Hey, Leggies!

Re: Hey, Leggies!

First the picture has to be on a website somewhere, can't take them out of your own files, so if you upload them onto your blog you can use them. Then right click the image and 'Copy Image URL'.

Then on the bar above the text box where you type your post there is a little picture of a mountain and a sun in a box, hover over them until you see one that says 'Insert Image'. Click it and paste the copied URL into the pop up dialogue box.

Should come up with the [ IMG] [ /IMG] tags.

Nah we/I don't have that at all, under the bit where I've just wrote this - just to the left there's a set of 'Posting rules' one of them says

you may not post attachments

So it looks like for some reason I'm not allowed?

Yeah I have the posting rules saying I can't post attachments either.

It should be directly above the text box. On the quick reply box it the second from the right and on the advanced section it is third from the right on the bottom row.

Unless you have a different layout to me. In that case I didn't know BC had different forum layouts. If you can't work it out surely an admin/mod knows.

This is what I have. Have no problems posting images :\
postingpic.jpg

No - ours looks nothing like that - you've got a whole bunch of extra privalleges that we don't have. You've got a 'reply to thread' option which I don't seem to have - I only seem to have a quick reply option?

someblokecalleddave;400975 said:
No - ours looks nothing like that - you've got a whole bunch of extra privalleges that we don't have. You've got a 'reply to thread' option which I don't seem to have - I only seem to have a quick reply option?

Dave, look on the left hand side below the last post in the thread- you should see a post reply button. Use that to get reply to thread. You wont be able to post the images etc if you hit quick reply.

Boris;400831 said:
First the picture has to be on a website somewhere, can't take them out of your own files, so if you upload them onto your blog you can use them. Then right click the image and 'Copy Image URL'.

Then on the bar above the text box where you type your post there is a little picture of a mountain and a sun in a box, hover over them until you see one that says 'Insert Image'. Click it and paste the copied URL into the pop up dialogue box.

Should come up with the [ IMG] [ /IMG] tags.

Still nothing - the box is exactly the same except I just don't have all those symbols for fonts, text allignment and the picture facility. I'll have a look at my profile page and see if there's something there that's not ticked or something?

SML+-+The+Paddock+May+22nd+2010+(6)+-.jpg

Sorted! It was in some obscure place called miscellaneous and I had simple settings ticked instead of slightly complicated or something which gives you the images options. Here's the paddock where me and my sons practice across the road from where we live and this is them!

you tried putting that net up then. did it work? you can play shots onto the legside now without the fear of losing the balls :D

Yeah I sussed a quick and easy way of doing it and then supporting it in the middle with the big bit of branch, all of which takes about 5 minutes. I reckon in a few years when my kids engage with the idea of the sport a bit more it might be a regular feature, but at the minute they're a bit young to fully appreciate how much of a brilliant resource this is for their cricket.

Boris;400827 said:
It was pretty cold today, the max was only 25 degrees celcius :p

The bone I broke is the one in the hand directly under the pinky finger, right near the joint. It's colloquially called the 'boxers break', and the bone has healed so that it bends inward toward the bone underneath the ring finger.

meta5car.jpg

It's like this, except when it broke the bottom part of the bone went inwards, so it has now healed with a bit of V facing outwards. There's a noticeably deformity to the bone now, so when I hold the ball as such:

Bowling+Small+Leg+Break.jpg

See where the pinky rests underneath the ring finger? My pinky faces inwards more and the middle joint points out more, I can't get it in further without physically pushing it. This then means it pushes that 'V' into the bone next to it, and then when it moves it sort of clicks across it, not the best feeling as you could imagine.

Going to have to improvise a little it looks like.
Boris - the grip I have developed has the little (pinky) finger curled alongside the ring finger, rather than under it.

Back