Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

sachin would be the worst fieldsmen in the HDCA
Ray Kelsey could field better than him, straight after a knee reconstruction

ari gold;340075 said:
my god you are so bland.

you are pushing lewis seccombes level of blandness here champ

Yep and there were those that doubted it could be done.

BTW, I have under estimated you. By addressing me as "champ" you have insulted more people in one post than all your previous efforts combined. Impressive!

onemoreover;340252 said:

BTW, I have under estimated you. By addressing me as "champ" you have insulted more people in one post than all your previous efforts combined. Impressive!

it wasn't an insult champ

stuart adderly, best bloke in the hdca?
thoughts?

onemoreover;340252 said:

who are you onemoreover?

swifty_147;340274 said:
who are you onemoreover?

G'day swifty & Ari

I will make this my last post for a while and it really is not important who I am. If I tell you then I can just picture you all rolling about the floor laughing.:D What I can tell you is that I have been associated with the HDCA for well over ten years and have experience as a junior coach. Anyway, I think I have harrassed you guys enough, it's been fun though. I will finish with a couple of points.

First, Ari, "it wasn't an insult champ" - I know, I just couldn't resist such a prize opportunity to take a shot at myself! I think I really need to get better at that a since you didn't seem to get it. :(

The whole point of my ramblings are that juniors play sport for many reasons. Not just to aspire to be the best or even good at it at all. Some of those kids do not have access to the same resources, opportunities and life experiences that for example someone like swifty does. I know swifty is one of the best junior cricketers in the HDCA, period. Saying that, I hope you can appreciate that some juniors are participating in sport to try and provide them with some new perspectives and confidence in their daily lives. Sport can be a fantastic tool in that regard. If you are mindful of this fact as fellow junior sportspeople, you have an opportunity to assist these kids with minimal effort, to hopfully have a better outcome in there adult years in many aspects of life, not just sport.

The Murray Whites, D. Arrowsmiths, etc etc. who are often commented on negatively may just be such people, I am really not sure. I have little knowledge of their personal circumstances. I do detect though through my contact with at least some of these boys that they have developed more outgoing personalities and general confidence than before they first started playing cricket. That can only be a good thing!

As participants on a public forum, I simply ask you to be careful and mindful of how you present your junior peers to the rest of the world. The good work that cricket has done for these kids can be undone in an instant!

Don't get me wrong though. I do enjoy the laughs and banter provided by some of the commentary, so keep that up.

Sincerely all the best to you all for your next season and the many to come.

See ya round

onemoreover;340309 said:
G'day swifty & Ari

I will make this my last post for a while and it really is not important who I am. If I tell you then I can just picture you all rolling about the floor laughing.:D What I can tell you is that I have been associated with the HDCA for well over ten years and have experience as a junior coach. Anyway, I think I have harrassed you guys enough, it's been fun though. I will finish with a couple of points.

First, Ari, "it wasn't an insult champ" - I know, I just couldn't resist such a prize opportunity to take a shot at myself! I think I really need to get better at that a since you didn't seem to get it. :(

The whole point of my ramblings are that juniors play sport for many reasons. Not just to aspire to be the best or even good at it at all. Some of those kids do not have access to the same resources, opportunities and life experiences that for example someone like swifty does. I know swifty is one of the best junior cricketers in the HDCA, period. Saying that, I hope you can appreciate that some juniors are participating in sport to try and provide them with some new perspectives and confidence in their daily lives. Sport can be a fantastic tool in that regard. If you are mindful of this fact as fellow junior sportspeople, you have an opportunity to assist these kids with minimal effort, to hopfully have a better outcome in there adult years in many aspects of life, not just sport.

The Murray Whites, D. Arrowsmiths, etc etc. who are often commented on negatively may just be such people, I am really not sure. I have little knowledge of their personal circumstances. I do detect though through my contact with at least some of these boys that they have developed more outgoing personalities and general confidence than before they first started playing cricket. That can only be a good thing!

As participants on a public forum, I simply ask you to be careful and mindful of how you present your junior peers to the rest of the world. The good work that cricket has done for these kids can be undone in an instant!

Don't get me wrong though. I do enjoy the laughs and banter provided by some of the commentary, so keep that up.

