New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

whatdoumeanwashe;346303 said:
Has the money finally run out at Modda and Carrolls on his way home with his tail between his legs? :D

Did hear a rumor that Zane has stood down at Modda. Don't know what his plans are and we haven't spoken to him. Fergy going back to North and Caulfield and possibly Hermans going back to East, will be a very different Modda that takes to the field for the 1st game next year.

My name is Brett & i am Captain Coach of Maranatha Methodist cricket club in Narre Warren, we are recruiting players for the coming season 09-10 we believe we have the side to play final but lack a opening batsman or a quality strike bowler.
Pm me your number if you wish to know more or are interested.

I am a keen follower of Geelong cricket and this is my first post. I have heard on the grapevine D.Koliba, C.Ford and K.Ford all signed at Sth.Barwon this year. Up to 12 Clubs chasing Marc Carson from Geelong who has been shopping himself about, but will stay at Geelong. Bluey Muller resisted the temptation of returning to Newtown and staying at Geelong also, leaving Newtown captain/coachless. Geelong West were going to have a decent crack at Simon Anderson so they can retire Tony Spence to the 2nds gracefully. Barry Tsitas looking to play only at Grovedale, leaving them in need of a new captain/coach. Grant Dew stapping down as coach of East Belmont with Jack Caulfield taking over and Shaun Hooley taking over as captain of the 1sts. Certainly all clubs are busy in the off season with sth.Barwon already looking like the big improvers perhaps IPL or Babies Arm can shed some light on there new arrivals

obser;346587 said:
I am a keen follower of Geelong cricket and this is my first post. I have heard on the grapevine D.Koliba, C.Ford and K.Ford all signed at Sth.Barwon this year. Up to 12 Clubs chasing Marc Carson from Geelong who has been shopping himself about, but will stay at Geelong. Bluey Muller resisted the temptation of returning to Newtown and staying at Geelong also, leaving Newtown captain/coachless. Geelong West were going to have a decent crack at Simon Anderson so they can retire Tony Spence to the 2nds gracefully. Barry Tsitas looking to play only at Grovedale, leaving them in need of a new captain/coach. Grant Dew stapping down as coach of East Belmont with Jack Caulfield taking over and Shaun Hooley taking over as captain of the 1sts. Certainly all clubs are busy in the off season with sth.Barwon already looking like the big improvers perhaps IPL or Babies Arm can shed some light on there new arrivals

not a bad first post.. u seem to have plenty of inside information.. and u say west WERE going to have a crack at anderson... wat happened

obser;346587 said:

Your grapevine is pretty spot on regarding the SBCC players. DK signed this week and will slot in nicely at number 3. The Ford boys have committed to SBCC depending on clearance issues as we all expect Newcomb to drop a div. But I am sure this will be sorted out.

Does anybody know if Bakes is playing on at Grovedale. I would have thought he would be the logical choice to take over from Baz for a year or two.

The morale of the story is if Ando leaves and with DK and the Ford boys already committed elsewhere, Newcomb are in a lot of trouble. But, they had it coming I suppose!!!

fineleg2fineleg;346728 said:
Your grapevine is pretty spot on regarding the SBCC players. DK signed this week and will slot in nicely at number 3. The Ford boys have committed to SBCC depending on clearance issues as we all expect Newcomb to drop a div. But I am sure this will be sorted out.

Does anybody know if Bakes is playing on at Grovedale. I would have thought he would be the logical choice to take over from Baz for a year or two.

The morale of the story is if Ando leaves and with DK and the Ford boys already committed elsewhere, Newcomb are in a lot of trouble. But, they had it coming I suppose!!!
geeeeez... south are already looking very very strong and its only May... get koliba out and south barwon are 2 fa... then out walks hornet :eek:..... its goin to be a long day in the field

Doubt K.Ford would be in there best 11, would he? Unless they have lost a couple. Heard Hester and Ford were a possibility to move back to St Peters. Any truth to that?

Cant Bat said:
Doubt K.Ford would be in there best 11, would he? Unless they have lost a couple. Heard Hester and Ford were a possibility to move back to St Peters. Any truth to that?

No truth to that and both are committed Swans for next season.

matty caulfield will play at east belmont unless someone gets him an apprenticeship or good job. got it straight from the man himself.

In reply to I bowl meat pies, I dont know the result of Geelong wests approach to Simon Anderson, I just know they were going to have a chat to him and try and entice him over!!! I also heard on the grapevine Bell Post Hill might be starting to throw the cash about again with a big offer being put to Scott Lindsay who knocked it back. Mark Freijah also heading back to Leopold from Geelong as playing coach. unsure if Rod Kiddle/Harvey Stephenson is captain or not.

any truth to the brad stacey coaching bell park rumour that i head yesterday at the footy?

Anyone wanting a game in warrnambool that may have just relocated? if so please respond and we will swap details

allrounder;347087 said:
Anyone wanting a game in warrnambool that may have just relocated? if so please respond and we will swap details

What club are you talking about here?

crktluva;346930 said:
matty caulfield will play at east belmont unless someone gets him an apprenticeship or good job. got it straight from the man himself.

First post it's not to harsh but i played against matty last year in 3 games against modda he bowled once against us for 5 overs this guy has the heart the size of a pea

just heard today that west have been in contact with matty humphries.. and are trying to get him across for next year... he was at grovey up until 2002 and hasn't played since

Back