HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

hey gawn mate have eltham enough coin to drag him away from brunswick st the 50/60k was well spent heard it was more like 80k though. Clutters would be very interesting would strengthen their team in spades may have to many freinds at w/ivanhoe though. The burra r not holding back been in contact with a few players already looking for a few new recruits.

I don't believe for a minute that Shadbolt will be leaving BS. I would love to know where you guys pull your figures from - there is no way known he would have made that much at the 'Burra. I know a few blokes that know him and apparently he has received very little in the way of cash over the past few years.

No for some rumours going around the traps.

Macleod to return - I doubt this very much but this is what I've heard.

Some big returns to the new improved De Winton. The sannas are filthy that they didn't make it to the big one - even though a number of their kids got alot of experience this year - and will be as strong as ever next year.

Banyule to be stronger than last year - SO'Conner and Gbutterworth to team up with their brothers.

And some change at both grounds at Warringal. Depends who you talk to, but I've heard that the Big man at Heidelberg may be going back to his old stamping ground and then another one that I've heard is that the Grindal brothers will be a tagteam at Warringal. I don't know what goes on down their but I would be amazed if Dave Roberts is moved on - the glue that holds that place together. Unless of course he has had enough. Favrin, Cashin, Noonan and Gardiner are aparantly pullin the pin.With some of the old blokes moving on, could be some lean and volatile times down there.

Warneys mob are on the prowl looking to improve from last year and should be a lot better for the experience.

Has anyone heard what is going to happen with A grade next season. From what i can gather, the merge with jika won't be happening. Does this mean that OI or WI will be coming up or will VB go down to make a 6 team comp?

Howzat - 80K, you are taking the piss, surely.
Eltham have plenty of coin.
Howzat is Branigan staying around - few clubs would pick him up I reckon if he wasn't?
A-grade would remain at 8-teams, so assume West would have to come up. Hopefully they do get Clutterbuck back.
Rosanna - hasn't the coin run out?
Interesting about Banyule - heard the same thing & few more back.
Mick Butera is always around Howzat???

Blue Blood;345764 said:
No for some rumours going around the traps.

And some change at both grounds at Warringal. Depends who you talk to, but I've heard that the Big man at Heidelberg may be going back to his old stamping ground and then another one that I've heard is that the Grindal brothers will be a tagteam at Warringal. I don't know what goes on down their but I would be amazed if Dave Roberts is moved on - the glue that holds that place together. Unless of course he has had enough. Favrin, Cashin, Noonan and Gardiner are aparantly pullin the pin.With some of the old blokes moving on, could be some lean and volatile times down there.

about time he woke up to himself after the treatment handed out to me!!! never been the same!
i did hear there was an eviction of sorts in SA late last month and i say well played young fellow!!!!!!

and my MOLE tells me the Swine is sniffing around the carcases of a few clubs !!!

Has anyone heard what is going to happen with A grade next season. From what i can gather, the merge with jika won't be happening. Does this mean that OI or WI will be coming up or will VB go down to make a 6 team comp?[/QUOTE]

should put the premier side from second grade in!!! and YES i do know who won it!! saw em play a few times last year and they would have beaten a few A section sides no doubt!

Blue Blood;345764 said:
I

Banyule to be stronger than last year - SO'Conner and Gbutterworth to team up with their brothers.

That will be difficult since Glenn will be staying put and Capt next season??

HUMMTB;345862 said:
Blue Blood;345764 said:
I

That will be difficult since Glenn will be staying put and Capt next season??

Is this a question or a statement?

What's happened to Pavey? Has he joined the long list of revolving door captain/coaches at WM?

What is it with Greensborough and captains? Once they don't get any coin, they're off! Pavey,Butera,Monar, Francese, Davies - even Butterworth left for a while! Kelsey is the only one who has shown any loyalty of the bunch. Good clubs work on the theory that once you get a player inside the door - they won't leave - even when the coin dries up! Really good clubs can get players through the door without waiving the folding under a players nose! It is no suprise that the 3 clubs with sustained success in the comp fall into this category.

The question would have to be asked, why have they gone through so many imports in such a relatively short time? The answer - and I don't know what it is - may also explain why they have been massive underachievers! Barassi signs off as 17410 - they could do the same - 8042.

Blue Blood;345913 said:
HUMMTB;345862 said:

What's happened to Pavey? Has he joined the long list of revolving door captain/coaches at WM?

What is it with Greensborough and captains? Once they don't get any coin, they're off! Pavey,Butera,Monar, Francese, Davies - even Butterworth left for a while! Kelsey is the only one who has shown any loyalty of the bunch. Good clubs work on the theory that once you get a player inside the door - they won't leave - even when the coin dries up! Really good clubs can get players through the door without waiving the folding under a players nose! It is no suprise that the 3 clubs with sustained success in the comp fall into this category.

