New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350838 said:
Dunno about that regarding us, haven't heard anything.

I did hear very, very strong mail that there will be another David Boyd blessing Tigerland with his presents though Rissole.

I would be very, very suprised if David Boyd graced Tigerland with his presents despite your very, very strong mail ! :)

gca_ipl;350840 said:
I would be very, very suprised if David Boyd graced Tigerland with his presents despite your very, very strong mail ! :)

Hopefully Rissole can let us know, I will say last week I heard he was asst coach of Waurn Ponds but that seems to be wrong.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350844 said:
Hopefully Rissole can let us know, I will say last week I heard he was asst coach of Waurn Ponds but that seems to be wrong.

certainly a lot of interest for a guy that just started to find a bit of consistent form, but who would also be wanting to just slip under the radar at a club and not be expected to be the gun recruit !!

Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

definate, Lang to Thomson and also hear Ben Connelly to StAlbans!!! any truth???

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350838 said:
Dunno about that regarding us, haven't heard anything.

I did hear very, very strong mail that there will be another David Boyd blessing Tigerland with his presents though Rissole.

I am led to believe some members of the recruitment team are in discussions with David Boyd.

gca_ipl;350839 said:
so does that mean Dragon's Lair will have to change his profile name ??

what about KC Lang to Thomson ?

Jason Harrison to AT as Coach ?

Harrison was appointed coach but declined the offer the next day, I think this is why Michael Cox is on the move. Hearing all this 2nd and 3rd hand so am not 100% sure of it's truthfulness.

Casey Lang is confirmed.

Dragons Lair might revert back to being the Swing King :D

thommy_rissole;350851 said:
i am led to believe some members of the recruitment team are in discussions with david boyd.

Harrison was appointed coach but declined the offer the next day, i think this is why michael cox is on the move. Hearing all this 2nd and 3rd hand so am not 100% sure of it's truthfulness.

Casey lang is confirmed.

Dragons lair might revert back to being the swing king :d

harrison was offered not appointed. He rejected it. Koliba ford ford doopa ando harrison harrison benny mills 7 or 8 4ths players im told r all looking for clearances! Interesting times!

THE_LATE_MAIL;350854 said:
harrison was offered not appointed. He rejected it. Koliba ford ford doopa ando harrison harrison benny mills 7 or 8 4ths players im told r all looking for clearances! Interesting times!

Unless they get a coaching role (a la Harrison) they'd be struggling to get a clearance, I would've thought

Alexander Thomson: ???

Bannockburn: ???

Bell Park: B.Stacey "rumored"

Bell Post Hill: Ritchie Hassett

Corio Bay: B. Whitehill

Corio: S.Arnott

East Belmont: G.Dew

Geelong City: S.Lindsay

Geelong West: unchanged?

Grovedale: ???

Guild Saints: ???

Highton: L.Cameron

Inverleigh: ???

Lara: C.Bambury 1st XI captain

Leopold: H. Stevenson

Lethbridge: ???

Little River: ???

Manifold Heights: A.McCormack coach Darryn Jacobs asst coach

Marshall: P.Cammorotto

Meredith: Armstrong

Shelford: ???

Modewarre: ???

Murgheboluc: Watson

Newcomb & District: ???

Newtown & Chilwell: ???

North Geelong: Ross Aylmer still coaching, Colin Millard still Captain, Fergy Professional Player

North Shore: M.Troy

South Bawron: B.Haurnstein

St Albans/Breakwater: Justin Miller

St Joseph's: D.Morgan

St Peter's: S.Illingworth

Teesdale: Craig Hall

Thomson: A.Saltalamacchia

Torquay: A.Bourke

Waurn Ponds: S.Scene

Winchelsea: ???

Just A guess fill in where incorrect.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350892 said:
Just A guess fill in where incorrect.

Still a few ads appearing in Saturday's GA - seems some are not yet known.

Mike Chapman (ex-Geelong CC, City and Waurn Ponds) at Leopold in some capacity? Not sure as coach or "assistant".

Bools definitely back to Manifold.

Stace at Bell Park - surely not!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350904 said:
I have no idea, someone just said it was rumored in an earlier post. I wouldn't of thought he'd leave BPH
i wouldnt think he'd coach anywhere due to his working commitments.. unless theyve changed since last season

also bourney.. hands off our szponars !!! i no they aren't world beaters but hopefully next year they'll be handy in our 2s and 3s

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;350904 said:
I have no idea, someone just said it was rumored in an earlier post. I wouldn't of thought he'd leave BPH

ill ask him at the next family reunion :D

koliba, definitely gone from Newcomb.
Kelvin Ford i believe is already gone. not 100%
Clinton Ford is still a dino, for now
Doopa, is probably gonna go play golf
Jason Harrison or Shane Harrison wont leave, EVER
Millsy will be playing at Geelong City,, not joking Geelong City
Benny always wanted to leave and will get his wish..
Ando.. more than likely will stay.. i think he enjoys all this talk about him but probably never really intends on moving, few stories going around about the safety of his job if he doesnt leave newcomb for bph,, ( have heard all about it from BPH treasurer too :|..

Josh Janssen is 19 and is very very hard to get a straight answer from, my opinion is he will stay for at least 1 year, and try and make a real good name for himself, he had a few good digs last year, ( 92 East Belmont )(69 Bell Post Hill), 36 of 98 against South Barwon in that last round attrocity, im surprised he hasnt had more interest in him because at this stage he has probably become a better player than most of the last season 1sts side.

but having said all of this nothing is concrete until Round 1, lets just wait and see who we end up playing alongside.

Have heard that Miller might not be a done deal at STAB, doesnt want to play div 3 and hes on Geelongs shopping list.

I Bowl Meat Pies;350913 said:
bourney.. hands off our szponars !!! i no they aren't world beaters but hopefully next year they'll be handy in our 2s and 3s

I dunno what your talking about, all I know about them is they are related to Sean O'Leary;)

whatdoumeanwashe;350937 said:
Have heard that Miller might not be a done deal at STAB, doesnt want to play div 3 and hes on Geelongs shopping list.

Millsy is a 100% done deal, Signed & sealed. Unless things have changed since I last spoke to him at 3pm today:rolleyes:.

He came to our last committee meeting and is very passionate about taking the club forward in the future.

And why would he be on Geelong's shopping list when he played there for 13 years?

who are those 4ths players??

Back