MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat 2010/11

How is everyone looking this season? I know we have definately picked up at least two A GRade players, but we have lost a couple as well.

mmvca;404161 said:
How is everyone looking this season? I know we have definately picked up at least two A GRade players, but we have lost a couple as well.
From what i hear and not being in the inner sanctom Pacoe have recruited a couple of bats which is good. Have not herd if Dom wants to captain as yet sounds like a few older players willing to do the job will have to wait and see..

mmvca;404161 said:

Who have you lost appart from brownie??

mmvca;404427 said:
Brad Hunter

The highest A Turf run scorer of all time for the club (over 1000 runs in 2 & half seasons) followed by the leading wicket taker......Close the doors!!
Not a mention in the team of the century!!:mad:

mmvca;404093 said:
Not true mate.

Wake up champ... the smoke from St Andrews or the solid 1st 2 or 3 in batting line up at Glenroy are just a laugh for the VTCA standard even in B2..
Bananas in pajamas...

Butterfingers;404514 said:
Pacoe have a reasonable deck for finals....they enjoy other sides playing on it!!
You are spot on there, lets hope we can turn that around over the next few years. gone from the team of last 2 years are the terra brothers, B. Preston the Garvin brothers At this stage M.Pallini But he always says he finished.So 6 older blokes gone in with youth who knows maybe just what we needed a cleanout.

3D-503;404532 said:
You are spot on there, lets hope we can turn that around over the next few years. gone from the team of last 2 years are the terra brothers, B. Preston the Garvin brothers At this stage M.Pallini But he always says he finished.So 6 older blokes gone in with youth who knows maybe just what we needed a cleanout.

Preston will be a lose, I think he was under bowled especially against us. The Garvin boys are young enough for the club to be wanting them to stay. Where have they gone? Different comp, retired etc..... Maybe a long season next year given you can't get ready made experienced players and I understand the process but there needs to be some retention of the senior players to move the club forward. I know that leaves Dom, Plugger and Brett but those other boys provide some talent together with an older head. Wholesale changes may not be the answer but without knowing this maybe the club moving forward in terms of culture??

Guru14;404538 said:
Preston will be a lose, I think he was under bowled especially against us. The Garvin boys are young enough for the club to be wanting them to stay. Where have they gone? Different comp, retired etc..... Maybe a long season next year given you can't get ready made experienced players and I understand the process but there needs to be some retention of the senior players to move the club forward. I know that leaves Dom, Plugger and Brett but those other boys provide some talent together with an older head. Wholesale changes may not be the answer but without knowing this maybe the club moving forward in terms of culture??
The Garvin boys and Preston have Gone to nwca to play on mats, they did not want to stay so all the best to them they are always welcome back down the track. In regards to retaining some senior players you are spot on as far as i know Dom has Plugger, Brett, Stingers and Betchy and mayby M. Pallini thats 5 and if Mark plays on 6. Prob a long year but need to start somwhere hopefully the kid will come through.

Butterfingers;404513 said:
Wake up champ... the smoke from St Andrews or the solid 1st 2 or 3 in batting line up at Glenroy are just a laugh for the VTCA standard even in B2..
Bananas in pajamas...

LOL you obviously do your homework !!!NOT!!! if you did you would know that i was runner up in the comp bowling average in north A1 in a premiership side before coming to play with mates at St Andrews and there would be 10 to 15 blokes in this comp that could quite easily dominate the Vtca competition. There is alot of good players in this comp and maybe if the clubs could pay as much as the vtca do or have an overseas import like each club in the vtca do then you would see this comp become one of the better competitions going around!!! Can't wait for the 10/11 season should be a very even competition. One team to watch are Socials this year some very good recruits with fitzy,pitts,gibbard and vernon to compliment the likes of toll and kite will be hard to beat!!!

One team to watch are Socials this year some very good recruits with fitzy,pitts,gibbard and vernon to compliment the likes of toll and kite will be hard to beat!!!
Today 01:04

gee if socials have those quality players back and maybe pick up Campbell they will be very very strong

3D-503;404542 said:
The Garvin boys and Preston have Gone to nwca to play on mats, they did not want to stay so all the best to them they are always welcome back down the track. In regards to retaining some senior players you are spot on as far as i know Dom has Plugger, Brett, Stingers and Betchy and mayby M. Pallini thats 5 and if Mark plays on 6. Prob a long year but need to start somwhere hopefully the kid will come through.

What club have they gone too?

justoutsideoff;404665 said:
does anyone know the outcome of merlo's meeting......... are they off to vtca or staying here............

What you mean going to the VTCA???

Sainters_3_Peat;404557 said:
LOL you obviously do your homework !!!NOT!!! if you did you would know that i was runner up in the comp bowling average in north A1 in a premiership side before coming to play with mates at St Andrews and there would be 10 to 15 blokes in this comp that could quite easily dominate the Vtca competition. There is alot of good players in this comp and maybe if the clubs could pay as much as the vtca do or have an overseas import like each club in the vtca do then you would see this comp become one of the better competitions going around!!! Can't wait for the 10/11 season should be a very even competition. One team to watch are Socials this year some very good recruits with fitzy,pitts,gibbard and vernon to compliment the likes of toll and kite will be hard to beat!!!

Might have to check some of your sources, there Smoke. There's at least two there that I know aren't playing there, with a third highly unlikely.

Guru14;404667 said:
What you mean going to the VTCA???

The news is that the MMVCA have lost a great club. Merlo off to the VTCA. Wish Roger and the boys all the success in the world and whilst it's a great day for Merlo - a sad day for the MMVCA.

Will this be the first of many?

Back