA and ECC it has been made very clear that ECA want to get away from the perception they are a turf competition. They are investing heavily in their synthetic grades at the current time
Yarra Council has opened discussions with Edinburgh re possibly taking over a turf ground that is currently unused
Edinburgh feel putting two failing competitions together does not make a good competition. NECA is simply a stop gap hoping to last until an overall NCL is formed.

I sit on Edinburgh's exec and the above reasons are why it is our firm belief that Eastern Cricket Association is a better fit for us. I'm sure plenty of you will be happy to say our reasons are all rubbish but we're pretty comfortable with our position.

In short, Edinburgh would prefer to join the 4th best competition in Victoria rather than be part of a shambles.

so where does this leave the comp merger?? dead?? the hdca is obviously gone, the merger would be the nmca plus rosebank and heidelberg?? i keep hearing west and north heidelberg are finished, viewbank are unsure, west ivanhoe to the eca is another rumuor floating around...who else is left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back