Money Shield 2012/13

Thats exactly how I know they won't win it pinhead. My experience tells me that in ffinals if you make the mistakes I saw yesterday you won't win. More pressure in finals.. Hope I'm proven wrong but I doubt it! Butera never been a technically strong captain. Unusual field settings yesterday.. We'll see. Haven't seen Rosanna but if stats mean anything, and they generally do, they hardest to beat!
haha, pinhead hey? No need to be so aggressive ya pelican........your 31 yrs experience should also tell you that a 40 over one day game is a bit different to an 80 over a side final, don't get me wrong Dermie, there far from home, but geez, wouldn't be writing them off.

Now, if results go according to ladder position, and if there are no outrights or washouts, the final ladder will be:
Gbh 72
Ros 63
L/S 57
Hbg 54
---------
Mty 45
L/P 45
Elt 39
B/U 39
Ban 39
P/H 28
S/M 24
---------
Hdb 21
T/U 21
Whi 3

Monty plays Lalor next round, and that may decide the season for both of them.
Bridge, Mont and Eltham are all yet to play Whittlesea.
If Heidelberg beats Banyule next round, SM drops into the relegation zone.
If SM also beats Banyule in the following round, Banyule drops back into the firing line.

With % being vital for sides, there might be some more said about umpires pulling up stumps if "no outright result" is deemed possible in the next 3 games.

In this grade, at least, the only cases where percentage is tight and might be relevant are Mont/Lalor and Banyule/Hberg.
As a general rule, I would have thought percentage only alters significantly in garbage time in the fairly rare case of a lower order batting collapse by the winners.

get stuffed gongbeater. ill say whatever i want whenever i want and you can either read it or sod off. and ive been around longer than you and probably achieved more than you also so ill keep giving it to clubs that are pretenders. t.utds stats speak for themselves, including when snowy was coach you tool. although he got shafted.. as for the stars, always been a 'couldnt give a toss' type of club. ask anyone - their warm ups are infamous. so back off tiger. write what you want. my club has been in the top 6 most successful over the last 15years. and when i started playing 'a' grade (barclay) in 1988 we were 1 of the best. who i am or who i play for aint that relevant

if your definition of could'nt give a toss is that we dont jump off a bridge when we play bad then you are right . As for our warm ups yes 3 years ago our warm ups were at times non existent but over the last 2 years we have changed that . In saying that i have also seen teams train an hour before the game only to get bowled out for under 100 . As for the thommo united game they beat us and they wont be the only team to beat us

Interesting weekend of results. Eltham and Bundoora United are out of the race. Geez you'd rather have had Lower Plenty in the early part of the season than now.

I don't think the 4 will change, but LP and Mont still a red hot chance. If Mont knock Lalor Stars off this game and with Whittlesea next game they're a huge chance of making it.

GB v Rosanna - I think Rosanna are the benchmark, everyone I've spoken to agree. Should be a good match with top spot and bragging rights up for grabs. Other than that not a lot rides on it.

HB v Banyule - I though both of these sides might be facing the prospect of going down. I think Banyule are probably now ahead of the curve and if HB win this one then they're a huge chance of staying up.

Panton Hill - Its been such a tight season that they've gone from being just outside the 8 to just outside the relegation zone in the space of two matches. They've had some close ones but not been able to take home the chocolates. I think they're a huge chance of following Whittlesea (Gone Gone Goooone) and TU (still have a pulse) down. Will be hoping Motch can win them

Should be an interesting round. Match of the round is HB and Banyule with so much riding on it for Heidelberg. I'll back them to put Banyule pedestrian bowling attack to the sword. If they can't then they probably don't deserve to stay up.

Interesting weekend of results. Eltham and Bundoora United are out of the race. Geez you'd rather have had Lower Plenty in the early part of the season than now.

I don't think the 4 will change, but LP and Mont still a red hot chance. If Mont knock Lalor Stars off this game and with Whittlesea next game they're a huge chance of making it.

