HDCA cricket forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDCA cricket forum

The Spent Force;367456 said:
Why don't you check the Edinburgh website for details? Seriously though, if all the screaming coming from next door at Pine Lodge is to believed, there won't be any Sri Lankan's playing for anyone for quite a while!

It would appear that immigration are playing hardball!

What's Pine Lodge?

This immigration thing is true Spent Force, I have heard that too. It seems that immigration are cracking down on Lankans coming here on tourist visas and then earning money playing cricket.

As for Rosebank, I don't think they had all their best players when they played ECC. Word is a couple were missing. Still, only a praccy. The real stuff starts this week.

The Spent Force;365335 said:
Which clubs are involved in practice matches this weekend? My spies tell me that Rosebank and Edinburgh are playing this Sunday. Anybody else?

rumor is that viewbank had 42 to training on Thursday night, great sign for a building club i rekon, hopefully some others can follow suit

heard on the rumour file on 3AW this morning, and i quote ..."rumour is fact...brett smout has been in a very big paddock over the winter and has hung up the gloves and willow"....can anyone confirm this?

tracey bartram;368703 said:
heard on the rumour file on 3AW this morning, and i quote ..."rumour is fact...brett smout has been in a very big paddock over the winter and has hung up the gloves and willow"....can anyone confirm this?

i've been hearing simular things trace

tracey bartram;368703 said:

Can confirm, the kid now spends most his time ploughing thru buckets of chicken & potato n gravy ... If he keeps going were going to have to let him in through the roller door out the back cause he's only getting thru the front double doors at the moment with the help of cooking oil that he covers himself with in the car park

Stop talking crap you blokes!!!! Give us something decent or don't bother posting at all!
Having seen the boys at Rosebank first hand on Saturday i can confidently say that they will be thereabouts come finals time, very professional outfit and a decent bunch of blokes as well, all hung around for at least an hour and had a chat and a couple of quiet ones....isn't that what park cricket is all about?
Also, good to see the West boys get off to a good start against the fancied Burra, noticed a new inclusion of P.Smith, will be handy for them and take the pressure of Chicken Man a bit.

Fezz;368866 said:
Stop talking crap you blokes!!!! Give us something decent or don't bother posting at all!
Having seen the boys at Rosebank first hand on Saturday i can confidently say that they will be thereabouts come finals time, very professional outfit and a decent bunch of blokes as well, all hung around for at least an hour and had a chat and a couple of quiet ones....isn't that what park cricket is all about?
Also, good to see the West boys get off to a good start against the fancied Burra, noticed a new inclusion of P.Smith, will be handy for them and take the pressure of Chicken Man a bit.

The Leopard must have changed it's spots. Yes there are some good guys at Rosebank, but not very often would "the team" hang around for more that 15 minutes.

YouKnowNothing;368883 said:
The Leopard must have changed it's spots. Yes there are some good guys at Rosebank, but not very often would "the team" hang around for more that 15 minutes.
Can only go by this season as we have never played them before...may have had something to do with the company they shared???

Fezz;368889 said:
Can only go by this season as we have never played them before...may have had something to do with the company they shared???

They definitely hung round for an hour or so after the practice game with Edinburgh, too.

ari gold;363485 said:
if you cannot see a good 1st hdca side, like banyule getting close to rosebank, then you have another thing coming my friend.

Nothing coming my way friend!!!!!

Does the term "belted" mean anything???

And I will say it. "Told you so!!!!!!"

YouKnowNothing;369615 said:

ill cop that on the chin,

interesting to see what happens around finals time

ari gold;369800 said:
ill cop that on the chin,

interesting to see what happens around finals time

Ari, you are obviously a big enough person to accept it. Well done for that.
For the record, I was only throwing it out there to get a reaction for a bit of fun at your expense.

Hope everything goes well for you for the rest of the season.
I do hope that the finals are interesting for you. At least you will be aware of the standard that Rosebank will set for the rest of the club to catch up too. This was something that alot of the NMCA clubs were unable to do.

Cheers :)

YouKnowNothing;369615 said:

Not sure whether beating a team that is 1-2 after three rounds (albeit last year's premiers) by nine runs could be considered a belting?

