How to use a gripping cone

Re: How to use a gripping cone

Sorry to bump, but this is a fantastic tutorial. My grip applicator came earlier, and the tutorial helped alot. My bat now looks like this:

bat1.jpg

OMG, i iz Pietersen in disguise :p

It went on alright, was abit tougher than I thought, but didn't take longer than 5 minutes. Was abit of a struggle getting it down to the bottom of the cone, but was fairly easy.

I hate those bloody cones, even when trying to do it right it always gets stuck

But I just picked up the Squid grip changer at the Show in Melbourne and it is brilliant

Great tutorial!

BUT.. i'm just wondering is there anything i can do when there is excess grip at the end of the handle?

You can try patting it down with the palm of you hand in the first instance.

Also, with dry hands try to push the grip downwards as this can help to push the excess down. Rotate the bat in your hand as you do this.

Finally, if you have loads of grip at the top, you need to fold the excess back onto the bat, and roll it down over the grip a little. When then pick the end back up, so it sits level with the top of the handle. By doing this you'll create one or more small 'rumples/creases' on the grip with can either be pushed down with you hands or smoothed out with your thumb.

The last two ways a little difficult to explain but I hope you get what I mean.

mas cambios;310059 said:
You can try patting it down with the palm of you hand in the first instance.

Also, with dry hands try to push the grip downwards as this can help to push the excess down. Rotate the bat in your hand as you do this.

Finally, if you have loads of grip at the top, you need to fold the excess back onto the bat, and roll it down over the grip a little. When then pick the end back up, so it sits level with the top of the handle. By doing this you'll create one or more small 'rumples/creases' on the grip with can either be pushed down with you hands or smoothed out with your thumb.

The last two ways a little difficult to explain but I hope you get what I mean.

thank you for the suggestions but still the grip isn't moving anywhere. thanks anyway

It does take a fair bit of practice and it's something which is hard to explain, if I can sort out a video then I'll post one up.

Thanks for this thread by the way, it's what made me aware of the site in the first place.

Oh, and two bats gripped in ten minutes (you should have heard the swearing trying to figure out some of the descriptions online..."Roll the donut from the tapered end so it snaps over like a foreskin" was the best...)

Back