Injuries After Leg Spin?

Hi Guys,

Don't know if the question has been asked already on the thread but wondering if anyone has been experiencing similar problems to me:

I'm a part time legspinner - I have been bowling leg spin all my life.

Recently, however, I've noticed that I develop a serious debilitating pain in the ring finger of my right hand (between the bottom of my hand and the first joint) every time I start my spell. I tend to use my fingers far more than my wrist to impart spin. After 4 balls, the pain becomes quite accute. I do tend to bowl through it but suffer quite a lot afterwards.

This has only started happenning in the last year or so - any similar experiences - any idea what I might be suffering from?

Hi Guys,

Don't know if the question has been asked already on the thread but wondering if anyone has been experiencing similar problems to me:

I'm a part time legspinner - I have been bowling leg spin all my life.

Recently, however, I've noticed that I develop a serious debilitating pain in the ring finger of my right hand (between the bottom of my hand and the first joint) every time I start my spell. I tend to use my fingers far more than my wrist to impart spin. After 4 balls, the pain becomes quite accute. I do tend to bowl through it but suffer quite a lot afterwards.

This has only started happenning in the last year or so - any similar experiences - any idea what I might be suffering from?
This sounds worrying. Maybe RSI?

I have some suggestions of alternative therapies you could throw at it if you are interested. I have been using three things for my current rotator cuff tendinopathy and feel they are really helping.

Back