Left-arm Chinaman *help*. Please! Its A Request!

undertaker7862

Hi y'all!
I read some of the threads posted, and all you guys have helped them out. So, I guess this is the place where i'll get some help.
I am a chinaman bowler. The problem is that I can't bowl the stock delivery. I can bowl the Wrong-un pretty well, and can spin it very far. but I just can't bowl the stock delivery. If there's a chinaman bowler here, then make a bowling tutorial on how you bowl the chinaman (stock delivery). It'll be pretty much appreciated. Please reply, cause there's no other place where i can get any help.
Thanks!

bowling chinaman's is the same concept as bowling a leg break, so it would be worth your time looking at those and just doing the same left handed.... however the difference between bowling a chinaman and a wrong un is just wrist position. when you bowl a wrong un the back of your hand is facing the batsman when you release the ball...a top spinner the back of your hand faces yourself, and for a chinaman you want the palm of your hand facing down the wicket when you release the ball.

bowling chinaman's is the same concept as bowling a leg break, so it would be worth your time looking at those and just doing the same left handed.... however the difference between bowling a chinaman and a wrong un is just wrist position. when you bowl a wrong un the back of your hand is facing the batsman when you release the ball...a top spinner the back of your hand faces yourself, and for a chinaman you want the palm of your hand facing down the wicket when you release the ball.

Thank you for you comment. Are you a Chinaman bowler?

unfortunately No, i coached him as part of a representative squad and we didn't take footage... but if you wanna have a look youtube brad hogg... pretty good exponent of the art!

unfortunately No, i coached him as part of a representative squad and we didn't take footage... but if you wanna have a look youtube brad hogg... pretty good exponent of the art!
Oh, well that's okay. You gave me some pretty good tips and i'll try working on them ASAP. Thank you for all your comments!

Maybe. So, what's the solution for this "Googly Syndrome"?

You might have to work on getting your palm more or less facing the batsman as you release. At the moment you must have the back of your hand facing the batsman as you let go.

You can work on it by using a wall to bowl against. Stand a few feet away from the wall and just using your arm, wrist and fingers spin the ball off the wall. You have to release the ball with the palm facing the wall to get your stock ball, which in your case should spin to the right off the wall. If you release the ball with the back of the hand facing the wall you should see the ball spin to the left and you dont want that so much at the moment.

You might have to work on getting your palm more or less facing the batsman as you release. At the moment you must have the back of your hand facing the batsman as you let go.

You can work on it by using a wall to bowl against. Stand a few feet away from the wall and just using your arm, wrist and fingers spin the ball off the wall. You have to release the ball with the palm facing the wall to get your stock ball, which in your case should spin to the right off the wall. If you release the ball with the back of the hand facing the wall you should see the ball spin to the left and you dont want that so much at the moment.
I'll try that. Thank you for the tip. Are you a chinaman bowler?

Hi y'all!
I read some of the threads posted, and all you guys have helped them out. So, I guess this is the place where i'll get some help.
I am a chinaman bowler. The problem is that I can't bowl the stock delivery. I can bowl the Wrong-un pretty well, and can spin it very far. but I just can't bowl the stock delivery. If there's a chinaman bowler here, then make a bowling tutorial on how you bowl the chinaman (stock delivery). It'll be pretty much appreciated. Please reply, cause there's no other place where i can get any help.
Thanks!
So you're saying that you've never been able to bowl the stock delivery? Suggest you go through Macca's tip but otherwise just take things slowly, bowling a googly is an extreme twisting of the wrist whereas when you bowl a left handed legbreak (a chinaman) you won't have the same feeling of 'doing something'.

If Macca's advice doesn't work; practice just rolling the ball out of your fingers for a chinaman without any action from your wrist at all, when you get used to that (and can control it) slowly start bringing the wrist action in so you get used to the 'feel' of bowling a chinaman properly. There's a phrase called 'going round the loop' (leg break to topspinner to googly) that all wrist spinners can go through (even me with my weird grip!), once you have got your chinaman going I suggest you start to practice the loop as well so you get the feel of those 3 basic wrist spinning deliveries.

So you're saying that you've never been able to bowl the stock delivery? Suggest you go through Macca's tip but otherwise just take things slowly, bowling a googly is an extreme twisting of the wrist whereas when you bowl a left handed legbreak (a chinaman) you won't have the same feeling of 'doing something'.

If Macca's advice doesn't work; practice just rolling the ball out of your fingers for a chinaman without any action from your wrist at all, when you get used to that (and can control it) slowly start bringing the wrist action in so you get used to the 'feel' of bowling a chinaman properly. There's a phrase called 'going round the loop' (leg break to topspinner to googly) that all wrist spinners can go through (even me with my weird grip!), once you have got your chinaman going I suggest you start to practice the loop as well so you get the feel of those 3 basic wrist spinning deliveries.
Yea I was never able to bowl the chinaman. I just started with the wrong-un. I got it, what you're saying. I'll practice it till i get it right! So, are you a chinaman bowler?

I just bowled my first stock delivery!!! It didn't spin that far but still, I deceived my brother with it. He thought it was gonna be a googly, but it just came right in and BAM! the bails fell off. Its because of you guys I was able to bowl it. Thank you very much! Now, I'll practice it more so that I can spin it miles!
Thank you again!

Hello i am also a left arm chinamen bowler and i am doing pretty well so my advice to you is to get a side on action and make sure your wrist movement is going in as in roatating in the correct direction sometimess my stock ball wont spin and that is because i did not have my wrist in the correct position make sure you are holding the ball correctly if not sure g online and serch how a china man should grip a ball ect. hope this helps see you in the national team:D

Back