GB v Rosanna - I think Rosanna are the benchmark, everyone I've spoken to agree. Should be a good match with top spot and bragging rights up for grabs. Other than that not a lot rides on it.

HB v Banyule - I though both of these sides might be facing the prospect of going down. I think Banyule are probably now ahead of the curve and if HB win this one then they're a huge chance of staying up.

Panton Hill - Its been such a tight season that they've gone from being just outside the 8 to just outside the relegation zone in the space of two matches. They've had some close ones but not been able to take home the chocolates. I think they're a huge chance of following Whittlesea (Gone Gone Goooone) and TU (still have a pulse) down. Will be hoping Motch can win them

Should be an interesting round. Match of the round is HB and Banyule with so much riding on it for Heidelberg. I'll back them to put Banyule pedestrian bowling attack to the sword. If they can't then they probably don't deserve to stay up.

Huge week and end to the one day lottery. Games coming down to the last over, just shows that sides must be on for all 80 overs, a 5 over burst from a side can change the course of a match and therefore season.
Disappointing losing both of our one day games, and 3 of 4 around Xmas, but still looking for a positive end to the season, with some good solid 2 day cricket. Interesting to see if sides can switch back to batting 80 overs this weekend.
Massive games coming up, GB v Rosanna - interesting to see if both sides play at full strength to give anything away. Top 2 finish already guaranteed.
HB v Banyule, shaping as season defining for Heidelberg, if they win, I think PH might struggle to stay up unless Motch can win them a game.
Lalor stars will be trying to shut the door on the top 4 with a win over Mont. An upset win by Mont, who then have 2 outright games to finish could get in.
Eltham, BU and Lower will all be hoping that Stars falter like a Sharapova forehand now that we are back to the 2 day format.
Likely top 4 is all sorted after this game, and we can all start worrying who will be joining Whittlesea in B grade next year.

Well mate, doesn't look like Stan's gonna hand it over just coz you ask nicely!;)
I reckon Bun Utd have enough, but wouldn't want to get done or that puts them right into religation contention, NO Daniel Smith at Morang this week could keep Lower's finals chance's alive, great effort by Morang to get 235 after being 9/137, Mont still have a bit of batting left in there chase to keep them alive, but I think they'll fall short........make or break this saturday.

HB are safe now, stars will want to win to keep some others of there backs. Should be interesting finals series. Been the best 4 teams all year. Rosanna look to be in trouble against Gb. I went and watched gb and bridge and bridge should of won so really it's right up for grabs this year.

Rosanna. Gun team. Would rather see them win and see them kick ass in Barclay. Greesborough. Seem like the team most love to hate. Rosanna, mostly home grown, juniors that have risen through the ranks. Greensborough. Imports and bought players. Butera annoys me with arrogant shimmy he does just before the bowler bowls ans then runs off the field like a tool just for extra attention when he gets out. Average of 30. Not worth the cash for mine. Go Rosanna.

Jimboosaka - might pay to take it one week at a time. Money Shield finals are hard enough to win.
Did Rosanna even win HDCA grand final last year ? Hence my point.

Jimboosaka - might pay to take it one week at a time. Money Shield finals are hard enough to win.
Did Rosanna even win HDCA grand final last year ? Hence my point.
Serg, I did say I would "rather" see Rosanna win. I didn's say Rosanna "will" win. However, your point is valid. Money shield are hard to win, even if clubs like Greensborough try to buy one. I suppose its been proven over the years that money doens't guarantee a flag. I just prefer Rosanna because they have produced most of their own talent as opposed to trying to buy one.

Well mate, doesn't look like Stan's gonna hand it over just coz you ask nicely!;)
Yeah, we know that. Good game, battled back from 3/20 & 5/71 to post a decent total. And getting Browny out late on was just what we wanted.
I'll back Rosanna with some good bats to come, but the Anthony Mundine of Money (G'borough)may just have the determination to prove a lot of people wrong.
Lalor to do enough to lock the door on the top 4.

