New Zealand in England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Zealand in England

Jelly Beanz;26210 said:
Yeah, do you think Colly should have upheld the appeal??

Even Colly admitted he shouldn't have done it afterwards but in the heat of the moment etc etc.

I disagree with what Collingwood did, but I find it a little hypocritical of the Kiwis to complain about someone else not playing in the spirit of the game after what happened last year between McCullum and Murali. (Murali left the crease to congratulate Sangakkara on his ton, and McCullum whipped the bails off and ran him out...) - As is often the case in life, you reap what you sow, and I'm sure that Murali will be having a good laugh tonight when he sees that.

I'll give England the benefit of the doubt, as wolf says, in the heat of the moment etc. Also, the batsman shouldn't have been running there anyway.

I guess that karma kicked in though at the very end with that shocking piece of fielding - who was meant to be backing up?

The kiwis can't bloody complain, as nightvision mentioned they did something similar to Murali.

Sets up the final game nicely, a bit of edge, something for both teams to play for, will the weather hold up?

I havn't seen the highlights yet but I'm sure there's someone feeling very foolish this morning, mas!!

I think the kiwis have the momentum but if KP comes off again it could be England's day.

Looks like Colly may get a ban for slow over rates (second time within a year he's been flagged up for it).

Could be 4 ODI or 2 tests.

He'll get away with it. It wasn't his fault that the over rate was slow, what with Elliot's "injury" and run out related discussions. Be pretty harsh if he gets anything more than a fine for it.

Confirmed he is banned for four matches (last ODI against NZ, T20 and two ODI's against SA). Seems a bit harsh just for a slow over rate.

Wow, how wrong was I lol. Nice to see KP as captain :D. Hopefully someone decent will come in with the bat as well, bringing Cook or Strauss in would be suicide, we've been batting slowly enough as it is. Who are the other options ?
Key
Solanki
Sales
Prior
Benning
Samit Patel

I'd go for Robert Key personally. He's been deserving of a place in the team for a while, and has certainly learnt how to bat in One Day cricket in the past year or so. Allows Wright to move into the middle order and have an opening partnership of Bell and Key. Sounds pretty damn good to me.

Yeah sounds pretty good, KP. Personally I'd consider opening with Prior and dropping Ambrose, allowing you to bring in a middle order hitter like Mascarenhas to bat down there with Wright and give you another bowling option (which is another thing Colly will be missed for)

We lost the series 3-1. I'm struggling to work out just how good our ODI team is, we seem very inconsistent.

When we fire on all cylinders we seem capable of beating anyone and by a decent margin. When we're poor we're very poor and look hopeless.

You want to see hopeless - a less than full strength Irish side played New Zealand today - cricinfo scorecard

Complete mis-match. I can't say I'm surprised, but I am dissappointed. And to think, I would have been available if they'd told me they were short ;) - it can't have been much worse.

Missing a lot of players, if you'd had a full strength team it would have been a bit closer. Not sure how much though.

They beat us by 129 runs in the world cup last year. How do you think Scotland will fare on Thursday?

Should be closer as they're likely to have closer to their full strength team. Saying that, NZ are playing well and it could be another 150+ run win.

I have to say I agree with mas here, despite a certain national bias!!

EDIT: Having said that, we just hammered the Irish today so at least we've got a bit of momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back