Money Shield 2013/2014

Bringing in another import?? Check ya facts it's the same guy we have had for the last 3 years

Bringing another import into the team. Was my spelling and grammar alright or are there any other word games that you would like to play? Good to see that you agree with the rest of it.

So it is an issue that they're playing a guy who has played for them for three years?

Bringing another import into the team. Was my spelling and grammar alright or are there any other word games that you would like to play? Good to see that you agree with the rest of it.

So it is an issue that they're playing a guy who has played for them for three years?

You forgot to take the mayo off! He played a full year two years ago and then 4 games last year, not the last three years. I think if they were struggling this year then it would be worth it but with the way they are dominating and the risk that bringing in an unreliable outsider can have on team harmony, I think it's crazy especially given their history. Premiership teams don't chop and change which creates a bond and a spirit.

so its his third year playing at the club then? if he wasn't an import there'd be no issue here, if it was a local who moved away for work and now come back for his third year at the club would you be as critical?

You forgot to take the mayo off! He played a full year two years ago and then 4 games last year, not the last three years. I think if they were struggling this year then it would be worth it but with the way they are dominating and the risk that bringing in an unreliable outsider can have on team harmony, I think it's crazy especially given their history. Premiership teams don't chop and change which creates a bond and a spirit.

Is he an unreliable outsider? What effect is it having on team harmony? I trust that the brains trust at G'borough know what they're doing. Most sides would just be irritated that one of the two form sides has gotten stronger. I assume he's there for finals, given gboroughs recent form in the gfs

so its his third year playing at the club then? if he wasn't an import there'd be no issue here, if it was a local who moved away for work and now come back for his third year at the club would you be as critical?

The only difference there is that you probably wouldn't be paying the local but I think the principal is the same. Why does the club feel the need to bring in another player, pay him and then put him into a side that is undefeated. They are effectively saying that the current group aren't good enough. I bet your club wouldn't make a dramatic change like that at this stage of the season.

I'd be surprised if my club wouldnt take back and available past player who isn't playing elsewhere that would improve our club to be honest. But who knows. Greensborough have gone close more than enough times to know you improve as much as you can without smashing team harmony, unless you have a genuine insight into this player tearing at team fabric (do you as you seem to be insinuating that?) I do not see an issue at all.

The only difference there is that you probably wouldn't be paying the local but I think the principal is the same. Why does the club feel the need to bring in another player, pay him and then put him into a side that is undefeated. They are effectively saying that the current group aren't good enough. I bet your club wouldn't make a dramatic change like that at this stage of the season.

Because he has gotten here at Xmas you are trying stir the pot. Ever thought some things may of happened to as why he wasn't here from the start of the season?? But no you wouldn't think of something like that. Judging by a few people responses to what your saying, do yourself a favour crawl back into your hole, put your head on your pillow and just stay asleep. You don't know the ins and outs of this situation nor will you ever!

Just because a member of your club got mancatted in the one day GF 10 years ago against greensborough doesn't mean you hold the right to accuse a club of being cheats. It was within the rules. So drop it move along and have a great day

I'd be surprised if my club wouldnt take back and available past player who isn't playing elsewhere that would improve our club to be honest. But who knows. Greensborough have gone close more than enough times to know you improve as much as you can without smashing team harmony, unless you have a genuine insight into this player tearing at team fabric (do you as you seem to be insinuating that?) I do not see an issue at all.

A lot of unhappy people at that club after last years GF with the way the imports worked out and with the way the Cap/Coach batted. I think it will depend on who they drop as to how it works out.

A lot of unhappy people at that club after last years GF with the way the imports worked out and with the way the Cap/Coach batted. I think it will depend on who they drop as to how it works out.
On what are you basing this disharmony? It would seem all is going great at 8-0. I'm quite happy with the way my teams first grade are competing. I don't even care that I'm stuck in our seconds.
Sammy is a most welcome addition to our team. He is one of the most humble and genuine person I've met. Not a bad cricketer either. ;)

On what are you basing this disharmony? It would seem all is going great at 8-0. I'm quite happy with the way my teams first grade are competing. I don't even care that I'm stuck in our seconds.
Sammy is a most welcome addition to our team. He is one of the most humble and genuine person I've met. Not a bad cricketer either. ;)

I think I have been pretty clear on what I think and why I think it (with a bit of help from The Full Tosser, I had forgotten about the Mankad!). I guess it's up to the club to finally win the 2nd division so it can try to double it's Ist Grade premiership tally.

Ok so no you don't, that is fine. The grand final was interesting and you could look at it two ways, if someone else had batted the same as Butera then they win. But he also should've taken it upon himself to win the game when it was apparent nobody else could do it for GB.
Being ex HDCA, I am interested what club you're from?

Hi Baroo, say hi to Mosh for me.

Ok so no you don't, that is fine. The grand final was interesting and you could look at it two ways, if someone else had batted the same as Butera then they win. But he also should've taken it upon himself to win the game when it was apparent nobody else could do it for GB.
Being ex HDCA, I am interested what club you're from?

Hi Baroo, say hi to Mosh for me.

I know that the import shuffling caused disharmony last year, and I know that if the guys I know get dropped it will cause disharmony this year. I would rather not make it about my old club as i don't have any affiliation with them any more and it's my personal view, but I probably played against you back when Barnes and Butterworth were in their prime.

Unfortunately I didn't play with them much. Apart from being bullied by Butterworth in the yard.

I know that the import shuffling caused disharmony last year, and I know that if the guys I know get dropped it will cause disharmony this year. I would rather not make it about my old club as i don't have any affiliation with them any more and it's my personal view, but I probably played against you back when Barnes and Butterworth were in their prime.

Montanna, seeing as you think our club is in disarray, please enlighten us to how we can improve.

I'm all for constructive criticism, and I'd especially like to know who you think will get dropped, will it be me? Surely you must know who I am, or will it be someone else you know?

When was the last time your presence graced our clubrooms, or you came down to watch us? I'd love to hear an outsiders perspective on how we are bonding as a team this season compared to last.

By the way, how has your employment been, have you been working hard in this heat, or putting your feet up?

We
Montanna, seeing as you think our club is in disarray, please enlighten us to how we can improve.

I'm all for constructive criticism, and I'd especially like to know who you think will get dropped, will it be me? Surely you must know who I am, or will it be someone else you know?

When was the last time your presence graced our clubrooms, or you came down to watch us? I'd love to hear an outsiders perspective on how we are bonding as a team this season compared to last.

By the way, how has your employment been, have you been working hard in this heat, or putting your feet up?
well see how ya bond when maybe not yourself gets dropped but one of your mates for someone you will be lucky to see 10 more times in your life. Any how waste of money to spend for coming second

We
well see how ya bond when maybe not yourself gets dropped but one of your mates for someone you will be lucky to see 10 more times in your life. Any how waste of money to spend for coming second

I know the bloke who is going to be dropped quite well, and let me tell you he has no problems with it, he even told me that he probably didnt deserve his spot in A grade in the first place. Everyone at the club is committed to winning money shield.

Back