Yeah, we know that. Good game, battled back from 3/20 & 5/71 to post a decent total. And getting Browny out late on was just what we wanted.
I'll back Rosanna with some good bats to come, but the Anthony Mundine of Money (G'borough)may just have the determination to prove a lot of people wrong.
Lalor to do enough to lock the door on the top 4.

Unless Whale does it for the 400th or 500th time.

Interesting week, a few even contests.

I think Lower will chase 235 against a listless SM bowling attack to keep there finals chances alive.

Eltham should win. Huge chase for PH, without Grimshaw I don't think they've got enough guys to chase it down. Would be nice to see them do it as it might be enough to keep them up. Every game a relegation game for them. A loss would end Eltham's season. Although they probably need an outright to be a realistic chance.

Huge chance for Heidelberg. Must defend 240 against one of the better batting line ups. If Banyule win they'll have don enough. Toss a coin. I'd rather runs on the board I think.

I think Monty can win this one. 3/25 chasing 158 their important batsmen are at the crease or yet to bat. If they lose they don't deserve to play finals, if they win I think they'll make the 4.

I think Rosanna will win this, take top spot and rightly be considered favourite to win it.

Thomastown's top score this season is 9/183. I think BU have enough.

Hurstbridge well in front in this one. A few early wickets this week and they'll be thinking 10 points and a very outside chance of putting some pressure on for 2nd spot. 6 should see them pretty comfortable in the top 4.

Interesting week, a few even contests.

I think Lower will chase 235 against a listless SM bowling attack to keep there finals chances alive.

Eltham should win. Huge chase for PH, without Grimshaw I don't think they've got enough guys to chase it down. Would be nice to see them do it as it might be enough to keep them up. Every game a relegation game for them. A loss would end Eltham's season. Although they probably need an outright to be a realistic chance.

Huge chance for Heidelberg. Must defend 240 against one of the better batting line ups. If Banyule win they'll have don enough. Toss a coin. I'd rather runs on the board I think.

I think Monty can win this one. 3/25 chasing 158 their important batsmen are at the crease or yet to bat. If they lose they don't deserve to play finals, if they win I think they'll make the 4.

I think Rosanna will win this, take top spot and rightly be considered favourite to win it.

Thomastown's top score this season is 9/183. I think BU have enough.

Hurstbridge well in front in this one. A few early wickets this week and they'll be thinking 10 points and a very outside chance of putting some pressure on for 2nd spot. 6 should see them pretty comfortable in the top 4.

Great analysis,
I can see Lower getting the runs, but without Conlan, McHugh (ave 19), Potter (15), Bowers (19) will need runs, and a lot will be left to Scanlon and Zerrafa (2nd game back). Daniel Smith will need to bowl 20 +. Massive 98 extra runs by number 10 & 11 could hurt Lower.

Heidelberg bowlers have not performed well this year, will be a great chase. Banyule to get the runs, and put Heid back in relegation trouble.

Eltham should lob and keep PH in the bottom four....nervous times.

Just 2 rounds to go
No upsets, no washouts and no outrights and the ladder ends up like this

Ros 69
Gbh 66
Hbg 54
Mty 51
L/S 51
Elt 39
B/U 39
L/P 39
S/M 36
Hdb 33
Ban 27
P/H 22
T/U 21
Whi 3

Lalor and Mont are very very close on percentage.
If Panton Hill beats Heidelberg this week, then Heidelberg and Banyule are both back in the relegation zone. That scungy outright against Tommies is looking more valuable every week.

Congrats to the boys from bund utd for winning the nuff nuff cup. First time in 10 years I heard.. Well if not this year then you never will. 2 rounds to go hey. More like 13 days till the real stuff starts - the footy that is. Go tiges!!

Back