HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

Slapper;364975 said:
However, there will also be teams that they obliterate, if they show up and are as quick as you believe.
Do they have any other players or are they hoping that these two get them a promotion for the following year?

More to the point, as quick as I know. Trust me when I say that after facing Trent Scannel in the nets for a few years, he would be as quick, if not quicker, than ANY A grade bowler in HDCA and moves it both ways. He will hurt a lot of batsman this year.

serg fernandez;364985 said:
More to the point, as quick as I know. Trust me when I say that after facing Trent Scannel in the nets for a few years, he would be as quick, if not quicker, than ANY A grade bowler in HDCA and moves it both ways. He will hurt a lot of batsman this year.

Fair Enough, hopefully it wont be intentional of course, as maybe if this is the case maybe cricket is the wrong sport for him and he may want to take up ultimate fighting or something along those lines...:)

Slapper;364987 said:
Fair Enough, hopefully it wont be intentional of course, as maybe if this is the case maybe cricket is the wrong sport for him and he may want to take up ultimate fighting or something along those lines...:)

Scannel and Green played C Grade Jika a couple of years ago and couldn't get their side a flag. Like to be Big Fish in a Little Pond.

If they are as good as they sound then maybe test cricket would be a small pond!!! Hopefully the graduates get them Derby Day weekend. No doubt they will be passed out in the Generals rather than on the pitch on that particular day.

How come North Heidelberg are in C grade but Rosebank came straight into A grade?

Teapicker;364992 said:
Scannel and Green played C Grade Jika a couple of years ago and couldn't get their side a flag. Like to be Big Fish in a Little Pond.
Having played against these boys a number of times i have no doubt that they will be a formidable combo in 3rd Grade.
Is it true that the one & only Kevin Dale Elms is Cockroach? He will make a truckload of runs down there......Tough Little ************ he is!!!!!
All the best to North and as stated above i hope they can field a competeive team ALL year and not just before & after spring carnival!!!

serg fernandez;364985 said:
Careful there Serg.....he would need to be extremely quick if he is going to compete with Chicken Man at West!! And that is in his 2nd spell!!

Fezz;365021 said:
Careful there Serg.....he would need to be extremely quick if he is going to compete with Chicken Man at West!! And that is in his 2nd spell!!

Mate, he's got Andy Stewart covered by a fair margin

If the one and only K Elms returns that will strengthen that side, also will be a good test to those other bowlers around the league....It certainly will be good for the comp if North H'berg can build the club up for future years

Slapper;365091 said:
If the one and only K Elms returns that will strengthen that side, also will be a good test to those other bowlers around the league....It certainly will be good for the comp if North H'berg can build the club up for future years

Leigh Gray playing as well.

serg fernandez;365097 said:
Leigh Gray playing as well.

Spoke to Rudi in Thursday night, said he had registered but will only play a few games in the lower grades if short, things may change , but don't think he'll be a major player.

With News of Kevin Dale coaching maybe multiple Kevin Brady Medalists Scott Gunn may find his way back to where his journey started. Just hope the Workcover inspectors don't get wind of Kev & Roosters deeds on the track!!!

Bundoora;365130 said:
Spoke to Rudi in Thursday night, said he had registered but will only play a few games in the lower grades if short, things may change , but don't think he'll be a major player.

With News of Kevin Dale coaching maybe multiple Kevin Brady Medalists Scott Gunn may find his way back to where his journey started. Just hope the Workcover inspectors don't get wind of Kev & Roosters deeds on the track!!!
LOL.........I haven't seen Rooster for a few years, he would want to have dropped a couple or he will have to wear the Homer Simpson throw over instead of the traditional whites!!! Great bloke Rooster and also likes the odd flutter at the billy goat!!

Sounds like a side from yester year, again will be good to see them all play together. Should have some interesting betting syndicates...

Which clubs are involved in practice matches this weekend? My spies tell me that Rosebank and Edinburgh are playing this Sunday. Anybody else?

The Spent Force;365335 said:
Which clubs are involved in practice matches this weekend? My spies tell me that Rosebank and Edinburgh are playing this Sunday. Anybody else?

I have heard that too. it'll be interesting to see how Rosebank go.

My spies tell me that Rosanna are playing Diamond Creek on the weekend.

Fezz;365145 said:
LOL.........I haven't seen Rooster for a few years, he would want to have dropped a couple or he will have to wear the Homer Simpson throw over instead of the traditional whites!!! Great bloke Rooster and also likes the odd flutter at the billy goat!!

The rooster is surely not playing. Last time I heard he heard a major back op and got well compensated from OZ post.
Best innings I saw him play, he and Waddingham chasing down around 110 in 8 overs with 9 balls to spare down at Macleod park. No less than 6 balls were lost . One of the biggest hitters i have seen in club cricket.

To all the A grade players out there this season watch out for banyules opening batsmen Steve Pinner he is in red hot form. With his new job title at Cricket Victoria he has been able to get in contact with Victorian batsmen like Brad Hodge, Aiden Blizzard, CHRIS CHIROIU!, David Hussey and Michael Hill. my bet is that he'll make at least 500+ runs this season!!!

bringbackdeano;365971 said:
1sts lost to Edinburgh, 2nd won.

Rosanna are playing Riverside this weekend in a praccy, not Diamond Creek as earlier reported.

Any word on how ECC's Sri Lankan recruits went?

I know it was just a practice match, but weren't Rosebank meant to be THE powerhouse of the competition? Were they missing anyone?

butterball;366325 said:
Any word on how ECC's Sri Lankan recruits went?

I know it was just a practice match, but weren't Rosebank meant to be THE powerhouse of the competition? Were they missing anyone?

Why don't you check the Edinburgh website for details? Seriously though, if all the screaming coming from next door at Pine Lodge is to believed, there won't be any Sri Lankan's playing for anyone for quite a while!

It would appear that immigration are playing hardball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back