Money Shield 2012/13

Are your mob in trouble Tongs? Pretty tough run home with Lower (back in form) and Rosanna - must win 1 of these 2.

I have Banyule (will win 2 of next 3) staying up - loser of Heidelberg / Panton Hill will go down, as will TU (real tough run) and Whittlsea (gone).
Bun Utd / Mont / Eltham / Lower - all need to go unbeaten to make the finals with Lalor having an easier run.

One outright might be enough, United have Thommo / Eltham have Whittlesea / Lower have South Morang / Mont have South Morang and Whittlesea.

Are you serious? How can anyone take lalor stars seriously after getting beat by t.utd!! Eltham will pump them.. Gboro and Rosanna only certainties to make finals. Rest up for grabs. Just as interesting is the battle for relegation. W'sea are gonski. Sth morang need to pull finger out and if 3 teams end up going down then t.u, lower and p.hill look shaky

Pretty happy with my prediction so far. On form Stars should win every match but I see them maybe dropping one along the way.

Hurstbridge should win two. But like someone mentioned, don't want an off day. Unbeaten in one dayers I'm sure they'd like to sneak a win against Greensborough this week for some breathing space.

Eltham with games against Lower and Rosanna have probably blown it. But, there's always a chance Minney will bat Rosanna out of the game (with plenty of guys capable of playing a support role). Percentage is good, and are an outside chance to pick up 10 points against Whittlesea (will the wheels have fallen off completely by then) although by all rights, with their bowling attack shouldn't.

Mont are a sneaky chance but will have to get over Lalor Stars, but the rest of them are very winnable.
--------------

Bundoora United will have to win all their games to stand any chance. Are capable, but with a game against lalor stars and awful percentage are in my opinion out of the race.

I'd say it's a four horse race for two spots.

W'sea - Gone, only impact they can have is on the finals makeup.
H-berg - You always want to see a young side do well. Unfortunately I think they're on the way down
TU - Will be fighting skin and teeth to stay up. Next week is their grand final. Must win. Even if they do, I think Banyule will win 1 or 2 games and stay up.

my ladder is like this for the end of year but really who the F*** knows with weather and what not.

Rosanna 69
borough 69
stars 57
hbridge 55 - 10 against whit
butd 45
lower p 45
eltham 43 - 10 against whit
mont 39
morang 36
p hill 28
banyule 27
t utd 27
hberg 15
whit 3

as i said probably look nothing like but my guess anyway

and ill have a stab rosanna v stars granny, stars to win.

Pretty happy with my prediction so far. On form Stars should win every match but I see them maybe dropping one along the way.

Hurstbridge should win two. But like someone mentioned, don't want an off day. Unbeaten in one dayers I'm sure they'd like to sneak a win against Greensborough this week for some breathing space.

Eltham with games against Lower and Rosanna have probably blown it. But, there's always a chance Minney will bat Rosanna out of the game (with plenty of guys capable of playing a support role). Percentage is good, and are an outside chance to pick up 10 points against Whittlesea (will the wheels have fallen off completely by then) although by all rights, with their bowling attack shouldn't.

Mont are a sneaky chance but will have to get over Lalor Stars, but the rest of them are very winnable.
--------------

Bundoora United will have to win all their games to stand any chance. Are capable, but with a game against lalor stars and awful percentage are in my opinion out of the race.

I'd say it's a four horse race for two spots.

W'sea - Gone, only impact they can have is on the finals makeup.
H-berg - You always want to see a young side do well. Unfortunately I think they're on the way down
TU - Will be fighting skin and teeth to stay up. Next week is their grand final. Must win. Even if they do, I think Banyule will win 1 or 2 games and stay up.
blah blah blah you blokes. can we get fairdinkum and start potting a few players or clubs that are under performing! who cares who finishes where. im more interested in the nitty gritty stuff. and i stick by my comments on lalor stars. they are ordinary getting beaten by t.utd. it just means eltham are pretenders now if they cant beat lalor. greensborough are safe but after last few years when choked in finals they are no certainties. rosanna - dont get cocky! only beat the duds last week.. a lottery for 3rd and 4th. hope hurtsbridge sneak in. had ************ all success up there and while it will be an imported finals campaign id rather them win than the other imports from the hdca!

blah blah blah you blokes. can we get fairdinkum and start potting a few players or clubs that are under performing! who cares who finishes where. im more interested in the nitty gritty stuff. and i stick by my comments on lalor stars. they are ordinary getting beaten by t.utd. it just means eltham are pretenders now if they cant beat lalor. greensborough are safe but after last few years when choked in finals they are no certainties. rosanna - dont get cocky! only beat the duds last week.. a lottery for 3rd and 4th. hope hurtsbridge sneak in. had ************ all success up there and while it will be an imported finals campaign id rather them win than the other imports from the hdca!

