Nmca 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting weekend of cricket. Rivergum doing it easy against Lalor and are proving they are the team to beat this year.Good all round contribution from the bowlers especially Kyl hitting some good form when it counts. No doubt Rosebank going for the outright which will be hard to get, Tenuta have a monster year. Ycw already beaten Northcote utd. Keon Park should get another scalp with a solid score on the board. What will happen next?

what a year, "so close but yet so far" that's what teams will say when they miss out.
AJ, top year, Tenuta, that's why they won so many never gives up and he knew with the loss of Plumpton and Sevoir he had to stand up.
Lalor treated badly by the comp all year, I hope they win it. the rest you are miles away.
If and it's a big if, Rosebank get an outright I would go as far as saying they will win it.
Stats are there, best two day team by a mile , Rivergum second and only because AJ is Playing.
I'll say it again Rivergum v Rosebank granny, IF Rosebank turn up it will be back to back and as much as I hate to say it
they haven't gone out and replaced Plumpton.

Interesting that Lalor opted to give everyone a bowl so that Rivergum could not get a look at the bowlers. What is more interesting is that their 11th bowler knocked over AJ on 98. How does that happen?
Keon Park not having a senior team in the finals this year with their 3rds and 4ths finishing last. This would have to be a first for that once powerful club.
For what its worth I think Rivergum will roll Lalor again although hopefully its a better game and Rosebank should take care of Trinners although Rosebanks quicks have not been taking early wickets. Gary needs to step up for them otherwise the Trinners could pile them on.

Keon Park must be seething, not a team in finals and people walking away from the club, they
beat Rosebank and Holy Trinity wtf, why didn't they make it? question must be asked, people at the top
think they are doing the right thing but the proof is in the pudding, I think it's time to give someone else a go.
As for the four that a left, Trinners are gone so we'll see what happens over next few weeks.
Good luck to all.

I wouldn't go writing holy trinity off just yet. Everyone just expecting rosebank to stroll through finals. Rosebank have not played great cricket all year and that gives HT a sniff. If there batting doesn't click though they are gone. Id say lalor bowled everyone because they were annihilated and rivergum passed there score 1 down and played it out a bit. Wouldn't say hiding the bowlers I'm sure rivergum have seen enough of them. Will Bramich return this week? Bad luck Keon park just not good enough ! No excuses for them. KP gun players didn't do enough, only came good when they had nothing but pride to play for ! Going to be a ripping finals series

See you later to NU. Were always going to struggle.
KP not good enough.
PYCW competitive year. Done well after being relegated & been given a 2nd chance.
Darebin good 1st year. Will improve.
Big finals series coming up.

itistime, I had an email notification advising you had posted on this thread asking for my input on something I wouldn't know. I log on to reply & your post is not here anymore? I can't help you there

Every year there's always an unlikely hero... Should be a great weekend of cricket!

Rivergum would be full of confidence but you don't know what you'll get with Lalor; you can win in a day or chase 280.

Rosebank are obvious favourites but "cricket's a funny game" huge pressure on HT's bowling and need a few bats to step up.

Watch this space...

Every year there's always an unlikely hero... Should be a great weekend of cricket!

Rivergum would be full of confidence but you don't know what you'll get with Lalor; you can win in a day or chase 280.

Rosebank are obvious favourites but "cricket's a funny game" huge pressure on HT's bowling and need a few bats to step up.

Watch this space...

Unlikely hero? Not to sure if last years GF had any of those. It's more about who doesn't choke.

Rivergum easy and Rosebank by even more this weekend. That would set up a great battle next week.

