keeping out yorkers

Re: keeping out yorkers

Just go naturally, I say. You just have to teach yourself to do these things so that they become almost second nature. Kind of like the drive if you think about it. Both are full balls which haven't lost pace off the pitch, you just need to drill it into your subconscious

ads m8 one thing u DONT!! wanna do is... worry about a yorker so much that u will pre-meditate the shot... easiest way or gettin out or injured... play ball by ball..

AUSSIE_BOY said:
ads m8 one thing u DONT!! wanna do is... worry about a yorker so much that u will pre-meditate the shot... easiest way or gettin out or injured... play ball by ball..

Definately. I never said premeditate, just play a yorker as soon as you see one. It is a hard concept to explain.

yeah i agree manee.. just mentioning the fact that if u get worried about the yorker... and only practice playin.. premeditation may occur.... but i agree with everything u guys have said :D

Yay, someone agrees with me!!

But try that exercise i mentioned a bit earlier. Get a mate to give you throw downs, varying between half volleys, full tosses and yorkers. It may not be the best exercise but it worked for me. It would be better to get someone to bowl those at you, but its just tough to find someone accurate enough, unless you are close friends with either Glenn McGrath or Stuart Clark that is :laugh:

And if you get comfortable playing them, you can try what i did and glided it through the slips. Turned a wicket taking ball into 2 runs, and it sure upset the bowler :laugh:

jimmy to do this do u angle the bat slightly towards slips...

i have scored of yorkers by flicking them down leg...

Im not sure if i would be game enough to do that, but yorkers are actually quite easy to score off if you get it right. Such as pushing it onto the on-side when square leg and midwicket are to deep, its an easy single

Back