Xenaphobia at its greatest. Isn't just one team versus another and may the best team win.

If Rosanna are good enough, good luck to them. If Borough win with some imports good luck to them.

Seriously, the paranoia of some DVCA posters is laughable.

If you are not good enough, join Sam Stosur in the cement queue at Bunnings.

Mate who cares what comp teams used to play in, we are all dvca now that's all that matters, yeah lalor was ordinary losing to thomo but a season is not determined by one game mate. Don't matter how many you win or lose you just got to do enough to make the four

More gold from former t.united player perhaps?. Mmm. I wonder.

More gold from former t.united player perhaps?. Mmm. I wonder.
Ah that's better. Keep throwing punches back you pinheads!! I bag any club that is underachieving or overrated so dont associate me with t.utd cos I've given it to 4 or 5 clubs. Just gets bloody boring reading you tools write about who will finish where or points or ladders. Who gives a french f... Just play and enjoy the great game and what will be will be. If you're good enough you will make it. If not don't get on here and make excuses. I won 5 flags but the 1 I didn't I never whinged about. Weren't good enough on the big stage! Reputations made in finals not now!!

Ah that's better. Keep throwing punches back you pinheads!! I bag any club that is underachieving or overrated so dont associate me with t.utd cos I've given it to 4 or 5 clubs. Just gets bloody boring reading you tools write about who will finish where or points or ladders. Who gives a french f... Just play and enjoy the great game and what will be will be. If you're good enough you will make it. If not don't get on here and make excuses. I won 5 flags but the 1 I didn't I never whinged about. Weren't good enough on the big stage! Reputations made in finals not now!!

Snowy or not Snowy, you are still a flog. Name another club that you have bagged, constantly digging it to a club that has done a great job in recovering from a shocking 18 months with an ego in charge. (Bagging Stars for losing to TU is not bagging Stars, it is simply digging further at TU.)
And big noting your own ability is not what this forum is about, we got rid of the Strangler and unless you are willing to put your name to your posts, there is no point saying how good you are (were).

Snowy or not Snowy, you are still a flog. Name another club that you have bagged, constantly digging it to a club that has done a great job in recovering from a shocking 18 months with an ego in charge. (Bagging Stars for losing to TU is not bagging Stars, it is simply digging further at TU.)
And big noting your own ability is not what this forum is about, we got rid of the Strangler and unless you are willing to put your name to your posts, there is no point saying how good you are (were).
get stuffed gongbeater. ill say whatever i want whenever i want and you can either read it or sod off. and ive been around longer than you and probably achieved more than you also so ill keep giving it to clubs that are pretenders. t.utds stats speak for themselves, including when snowy was coach you tool. although he got shafted.. as for the stars, always been a 'couldnt give a toss' type of club. ask anyone - their warm ups are infamous. so back off tiger. write what you want. my club has been in the top 6 most successful over the last 15years. and when i started playing 'a' grade (barclay) in 1988 we were 1 of the best. who i am or who i play for aint that relevant

As I had day off cricket, thought I'd drop into a couple of games to confirm my thoughts. Gotta say t.utd did well. Banyule are a shadow of the club they were 10 odd years ago but did enough. T.utd fight hard I'll give them that but are clearly short of quality. Should have made 20 more which would have been enough..gboro will not win flag!! Gave up a win in the hour and a half I watched when in the field. Obviously can bat ok but if keep them to 180 or less you are home (yes all, that's obvious) but especially with them. Can say 1 thing not bad day having 6 cans and watching some interesting cricket. May have to hang em up after 31 years..

As I had day off cricket, thought I'd drop into a couple of games to confirm my thoughts. Gotta say t.utd did well. Banyule are a shadow of the club they were 10 odd years ago but did enough. T.utd fight hard I'll give them that but are clearly short of quality. Should have made 20 more which would have been enough..gboro will not win flag!! Gave up a win in the hour and a half I watched when in the field. Obviously can bat ok but if keep them to 180 or less you are home (yes all, that's obvious) but especially with them. Can say 1 thing not bad day having 6 cans and watching some interesting cricket. May have to hang em up after 31 years..
Writing an unbeaten team off after an hour and a half of cricket, surely someone with 31 yrs experience and 5 flags would know better.....

Writing an unbeaten team off after an hour and a half of cricket, surely someone with 31 yrs experience and 5 flags would know better.....
Thats exactly how I know they won't win it pinhead. My experience tells me that in ffinals if you make the mistakes I saw yesterday you won't win. More pressure in finals.. Hope I'm proven wrong but I doubt it! Butera never been a technically strong captain. Unusual field settings yesterday.. We'll see. Haven't seen Rosanna but if stats mean anything, and they generally do, they hardest to beat!

Back