What a game of cricket I watched today, Rosebank V Holy Trinity.
Holy Trinity had kept Rosebank to 175 by getting thru their top order and were 2 for 93 in reply, cruising.
The well oiled machine because love them or hate them that's what they are, started pressure, pressure, pressure
Holy trinity all out 170 a direct hit be a player to win the game, these blokes just don't give up.
It was unbelievable the amount of pressure that they can soak up and keep coming at you.
From what I saw today Rosebank will win it and to add to that they have 3 other teams in Grand finals next week.
From what I was told the same thing happened in their 2nds against Darebin Chargers and their 3rds!
As I said love them or hate them that club is what all local cricket clubs should be modelled on, seriously incredible
nothing was left to any one person. I have been following local cricket for a long time that club must be over the moon 3 teams in Grand finals
and one in a preliminary final, that's a club.
Congratulations.

What a game of cricket I watched today, Rosebank V Holy Trinity.
Holy Trinity had kept Rosebank to 175 by getting thru their top order and were 2 for 93 in reply, cruising.
The well oiled machine because love them or hate them that's what they are, started pressure, pressure, pressure
Holy trinity all out 170 a direct hit be a player to win the game, these blokes just don't give up.
It was unbelievable the amount of pressure that they can soak up and keep coming at you.
From what I saw today Rosebank will win it and to add to that they have 3 other teams in Grand finals next week.
From what I was told the same thing happened in their 2nds against Darebin Chargers and their 3rds!
As I said love them or hate them that club is what all local cricket clubs should be modelled on, seriously incredible
nothing was left to any one person. I have been following local cricket for a long time that club must be over the moon 3 teams in Grand finals
and one in a preliminary final, that's a club.
Congratulations.
Clearly reading this as well as some of your earlier work you are a Rosebank player/fan. They have a mighty culture of winning which is why Rivergum will be wanting Lalor to continue their recent winning form over them. My opinion, we will know the premiership winner this weekend, if Rosebank make it they will beat Rivergum but if not i believe after what i saw on the weekend Rivergum will be to solid for Lalor. Never really rated Unkles but saw some of innings and happy to say i am wrong. great knock. Lalor seemed to have a few sore boys, hope the come up for what should be a cracking game this weekend.

Wow. A lot of love for rosebank on here. There win was not a convincing one at all? Rivergums win was a demolition job and look the goods for me. Unlucky trinners they had a great year but just ran out of puff. They will be back stronger next year. Brian white has done a great job to turn that club around. Credit where credits due. Lalor easily this weekend. Mentally have rosebank covered

Clearly reading this as well as some of your earlier work you are a Rosebank player/fan. They have a mighty culture of winning which is why Rivergum will be wanting Lalor to continue their recent winning form over them. My opinion, we will know the premiership winner this weekend, if Rosebank make it they will beat Rivergum but if not i believe after what i saw on the weekend Rivergum will be to solid for Lalor. Never really rated Unkles but saw some of innings and happy to say i am wrong. great knock. Lalor seemed to have a few sore boys, hope the come up for what should be a cracking game this weekend.
Kookies not afraid of rosebank. bring it on boys, AJ didnt score a big one & still scored 295.Anything can happen in the PF. Lalor has beaten rosebank twice this year. A real boilover in jack quick with b/baller getting done over.

Wow. A lot of love for rosebank on here. There win was not a convincing one at all? Rivergums win was a demolition job and look the goods for me. Unlucky trinners they had a great year but just ran out of puff. They will be back stronger next year. Brian white has done a great job to turn that club around. Credit where credits due. Lalor easily this weekend. Mentally have rosebank covered
Yeah, I tend to agree with your thoughts Goddard18, I be backing Lalor. Not so sure on holy trinity being that good. Finishing 4th on the ladder isnt a great year. They seem to fold against the top teams. Keon park bowled them out for 99 only a week ago & Rosebank bowled them out for 80 a few weeks earlier. Although Whitey has done a good job with a promising player group, plenty of upside for them

Sorry to disappoint, not a Rosebank person or player, I use to play in the Dvca and coached one of the better clubs.
I can only tell it like I see it, I've been to a few of their games just to see what all the fuss was about,
I got told that this was one of their worst "A" grade teams in a decade, so I just went and watched, I also watched Keon Park
Rivergum and who ever else was around, I had heard a lot about them over the years and just wanted to see for myself, I knew that they
had lost Plumpton and Sevor so I was intrigued on how or what they would do, they've had an ordinary year with a couple of standouts to
get them to the finals. In my opinion the Russo boys look like they have no idea of how the club goes about it and a couple of others are just being carried as for Peppa just a weak selfish individual yes Peppa I played against you, but as a club they just kept going they never throw the towel in.
If the new guys don't improve and they pick a few more players that I am hearing about guys like that might be playing 2nd's cricket, the only thing the Russo boys have going for them is that they are young and may have first year jitters. My mail is a N. Pilon is going there, if they get him lookout.

