Left-arm Chinaman *help*. Please! Its A Request!

Hello i am also a left arm chinamen bowler and i am doing pretty well so my advice to you is to get a side on action and make sure your wrist movement is going in as in roatating in the correct direction sometimess my stock ball wont spin and that is because i did not have my wrist in the correct position make sure you are holding the ball correctly if not sure g online and serch how a china man should grip a ball ect. hope this helps see you in the national team:D
Hmm. Okay I'll try it. Hah! National team? I can't even go there in my dreams. :(

I just bowled my first stock delivery!!! It didn't spin that far but still, I deceived my brother with it. He thought it was gonna be a googly, but it just came right in and BAM! the bails fell off. Its because of you guys I was able to bowl it. Thank you very much! Now, I'll practice it more so that I can spin it miles!
Thank you again!

Congratulations. In case you need more help- use what Dave refers to as karate-chop method where you will start off your wrist turned all the way (anticlockwise for your case) with the arm almost as if you were doing a karate-chop.
The other thing that helps to get the turn back is staying less side-on.

Congratulations. In case you need more help- use what Dave refers to as karate-chop method where you will start off your wrist turned all the way (anticlockwise for your case) with the arm almost as if you were doing a karate-chop.
The other thing that helps to get the turn back is staying less side-on.
Okay I'll try that method if I don't get more spin. Thanks for the advice.

Hi y'all!
I read some of the threads posted, and all you guys have helped them out. So, I guess this is the place where i'll get some help.
I am a chinaman bowler. The problem is that I can't bowl the stock delivery. I can bowl the Wrong-un pretty well, and can spin it very far. but I just can't bowl the stock delivery. If there's a chinaman bowler here, then make a bowling tutorial on how you bowl the chinaman (stock delivery). It'll be pretty much appreciated. Please reply, cause there's no other place where i can get any help.
Thanks!

Yeah you've got Googly syndrome. You need to think about not bowling your Googly/wrong un (the one that goes away from the RH bat) for a period of time and focus on your stock ball (the one that turns into the RH bat) focus on your wrist position - think about where it is, if you've got it really bad you may have to try and bowl where YOU feel like your wrist has been turned so far round it almost feels like you're bowling with a karate chop action. Try that and see if you get an improvement.

Yeah you've got Googly syndrome. You need to think about not bowling your Googly/wrong un (the one that goes away from the RH bat) for a period of time and focus on your stock ball (the one that turns into the RH bat) focus on your wrist position - think about where it is, if you've got it really bad you may have to try and bowl where YOU feel like your wrist has been turned so far round it almost feels like you're bowling with a karate chop action. Try that and see if you get an improvement.
Now I am able to bowl my stock delivery. It is still very inaccurate and doesn't spin at all. But, still it is better than before. I wanna ask you one thing, does bowling the stock delivery involves the use of fingers or we just have to use the wrist? I've never heard of karate chop action. You got any video of yourself bowling with that action?

Now I am able to bowl my stock delivery. It is still very inaccurate and doesn't spin at all. But, still it is better than before. I wanna ask you one thing, does bowling the stock delivery involves the use of fingers or we just have to use the wrist? I've never heard of karate chop action. You got any video of yourself bowling with that action?

There's this youtube demo - but it's a bit ropey, but it may give you some idea of what I mean, have a look here. With regards the fingers, yeah the fingers are involved, some people say that leg spin bowlers come in 2 varieties "Rollers" and "Flickers" and the biggest spinners of the ball are the flickers. The ball, in the orthodox flicker approach, is flicked off the 3rd (ring finger) out of the front of the hand, this is combined with the wrist also flicking or possibly a better description - "Unfurling". The "Roller" on the other hand unfurls (Flicks) the wrist and rolls the ball off the 3rd finger. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

There's this youtube demo - but it's a bit ropey, but it may give you some idea of what I mean, have a look here. With regards the fingers, yeah the fingers are involved, some people say that leg spin bowlers come in 2 varieties "Rollers" and "Flickers" and the biggest spinners of the ball are the flickers. The ball, in the orthodox flicker approach, is flicked off the 3rd (ring finger) out of the front of the hand, this is combined with the wrist also flicking or possibly a better description - "Unfurling". The "Roller" on the other hand unfurls (Flicks) the wrist and rolls the ball off the 3rd finger. Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.
Hmm. I'll try it and let you know ASAP. Thanks for the help!

Hey undertaker, I am a left arm leg spinner as well, have you mastered your stock ball yet? If so do you have any chinaman specific tips for me? Thanks

Back