New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

I Bowl Meat Pies;347187 said:
just heard today that west have been in contact with matty humphries.. and are trying to get him across for next year... he was at grovey up until 2002 and hasn't played since

is he a wicket keeper ??

Playing out in the district league not the WDCA. Dont want to say on this thread cos early days and dont want opposing clubs snooping

Knowa;347110 said:
What club are you talking about here?

Playing out in the district league not the WDCA. Dont want to say on this thread cos early days and dont want opposing clubs snooping

gca_ipl;347191 said:
is he a wicket keeper ??
nahh dont think so... middle order bat and a slow left arm bowler i'm pretty sure...havent they got a young kid(wight) keeping in there 2's that filled in when spency was unavailable.. why cant they just bring him up instead of recruiting a new keeper

Stedy Eddy;347170 said:
First post it's not to harsh but i played against matty last year in 3 games against modda he bowled once against us for 5 overs this guy has the heart the size of a pea
I think i know who this is!

Stedy Eddy;347170 said:
First post it's not to harsh but i played against matty last year in 3 games against modda he bowled once against us for 5 overs this guy has the heart the size of a pea

I'm sorry STEDDY EDDY but I play at modda and I think you are totally clueless. That guy won us a flag there the first year against teesdale taking 6for not many ( incl a hat trick ) and 60no with the bat and that was with torn ligaments in his ankle. At the start of last season he had glandular fever and he was ratshit and in and out of hospital. His ankle got worse this season and I believe he just recently had an operation on it. East would be doing everything then can to get him back. And I'm sure modda will do what they can to keep him because I saw him bowl against teesdale that GF and it was scary and he wasnt even fit. And I'm sure if you asked the Teesdale boys im sure they will be glad to see him and fergie go.

I agree the year you won the grand final he was good but im not talking about that year im talking about last year. you cant honestly say that you will be chasing him for this year cause i've heard what you blokes think of him and you now what its the same as what i called him.

Stedy Eddy;347292 said:
I agree the year you won the grand final he was good but im not talking about that year im talking about last year. you cant honestly say that you will be chasing him for this year cause i've heard what you blokes think of him and you now what its the same as what i called him.

Honestly STEDDY. We will be doing everything we can to keep him. He had his issues this year with his ankle and his glandular fever and with those issues I dont think you could blame anyone. With his op now I'm sure he will be fully fit this year weather hes at Modda or EBCC but I'm sure the President and all involved will be hoping he stays for sure.

Woodchopper;347309 said:
Honestly STEDDY. We will be doing everything we can to keep him. He had his issues this year with his ankle and his glandular fever and with those issues I dont think you could blame anyone. With his op now I'm sure he will be fully fit this year weather hes at Modda or EBCC but I'm sure the President and all involved will be hoping he stays for sure.
did u play 1's at modda?

No Steddy. I only play now and again but love to watch the 1's down there. But did play a few games.

Matt Caulfield hasn't played G.C.A 1sts for about 5 seasons he would need to do a massive pre-season which I don't think he is capable of to perform well at that level, everyone knows if he got fair dinkum he could be a great player but he is happy doing his own thing and I don't think he will ever change that, time might pass him by.

Woodchopper;347257 said:
I'm sorry STEDDY EDDY but I play at modda and I think you are totally clueless. That guy won us a flag there the first year against teesdale taking 6for not many ( incl a hat trick ) and 60no with the bat and that was with torn ligaments in his ankle. At the start of last season he had glandular fever and he was ratshit and in and out of hospital. His ankle got worse this season and I believe he just recently had an operation on it. East would be doing everything then can to get him back. And I'm sure modda will do what they can to keep him because I saw him bowl against teesdale that GF and it was scary and he wasnt even fit. And I'm sure if you asked the Teesdale boys im sure they will be glad to see him and fergie go.

Played in both last years Granny and this years finals against Modda. His spell last year was brutal. As for being pleased to see them go, doesn't matter either way. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat whoever comes out on to the park. Always enjoy playing against Fergie.

spider36;347425 said:
Played in both last years Granny and this years finals against Modda. His spell last year was brutal. As for being pleased to see them go, doesn't matter either way. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat whoever comes out on to the park. Always enjoy playing against Fergie.

The reason 4 me calling him a pea heart this year is because second game we played against modda he bowled 2 overs got smashed cracked the shits didn't bowl again. last game of the year didnt bowl. first week in finals it was a bit wet and i was talkin to a modda bloke and he asked matty if he was goin to bowl today and he told the bloke to go and get f$%ked. He did bowl that day, when the game was over and we where 4/200 after 50 overs if he was injured and couldn't bowl he shouldn't of played cause he was not in that side as a batsman. We had a bloke that tore a muscle in his side against modda last game and bowled in the semi's against guild in pain and his figures were 16overs 6 for 24. Some people just have to man up.

Stedy Eddy;347428 said:
The reason 4 me calling him a pea heart this year is because second game we played against modda he bowled 2 overs got smashed cracked the shits didn't bowl again. last game of the year didnt bowl. first week in finals it was a bit wet and i was talkin to a modda bloke and he asked matty if he was goin to bowl today and he told the bloke to go and get f$%ked. He did bowl that day, when the game was over and we where 4/200 after 50 overs if he was injured and couldn't bowl he shouldn't of played cause he was not in that side as a batsman. We had a bloke that tore a muscle in his side against modda last game and bowled in the semi's against guild in pain and his figures were 16overs 6 for 24. Some people just have to man up.

Didn't he bowl 20 odd overs that day? Bit hard if he only came on with 25 to go. I'm not arguing the point about his apparent lack of ability to be part of a team. Who really cares who does what when they are injured. We've all played hurt at some stage. It's a fact of sporting life...

Stedy Eddy;347428 said:

Against us when he was a Newcomb he got taken for 17 off the first over of the day with Sean O'Leary getting stuck into him, the third over of the day he started bowling off spin:eek:

But having said that when he is on he is a gun BPCA/DIV3/DIV2 cricketer, dunno about div1 these days having been away for so long, but you never know.:cool:

I Bowl Meat Pies;346646 said:
not a bad first post.. u seem to have plenty of inside information.. and u say west WERE going to have a crack at anderson... wat happened

News to me. . . :eek: No truth to the rumour. . .

Jurassic Park;347647 said:
News to me. . . :eek: No truth to the rumour. . .

Heard a rumour jason harrison to coach alexander thomson next season any truth to this.

allrounder;347194 said:

Grassmere comp or South West?

Back