Rosanna and Edinburgh both accounted for Viewbank far more convincingly as well.

YouKnowNothing;369885 said:
Ari, you are obviously a big enough person to accept it. Well done for that.
For the record, I was only throwing it out there to get a reaction for a bit of fun at your expense.

Hope everything goes well for you for the rest of the season.
I do hope that the finals are interesting for you. At least you will be aware of the standard that Rosebank will set for the rest of the club to catch up too. This was something that alot of the NMCA clubs were unable to do.

Cheers :)

As I said, I was only said that to get a reaction out of Ari, but to his credit, he took it on the chin as he states. Sounds like it would have been a great game to watch, with Plumps cracking a ton and the run chase by Banyule not quite getting there.

Was browsing the HDCA site today and a roster was posted for the T20 tournament, the link has now been taken down, but the grouping looked interesting

HDCA T20 Competition

The inaugural HDCA T20 competion gets under way shortly. The table below shows the groupings along with the dates by which each game is required to be completed. The T20 Competition will have a Semi-Final and Final round which replaces the ODC Final, which the HDCA MC felt was due for a rest. The T20 Competition will have a trophy and some prizemoney presented to the winning club. The matches will be played during the week and may be played as a substitute for training. 4-piece white practice balls may be used for these matches.

Group A Group B
East Ivanhoe Saints vs. Rosanna 24/11/2009 West Ivanhoe United vs. Edinburgh 24/11/2009
Rosanna vs. Viewbank 15/12/2009 Edinburgh vs. Bellfield 15/12/2009
Viewbank vs. East Ivanhoe Saints 19/01/2010 Bellfield vs. West Ivanhoe United 19/01/2010
Group C Group D
Heidelberg West vs. North Heidelberg 24/11/2009 Rosebank-North Brunswick vs. Heidelberg 24/11/2009
North Heidelberg vs. Banyule 15/12/2009 Heidelberg vs. Old Ivanhoe 15/12/2009
Banyule vs. Heidelberg West 19/01/2010 Old Ivanhoe vs. Rosebank-North Brunswick 19/01/2010

Semi Final #1 - Winners of groups A & B
Semi Final #2 - Winners of groups C & D.

Finals dates to be advised.

Posted by TEAMTANK

Fezz;368889 said:

Thought I would check in Fezz!

Just thought I would visit and see how all you blokes are going? I see no one has posted for ages, nothing to talk about in HDCA these days. Rosebank dominating??? Looks a one horse race? Am I being a bit hard here, or do they look to have one hand on cup. Good to see Shadbolts mob doing well.

I see the up and comers of the comp Heidelberg West have returned to there oldself, struggling along? But the will surely come good?

Now the tough question FEZZ, there are strong rumours coming out of a club in DVCA just near the Plenty CFA station, that you are frustrated and are almost signed sealed for next season, any truth to the matter? :eek: We know you will say NO! But you have spoken with them?

PS, we still love big jimmy waywood....

mas cambios;380837 said:
Posted by TEAMTANK

Thought I would check in Fezz!

Just thought I would visit and see how all you blokes are going? I see no one has posted for ages, nothing to talk about in HDCA these days. Rosebank dominating??? Looks a one horse race? Am I being a bit hard here, or do they look to have one hand on cup. Good to see Shadbolts mob doing well.

I see the up and comers of the comp Heidelberg West have returned to there oldself, struggling along? But the will surely come good?

Now the tough question FEZZ, there are strong rumours coming out of a club in DVCA just near the Plenty CFA station, that you are frustrated and are almost signed sealed for next season, any truth to the matter? :eek: We know you will say NO! But you have spoken with them?

PS, we still love big jimmy waywood....

can any 1 tell me who is going to beat nth heidelberg in the finals rosanna did it first time but cant see them getting anywhere near the lads from the kennel outright win this week and t same im following ,i think they would beat a lot of sides in a grade so if the competition has anybrains they will do the right thing and put them straight up as the top 4 sides in b grade are already in a grade just wonderin what your thoughts are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back