• Rajasthan Royals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangalore Royal Challengers

• Kings XI Punjab

• Total voters
Re: Indian Premier League

Lmao at Shane Warne taking and looking at Ganguly's paper, good on him hahaha. Ganguly didn't like it one bit, lighten up, rofl.

To be honest, it was none of his business. I don't think it was some confidential information going by Ganguly's reaction.

Both the games today turned out to be pretty exciting, especially the first one. I think Mumbai deserved the win and should have won after VRV conceded 11 runs off just 1 legitimate ball but brilliant fielding won Punjab the game.
Shaun Marsh is really turning out to be the batsman of the tournament. He has had just one failure so far in the six or seven matches he has played and has already scored nearly 400 runs.

I think we had a good chance of sealing a semi final berth yesterday but unfortunately both out of form players Karthik and Tiwary came good for Delhi. I think we have to win both the remaining matches now to get to the semifinal or if Chennai loses the next game we have to win one game. Its hard but Mumbai can do it.

Only Punjab and Rajasthan are a surety in the semi-finals. If Chennai lose their next game and Mumbai win just one then they'll be through along with Delhi. The last few matches are sure to be exciting.

wow what an amazing match! this was the best comeback made by any team in this ipl. i thought ganguly was sleeping but then he went beserk and started hitting sixes at will. when gul hit the two sixes at the end of the 15th over the flow of the game just changed completely.

I was about to switch off the Television after the 15th over(71 required off 30 balls). In walked Gul and the match turned on its head. There was a flurry of boundaries as Kolkata covered 28 runs in the space of 5 balls. I thought Ganguly had left if for too late, but he was extremely self-confident. He stayed there till the end and ensured that his team won, which he hasn't done too often in ODI cricket as he opens the innings. He was extremely calm under pressure and managed to win the game with two balls to spare!

yeah you are right he had confidence in himself. dada showed exactly why he is a legend. i thought he was wasting too many balls to get settled for a t20 game but i was so wrong. once he got settled nothing could stop him. he even refused a single of the last ball of the 19th over to keep the strike. now that shows how confident he was. and gul was amazing too. his sixes provided momentum. even at the death his bowling was superb and shifted momentum towards kolkata. the match was mostly boring but just the awesome finish made it one of the great matches of this ipl.

Oh god. What the hell happened. Disgusting bowling by Fernando in the last over. :cursing: How could he bowl a wide off the last ball. I felt like smashing up my TV. That has cost us the semi final spot. Now only way we can enter is if Dhakkan Chargers win against Chennai :eek:
Thats like hoping for a miracle.

Wow this topic has been inactive for the last few days. People had too much of T20 cricket? I have been too busy. I am watching an IPL game after almost a week. :D
As a Mumbai supporter its disappointing that we were out. All the losses were so close but we couldnt handle pressure. I went to watch the game against punjab. We could have won so easily but they made a mess. And then against Rajasthan the same happened. :cry

Probably because the teams most of us were supporting are out of the semi-finals. Also, since there is a game on every single day the interest level goes down slightly.
Today's result was unexpected to me. I thought this would have been a much more competitive match. I don't consider Punjab to be a very strong team, but they have managed to win most of their matches mainly because of Marsh. I was expecting another fine performance from him, but the law of averages finally caught up with him. Except him and Sangakkara, who chose to walk today, none of their other batsmen have scored even 300 runs.

I'm expecting Rajasthan to win the finals, but anything can happen on a given day in a T20 game. Lets hope it turns out to be exciting unlike the semi-final games.

chennai has fropped pathan twice. i think they have dropped the IPL trophy. rajasthan are going along very comfortably now.

It's going down to the wire folks. Yusuf is out now and it's upto Warne and Tanvir to score the winning runs. Just as I write, Warne hits a four! 8 off the last six balls. Surely Rajasthan can't lose now, can they?

They've done it! Rajasthan have won the final! Wow, what an exciting final it was! Went down to the last ball of the innings. Now that was worth all the hype. I think Rajasthan deservingly won this match, another good performance by Yusuf Pathan with the bat and bowl! Sohail Tanvir was expensive with the ball today but he made amends for that by scoring the winning run off the last ball of the match.

this was worthy of a final tag. great way to finish the ipl. im very happy for rajasthan. they played like champions throughout and deserved to win. they are the last team anyone would have thought would win at the start of the tournament.

Fantastic game! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Chennai could have won this game if they had taken the chances offered by Yusug Pathan. I think they way Rajasthan have played thoughout this tournament, they deserved lift the (expensive but rather ugly) trophy.

Back