MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MMVCA General Cricket Chat

Sniffin Around;353140 said:
Word is the VTCA are taking on new Clubs this Season as part of their re structure, but have a policy of not chasing clubs, they wait for Clubs to approach them.
What about your mob Guru ? Would they have a crack, and would they be up to it ?

Sniffin I would love them at some stage to consider having a crack, I think they are probably 1 or 2 players short of really making an impact but 1 or 2 could get you a long way in the VTCA. My opinion is that the VTCA allows better cricket sides to progress and play against some good cricketers whether they be ex district, great park cricketers etc. If you are not interested in progressing you can still play a level the club is comfortable with and if that was the case then there would be no reason to leave the MMVCA. As a board you would make a decision on the future of where the club wanted to go, look at Tullamarine, greenvale and Westmeadows all three are now playing one level below a grade that would go ok against the better sub district sides and the middle of the road district ones. That's something I would love to think the kids coming through would love to do at some stage. Nice to walk away and say I tried to play the best standard that was available to me!

My Captain said:
12thman I do not know what you are on about, I did not say that a turf player is better than a matting player. I simply said that some NWCA teams wanted to play on turf, and at the merger talks the NWCA kept saying that no change would of been done in the turf grades for at least 2 years. And now the next year Taylors Lakes have gone to the VTCA.It just seems sus?

I for one am glad we did not merge we have a fantastic comp as it is,i can play a good standed of cricket and then have a beer with pretty much any player from the opposing team due to the fact that most players are good people in this comp. Hows the recruiting going any news on whos got who.

Guru14;353300 said:
Sniffin I would love them at some stage to consider having a crack, I think they are probably 1 or 2 players short of really making an impact but 1 or 2 could get you a long way in the VTCA. My opinion is that the VTCA allows better cricket sides to progress and play against some good cricketers whether they be ex district, great park cricketers etc. If you are not interested in progressing you can still play a level the club is comfortable with and if that was the case then there would be no reason to leave the MMVCA. As a board you would make a decision on the future of where the club wanted to go, look at Tullamarine, greenvale and Westmeadows all three are now playing one level below a grade that would go ok against the better sub district sides and the middle of the road district ones. That's something I would love to think the kids coming through would love to do at some stage. Nice to walk away and say I tried to play the best standard that was available to me!

A middle of the road District would easily account for any Sub District side, it would be a no contest.

has anyone heard any news on the recruiting front for the coming season

also with any new coaches and the re appointted ones
:) aha

I know for a fact Saint Andrews usually always have the AGM on the last Monday in school term 2 (which would of been last Monday) and they always strive to announce who will be coaching the club and the 1st XI on that night to the members. If Stuey Homer and Lumpy have anything to do with this I am sure that this would of happened so any of the boys from St Andrews have any info they would like to share with us all? Den Iknow your a frequnt follower of this forum being President you have any news you can share with us?

Question

Hi guys, funny forum to read. I have two questions & two slabs with a mate on the outcome.

1/ Is there a rule in the association that states no player payments, only the coach is allowed payments.

2/ If a club pulls a side out of a grade & another club steps into that grade to prevent a bye.
The following season, can the club who pulled their side out re-enter the same grade or do they have to wait for another club to pull out?

Meant to ask you a question Guru, but i put it in a thread.
Beer & Bourban chasers dont mix. Please have a look, like to know the answers.
Cheers

upthesaints;353895 said:
I know for a fact Saint Andrews usually always have the AGM on the last Monday in school term 2 (which would of been last Monday) and they always strive to announce who will be coaching the club and the 1st XI on that night to the members. If Stuey Homer and Lumpy have anything to do with this I am sure that this would of happened so any of the boys from St Andrews have any info they would like to share with us all? Den Iknow your a frequnt follower of this forum being President you have any news you can share with us?

all i know is the Denis has been re-appointed for the following season
go saints.

Re: Question

luke warm;353946 said:
Hi guys, funny forum to read. I have two questions & two slabs with a mate on the outcome.

1/ Is there a rule in the association that states no player payments, only the coach is allowed payments.

2/ If a club pulls a side out of a grade & another club steps into that grade to prevent a bye.
The following season, can the club who pulled their side out re-enter the same grade or do they have to wait for another club to pull out?

MMVCA Rules

1) Can only pay coach - no players

2) You can try and enter a side in any grade when applying. Do not have to wait for a spot if you were entering in the bottom two grades (C Turf or C Mats) or One Day Comp although the Comp Exec has final say. Don't like to have byes, but will if it is in the bottom grades

bomber27;354059 said:
MMVCA Rules

2) You can try and enter a side in any grade when applying. Do not have to wait for a spot if you were entering in the bottom two grades (C Turf or C Mats) or One Day Comp although the Comp Exec has final say. Don't like to have byes, but will if it is in the bottom grades

Thanks mate, thought so on second one.
First one I was way off. mmmm

bomber27;354059 said:
MMVCA Rules

spoken like a true exec member Bomber!

luke warm;354066 said:
Thanks mate, thought so on second one.

Which 1 is it Luke.
Surprised only the coach gets paid.
Shocked that clubs ( not all ) have under the table payments 2 players although against comp rules.
Your now feeling guilty about accepting payments & want to hand your payments back?

bomber27;354635 said:
Interesting to see that RMIT are looking for a share in a Turf wicket this season.
what grade would they be likely to start in, are they just looking into it or are the full on wanting to get onto turf

RooBoy;355511 said:
how will that work??

I doubt it will happen. I just know that they are looking for a turf wicket, so they can enter a team on turf. They are contacting clubs to see if they can share a wicket. Maybe they are looking to use a clubs wicket on a Sunday and play in B or C Turf.
They probaly don't realise that the council runs our wickets and not the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back