How do you rate south Africa's one day chances

Re: How do you rate south Africa's one day chances

Jolldo87;312115 said:
We have skill and talent and that's why it'll be a hard fought series.. We will try to improve obviously but not in effort, rather in application of the skills we possess. Simple things like playing the right shots, bowling yorkers rather than half volleys and stopping silly misfields is what we can and hopefully will improve.

You didn't even have to 'draw on your wider knowledge' to prove your point. Grapedo sorry but I fail to see how the Zimbabwean Inflation rate is relevant to putting 100% effort in in a cricket match.

Im pretty sure that you can only get more than 100% in a mathematically growing sense, not in a physical or any other sense.

Buddy23#;312098 said:
:rolleyes::confused: We're going to flog your adopted team today, i've never been so sure of anything.

Yeah mate that 6 runs was a real walloping.

Jolldo87;312115 said:
That's impossible mate.

Physically impossible. You cannot have more than 100%.

Had things gone out right for us Friday night we would have won. The didn't and we lost.

We have skill and talent and that's why it'll be a hard fought series.. We will try to improve obviously but not in effort, rather in application of the skills we possess. Simple things like playing the right shots, bowling yorkers rather than half volleys and stopping silly misfields is what we can and hopefully will improve.

You said Australia need to put in more effort. You can't have more than 100% so obviously you were saying we put in less than 100%.

Until you work out that a percentage is a number out of 100 and that number cannot be bigger than 100 i think it's best you don't use percentages in any of your arguments.

How about you read the whole thread you can have more than 100% just refer up the page a little.

breeno;312351 said:
You didn't even have to 'draw on your wider knowledge' to prove your point. Grapedo sorry but I fail to see how the Zimbabwean Inflation rate is relevant to putting 100% effort in in a cricket match.

Im pretty sure that you can only get more than 100% in a mathematically growing sense, not in a physical or any other sense.

Zimababwe's inflations is at billions (percentage wise) so yes you can give more than 100%. And physically you can too as it is doing more than what is expected of you.

grapedo;312472 said:
Zimababwe's inflations is at billions (percentage wise) so yes you can give more than 100%. And physically you can too as it is doing more than what is expected of you.

So Zimbabwe's inflation is in the billions because it is more than what is expected of it?

Face it Grapedo, you can only have more than 100% in mathematical equation. As far as I'm concerned, Physicality is not a mathematical equation.

You're being ridiculuous here by saying that you can give more than 100%, it is downright ignorant.

So Grapedo, just say I was expected to score 1 run, and then scored 2 runs, I gave more than 100% effort?

Effort is what a person puts in themselves, you are referring to performances, not efforts, in which I would like you to kindly refer to Jolldo's post in which you dismissed him as not reading the whole thread before posting.

breeno;312479 said:
So Zimbabwe's inflation is in the billions because it is more than what is expected of it?

So Grapedo, just say I was expected to score 1 run, and then scored 2 runs, I gave more than 100% effort?

Effort is what a person puts in themselves, you are referring to performances, not efforts, in which I would like you to kindly refer to Jolldo's post in which you dismissed him as not reading the whole thread before posting.

No because inflation isn't a physical aspect.

And no you wouldn't be putting in 100% effort in your given situation. However if the Australian fieldsman kept intencity in the field, were alert and ready and did all the little things right that would be putting in110% becuause they are not expected to do these things all game evry game.

South Africa were the ones who dropped 3 catches in Melbourne and 2-3 today.

Touche?

breeno;312514 said:
South Africa were the ones who dropped 3 catches in Melbourne and 2-3 today.

Touche?

Obviously but I don't recall saying that South Africa were at their best either.

But you said to win a match you need to put in more than 100%

South Africa must put in at least 137.25% effort tomorrow if they are going to win. Anything less will be unacceptable.

Seriously though, i still am tipping Australia to win the series but it has so far been alot closer than many, me included expected.

Credit must go to both sides for making it a close series to date.

Jolldo87;314769 said:
South Africa must put in at least 137.25% effort tomorrow if they are going to win. Anything less will be unacceptable.

Seriously though, i still am tipping Australia to win the series but it has so far been alot closer than many, me included expected.

Credit must go to both sides for making it a close series to date.

No you are incorrect Jolldo they need to put in 137.53467890123456223456778864345666433546789973345643 % to win tommorow but thwy are more than capable of it. Unless Australia choke again like in the first game (nothing like the old Australian choke) :p.

grapedo;314826 said:
No you are incorrect Jolldo they need to put in 137.53467890123456223456778864345666433546789973345643 % to win tommorow but thwy are more than capable of it. Unless Australia choke again like in the first game (nothing like the old Australian choke) :p.
Ahem South Africa's history at the World Cup anyone,now that there's some glorious choke's :D

Buddy23#;314830 said:
Ahem South Africa's history at the World Cup anyone,now that's there's some glorious choke's :D

There was sarcasm in my post by the way mate. And no my parents are not South African. I support South Africa because I dislike the Australian cricket team and the policies they employ. I also dislike the way they sledge teams there is nothing wrong with Banter but they have crossed the line too many times TBH.

Ok fair enough,agree they go over the top sometimes but shit happens hey.

Buddy23#;314842 said:
Ok fair enough,agree they go over the top sometimes but shit happens hey.

Yeah.

I have supported South Africa since 99 So I haven't just jumped on the band wagon.

The only Australian players I have liked are Mike Hussey, Steve Waugh and Michael Bevan.

Biggie;310703 said:
Australia 4-1.

Its ben a long tour for the SAffers, who willwant to go home ASAP and regroup for the Test series in SA

Good prediction mate. was good while it lasted.

Here is an important lesson never underistmate the South African cricket team.

Mousey;310900 said:
Good team, the one I'd have if I was Botha, but I don't think it is good enough to beat the Aussies over a 5 match series. I stand by my original 4-1 tip. If we do indeed lose then feel free to have a go at me and tell me why I am wrong.

Will do.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

you were wrong. Never underistimate the south african's. HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA !

:p:p:p:p

Back