The question would have to be asked, why have they gone through so many imports in such a relatively short time? The answer - and I don't know what it is - may also explain why they have been massive underachievers! Barassi signs off as 17410 - they could do the same - 8042.
Butterworth will not be leaving the GCC and will Captain the club next season in the DVCA.
Why does every decision made by the GCC get deconstructed and have cash/coin issues added as a variable? What makes you think there are any cash problems at the GCC? The GCC pay a handful of players/coaches just like every other club does, and certainly nowhere near the amounts that are speculated in this forum. Cash is not and has not been an issue at the GCC due to the strong off-field position they are in and has not influenced any coaching/player recruitment decisions. They pay what is fair and reasonbable, within the constraints of the clubs budget.
Coaches and Players have moved on for a variety of reasons as they do at most clubs, but the core playing group has remained stable.
The GCC can be accused of nothing but being ambitious and attempting to recruit the right people at the right time for the success of the club. If you believe that the GCC throw cash around, then you are ill-informed. The fact that the GCC are an extremely financial club, regardless of success on the field, would lead most educated observers to conclude that all decisions are made with sound financial acumen.
Have they made mistakes? No doubt, everyone and every club has made mistakes. But hindsight is always viewed with 20/20 vision.
You list a number of captians/coaches and question their loyalty without an understanding of the circumstances involved in each case.
Davies - An injured hip ended his playing and coaching career. Still helps coach the young bowlers at the club and is a regular figure in the clubrooms
Monar - Left to pursue a serious coaching career (he didn't want to coach his mates), and was justified as he lead Northcote for a number of Seasons. Still helps coach the young spinners at the club, and is a much loved figure and a regular at club functions.
Butera - Had a stellar season with the bat, but his ambitions lay in a different direction to the GCC. He moved on to what he assumed would be bigger and better things.
Pavey - Injuries severely hampered the second half of his season and his body would not allow him to keep up with the rigours of coaching and playing on a weekly basis. Has returned to his spiritual home at Plenty with the clubs blessing and he will be missed by many at the GCC.
Butterworth - Left to coach with his very close friend, Pete Monar. Returned to the GCC and dominated the competition this year. Will Captain the 1st eleven next season.

Your statement obout the number of imports at the GCC is also ill-informed, with Butera and Pavey the only imports in recent times.
The GCC is a young club after turning over its playing list in recent years and its intense focus upon the Juniors at the club, will ensure long term success for the club and its members.
The GCC is able to attract players due to the excellent grounds, excellent training facilities and excellent clubrooms. This is where the GCC parts with its so called "coin", ensuring that the facilities are the best that they can be and that a family environment is the dominant culture in the clubrooms. It is more than money that attracts those to the GCC, and it is more than money that has attracted players enough to field 7 senior and 7 junior sides.

Blue Blood;345913 said:
HUMMTB;345862 said:

Blueblood - you are obviously a smart bloke because you can put some paragraphs together, but the stuff about Monar, Francese and Davies, they are all loyal people of GCC is crap. Monar going overseas left to take on other coaching roles played at club for around 8 years or so. Francese to fat now, has not played cricket since he left, played at club for around same times as Pete, Davies injuried would still be playing if he did not have a long time claim in with workcare. Pavey great player great bloke, injury prone now, and wants to finish career at beloved Plenty good luck to him.
Kelsey to stay again playing a major role in the club, Butters signed as assistant coach and will captain 1st XI this year.
All these other rumours are bulls***. The great man at Edinburgh will not leave there, and the other bullsh** of him being paid 60K over the year come on, he deserves to be paid, but he has probably created that revenue for that club. So what that we under achieved many clubs do each year, but you making a song and dance about it when your club did the same. We don't pay the sum of money you monkey's suggest. But at least we have loyal people that hang around our club, we have posted large profits last couple of years because people give back to the club. Unlike your club that has recorded profits off over $100 for the last couple of years. So you obviously pay your blokes money or no one stays back and spends over the bar.

I am a GCC member and player. Here I have a great player move.
Daniel Barnes had an interview with Lower Plenty
and has a second interview this week and from all reports will be offered the coaching job. John Raywood to stay at Rosanna for another year, the great man told me just recently.

Is the comp presentation night going to be held this year? Or is it going to be run in co-operation with NFL presentation night?

The comp presentation night is May 15th at BSO, so Friday fortnight. I think an email went to all clubs last week sometime, maybe earlier.

Lots of speculation/rumours floating around at the monent - could be some big changes on the horizon.

The Greensborough bashing should be over by now - Time for everyone to move on with the business of getting their own backyards in order for next season. Lets see what the coming weeks will bring. :cool:

FatOldMan;335056 said:
Hey All Fellow HDCA Cricketers

This brings me to 2. HDCA Comp.
My opinion is sadly there HDCA will die, the comp is to small and will find it hard to attract clubs to make it successful.

Famous last words!;)

ITK!;346346 said:
Being reported on the NMCA forum that Rosebank are joining the HDCA - fancy that!:D

If this is true, then a big hats off to all that have made this happen.

This would obviously a massive coup for the comp - Would the other clubs have to vote on this - not that there would be any issues.

One club out - a better one in and the rumour is, one or two more to follow. Long live the HDCA.

Blue Blood;346351 said:
If this is true, then a big hats off to all that have made this happen.

This would obviously a massive coup for the comp - Would the other clubs have to vote on this - not that there would be any issues.

One club out - a better one in and the rumour is, one or two more to follow. Long live the HDCA.

a massive coup agreed, but i wouldn't be so sure about that part of your statement

northmetroboy;346386 said:
a massive coup agreed, but i wouldn't be so sure about that part of your statement
Yes, huge congratulations to all involved in getting this over the line....Hopefully this is the start of a new era in the HDCA, onwards & upwards boys!!!!

northmetroboy;346386 said:

metro boy --- definately a better club no doubt whatsoever champ!

Moose;346402 said:
metro boy --- definately a better club no doubt whatsoever champ!

maybe a better first and second XI....maybe??

but didnt greensy have 6 sides and 5 or so junior teams??

tell me they are a better club in 12 months on here, moose

i'll be watching....29/4/2010.

great news on the new club thats huge for this so called pissy little comp. We have just pulled the wool over their eyes for sure. I wonder how many emails the powers had after rosebank annouced their move. Sure the inbox would be overflowing if any of the other good/big clubs had any brains. This will only mean a better comp and will cover greensy's lose. Get two or three others then look out hdca may get to the top of the tree. Good luck to rosebank and i won't mind if u are runners up next season at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back