• Rajasthan Royals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangalore Royal Challengers

• Kings XI Punjab

• Total voters
Re: Indian Premier League

Nothing can seemingly stop Sanath Jayasuriya. He has raced away to 36 off 11 balls on a track where everyone else has struggled. I think this game will be over within the next two overs.

Fantastic win for Mumbai. We are on a roll now. Won 5 matches in a row. Pollock is bowling well and Jayasuriya is performing with the bat. The youngsters are also contributing.

Its a shame that the game has been interrupted by rain. I was looking forward to watch Sehwag bat and probably score the fastest hundred of this tournament. I hope we get a game. If Delhi win today then the tournament will become very interesting.

the game is back on now after so many breaks. i think delhi have a big advantage because they got the whole 6 overs for powerplay but i think punjab wont.scoring at 12 an over for 11 overs is not hard though.

Punjab are doing a very good job at the moment. The required rate has come down to 10. I don't think Delhi will be able to restrict these batsmen. They desperately need wickets, especially of Jayawardene.

wicket of either batsman would help delhi. both pomersbach and jayawardene are hitting the big shots. delhi have bowled too short in the last 3 overs and the batsmen are pulling and cutting the ball for fours and sixes.

Yeah, they are still bowling short and its being punished. Whenever the ball has been pitched up the batsmen have struggled.
Rain has interrupted play yet again. I think the umpires could have continued the match as only 3 overs are remaining.

stupid decision by the umpires. they have robbed us of what could have been an exciting finish. its not raining that heavily.

I think this pitch is not suitable for high scores. Kolkata should bat sensibly and aim for 150-160 and then Shoaib has to do his job. If Chennai win today then they are going to be in the semi finals.

KKR have lost early wickets yet again. Ganguly was looking to go after every ball. Its not the right way to bat on this pitch; the ball is bouncing awkwardly. I don't see KKR making it to the semifinals, if the top order keeps failing like this. The loss of McCullum and Gayle has affected them badly.

The loss of foreign players has affected both these teams badly but Chennai have a better side. The non perfromance of Ganguly is not helping Kolkata. Only David Hussey has been consistent. I'm hoping now that Chennai win this match because that increases the chance of Mumbai reaching the semifinal. :D

Kolkata have done well after the loss of the early wickets but scored very slowly. They have the chance to make up for it now that the batsmen have settled. I think they'll need 160 to compete.

They are too slow. Even to get to 160 you need to score at 8 an over. Everyone says bangalore is a test team but I think Kolkata has played like a test team too. They have always played slowly except in the first game. Chennai are doing a fine job but I think the batsmen are missing out.

i wouldnt call them a test team but its definitely not playing like a t20 team. i think its more like an odi team. they start slow and try to accelerate at the later stages. its obviously not working for them. they lose their settled batsmen in the process and end up with a sub par score. in t20 you have to put the foot on the accelerator from the first over itself and its very important to take advantage of the first six overs.
its up to the bowlers now to do something special for kolkata. im backing chennai to win the game.

chennai won by d/l but they should have scored more quickly. they won by just 2 runs and had dinda taken the catch they would have lost.
im not watching this game as the jayasuriya show is over and i think everyone knows who's going to win.

That was some brilliant batting by Nayar and Bravo in the last few overs which has won us the game. Deccan are too far behind the required rate.

Kolkata will have to aim for 150-160 from here. I think it wont be enough for Rajasthan's strong batting lineup but will at least give Kolkata a chance.

Ishant has been a big flop in this torunament. He is the highest paid bowler but worst bowler in the Kolkata team. If Rajastan will win today then Mumbai is guranteed into the semi finals :D I think we will make it irrespective of the result of this game but if Kolkata lose there will be less competition.

Back