Baseballers lol thoughts?
Beaten by a better side on the day. The Colts are probably a little unfortunate to be in B Grade to start with. 2012 just missed finals in Jika Shield due to an indiscretion by a bloke who now coaches another B Grade club. We cop a fine and lose 6 points and he leaves the club. Last season we beat Viewbank, Lalor and YCW in the last four rounds to finished 8th, and watch when Viewbank fold and YCW jumps us and stays in the top flight and we get relegated because we only have 2 sides. Our local area doesn't have a lot of kids and we struggle to field juniors have done for over 10 years. But we survive. And I know a lot of people hate playing us because we have a crack and probably cross the line sometimes, but I'll tell you this much. Our boys are sticking fat and play as a team. We have no high paid players, we have people that play for the club because they love the place. You can hate us and knock us as much as you like it just makes us stronger. Good luck to Baseballers and Bundoora Park this week, we look forward to a hard fought match in the Grand Final.

I got told that this was one of their worst "A" grade teams in a decade, so I just went and watched,
Okay if this is their worst team in a decade in your opinion as someone who has seen lots of different cricket. Is the standard of competition going backwards?
itstime - Rivergum are very much afraid of Rosebank, you have to say that your not to try to convince yourself. Clearly you and your boys will be cheering for Lalor or bad weather this weekend. If Rosebank get through they start favourites.
For what its worth i hope Lalor take the chocolates but I feel Rosebank may be to strong. Sundays forecast could be the deciding factor which would be a pity as I am looking forward to seeing a great game. Good luck to all.

I can only comment on cricket in general as I said I was playing in their supposedly "Glory Years",
cricket in general is F,,,,,,,,. My old team used to be a powerhouse, not anymore, people for one reason or
another just don't want to play. I'm tipping them for what I've seen of them, they don't give up that's it.
In saying that the game should of probably been over 2 hours earlier seeing they dropped 4 catches.

Sorry to disappoint, not a Rosebank person or player, I use to play in the Dvca and coached one of the better clubs.
I can only tell it like I see it, I've been to a few of their games just to see what all the fuss was about,
I got told that this was one of their worst "A" grade teams in a decade, so I just went and watched, I also watched Keon Park
Rivergum and who ever else was around, I had heard a lot about them over the years and just wanted to see for myself, I knew that they
had lost Plumpton and Sevor so I was intrigued on how or what they would do, they've had an ordinary year with a couple of standouts to
get them to the finals. In my opinion the Russo boys look like they have no idea of how the club goes about it and a couple of others are just being carried as for Peppa just a weak selfish individual yes Peppa I played against you, but as a club they just kept going they never throw the towel in.
If the new guys don't improve and they pick a few more players that I am hearing about guys like that might be playing 2nd's cricket, the only thing the Russo boys have going for them is that they are young and may have first year jitters. My mail is a N. Pilon is going there, if they get him lookout.
Don't think the head honchoes at Cotchin would put up with this guy let alone him be at the club if he was to be how you make him out to be. Definitely wouldn't fit into what Rosebank is all about if that was the case. I would've thought a weak individual is someone taking potshots at others on an online forum.
Congrats to Rivergum getting through to the GF. Very well deserved. Holy Trinity just couldn't get over the line against Rosebank whom were given an almighty scare. Makes for a great PF this weekend to decide Rivergums opponent.
Big upset in Quick Shield with PB going down to Olympic. Have had too good a year to not bounce back this weekend & set up a huge GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back