New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Stedy Eddy;350405 said:
Would love 2 there big fella but im not sayin a thing

Just send me a Private Message and I will let you know if we have spoken to him or not.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350284 said:
If he IS the
I also heard the blues were looking to throw a fair bit of coin around, have you picked anyone up?

Nah, our clubs obviously not in the same finantial postion as yours (new turf,new scoreboard,millar and half of newcomb!).

whatdoumeanwashe;350423 said:
Nah, our clubs obviously not in the same finantial postion as yours (new turf,new scoreboard,millar and half of newcomb!).

Uh-Oh prepare for the battle!

A favourite quote of mine: "we only pay our coach and assistant coach"

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows, I hear David Boyd from South Barwon is going to Waurn Ponds?

whatdoumeanwashe;350423 said:

That's not what what Babies Arm was telling me, apparently offered him big dollars.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350436 said:
I don't think the phone call got that far.

Even if they were flashing around $$$$, i know he can play but he has never been the most loyal man getting around. Maybe a few years at South has changed that??????

To be honest i have never met the guy, just going off what has been previously said on other threads. Obviously the standard would be the main issue?

fourmore;350437 said:
Even if they were flashing around $$$$, i know he can play but he has never been the most loyal man getting around. Maybe a few years at South has changed that??????

To be honest i have never met the gus, just going off what has been previously said on other threads. Obviously the standard would be the main issue?

2 local clubs in 10 years is pretty loyal if you ask me, not that he would leave South.... even if he is now playing for free :D

thommy_rissole;350440 said:
2 local clubs in 10 years is pretty loyal if you ask me, not that he would leave South.... even if he is now playing for free :D

i guess your right, as i said don't really know the guy, i was just working off previous comments, i'm sure he is a good bloke. And i did not get on here to start up the whole babies arm debate again, i'm sure your all sick of that, particularly him! Playing for free though????

Babies Arms is pretty passionate about his sporting clubs, so it is of no surprise that when he gets settled in somewhere he is pretty much in for the long haul. He is just waiting to (hopefully) get a Swan tattoo to go with his Hawks and Thomson FC ones. As you have probably already mentioned he is not playing for the money, otherwise he might have taken off for one of the offers he gets each year.

gca_ipl;350443 said:
Babies Arms is pretty passionate about his sporting clubs, so it is of no surprise that when he gets settled in somewhere he is pretty much in for the long haul. He is just waiting to (hopefully) get a Swan tattoo to go with his Hawks and Thomson FC ones. As you have probably already mentioned he is not playing for the money, otherwise he might have taken off for one of the offers he gets each year.

Fair enough, gca-ipl can you shed any light on the D Boyd and Waurn Ponds rumour? Did he play for you guys last year?

fourmore;350445 said:
Fair enough, gca-ipl can you shed any light on the D Boyd and Waurn Ponds rumour? Did he play for you guys last year?

D Boyd has played for us the last few seasons but did not get a chance to play much last year at all. I believe he is looking for a new home and has spoken to a few clubs in Division 2. Hopefully he goes alright as he can play. He will be a disappointing loss but needed to make a fresh start.

gca_ipl;350447 said:
D Boyd has played for us the last few seasons but did not get a chance to play much last year at all. I believe he is looking for a new home and has spoken to a few clubs in Division 2. Hopefully he goes alright as he can play. He will be a disappointing loss but needed to make a fresh start.

And you guys have more than covered him recruiting wise this year by the looks!!!

Back