See ya round

Can you just tell us who you are?
I am in a mood for a good laugh

onemoreover;340309 said:
G'day swifty & Ari

See ya round

hahaha
well champ
i can respect that, i do get where your coming from
i really would like to know who you are though?
and i still think you are a bit of a luke houben

ari gold;340024 said:
id also like to make a quick mention to the great one
darren pybus
he would easily make it into my top 3 worst blokes in the HDCA
does anyone actually think he is a decent human being?

Those that know him well and that's all that matters.

Enough talk bout jrn's congrates to banyule on a great win in the GF. Now for the business part of the year any trades or delistings. I know of a few clubs needing one or two more players to have an impact on the comp. Suppose with Greensy going their may be a few who stay within the comp. Massive rumour that G. Butters signed for Banyule. Disappointing he didn't enquire with a few other clubs, extremely handy cricketer sure a few clubs would be just a little keen. Heard a whisper one particular bloke may be heading over the road to where it all began huge for the club if they can pull that one off. Few clubs cashed up and keen for A grade success. Interesting times ahead. I know the fitzroy boys need a keeper and left arm opening bowler they surely will be keen for a few trades given their position.

Hey Howzat 23 heard an interesting rumour about the Fitzroy boys. Heard from a boy Sanna way that your best two players have pulled the pin due to family/work. Both been around for a while, one a so-called superstar. Heard the rumour about the king of HDCA joining warnie as well.
Pretty sure JR would be on the prowl for a player or two???
You blokes have plenty of coin - spend it???
If the butterworth unite - back to back I would think!!!

News to me about best two players pulling the pin from the burra. A so-called superstar if its the bloke im thinking of your kiddin yourself, he is the most consistant bat in the comp. Never said they had heaps of coin but with new rooms/nets and another new rooms at Alfred cresent being done over winter they will be the envy of most clubs within the hdca and beyond. JR may look for a few blokes, but may have to take a pay cut to fit new blokes in under the salary cap!

All you need is to win a few games....... Reliable source tells me your Mr. Consistent has pulled pin.
Heard big Dilip is off to Jika to join Preston Druids. Wonder who they buy now...
JR pay cut - get serious. Like saying Ray Kelsey plays for love of game.
Keep hearing big moves at the runners up. Boys across the road to benefit.
Howzat is comp gaoing to merge with Jika??? Jika seem to think so.

comps wont merge
but rumour has it that 2 jika clubs are coming to the hdca
and seriously, how good is daniel cookson

Hey gawn your source smells rotten mate. Can confirm mr consistant is in for sure. Heart and soul of the club and still 2000 runs behind his old man who refuses to retire so will be around for a few more seasons yet. We won a few games this season mate hit hard by injury but we realise we have a long way to go before we are contenders. Dont know bout the merger at this stage but interesting times ahead. If butters is on the move I know the roy boys would definately be like a shark with blood in the water and be keen to pounce. Will JR stay at sannas, word on the street is the money printing machine has broken down which may force him to pull the pin? Can't see to many blokes jumping over the road, unless they can help restore some respect over their.

Howzat my sources tell me your Mr. Consistent if off to Eltham way for huge coin. Time will tell. They are talking 15K to get a side back into A-grade. Have to lose a bit of weight.... Probably taken 50-60K off you lads over the journey though???
Merger we find out soon mate, am told there is a meeting early May. Tipping will go ahead, Jika on their knees.
JR - money has always talked....
Heard Mr. Clutterbuck is back in town, give him a buzz.....

Gawn;345612 said:
Howzat my sources tell me your Mr. Consistent if off to Eltham way for huge coin. Time will tell. They are talking 15K to get a side back into A-grade. Have to lose a bit of weight.... Probably taken 50-60K off you lads over the journey though???
Merger we find out soon mate, am told there is a meeting early May. Tipping will go ahead, Jika on their knees.
JR - money has always talked....
Heard Mr. Clutterbuck is back in town, give him a buzz.....

just wondering who is "Mr Consistent"? it says there from the burra ( Greensborough??) Is it Kelsey? He coached Eltham a few years back.
i'm not sure on your point of getting back into A grade, they are still in it....

thanks

I'm pretty sure that when he said "burra" he means Edinburgh not Greensy, And I'd say he's referring to Shadders. So not sure what he means about getting back to A grade.

My info says BS is rock solid at BSO and he ain't going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back