Nmca 2017/18

Whats the issue with the Bye? Could be handy if we are going down the path of 1 umpire per A grade. 1 Less game a week to fill with umpires.

Think they asked to play in D grade with only one side..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really funny mate, your a comedian. The facts are simple. We have struggled for numbers for the last 3 years.To play in A Grade which we earned fair and square twice you need 3 sides and juniors. It has been a hard slog, our facilities are poor and the council wont spend money as they are planning on demolishing the pavilion, but it could be 10 years. There are few kids local interested in cricket and it is hard to recruit when you have little to offer, hard to pay players when you are a small club and dont turnover a lot of money. It is a vicious circle. Our 2 best players who have stayed loyal without much pay for years have left the club after finally given in to the constant poaching attempts from cashed up clubs. Another cashed up new to A grade has been doing a winter raid and pinched more players from under our noses. We decided it would be better for the comp to go back to b grade and field just 2 teams and try and rebuild again.One thing that I can tell you is that club loyalty no longer exists as those below 30 yo are happy to go from club to club depending on who can pay thrm the most. We have tried to be an amateur club with just the coach being paid and it doesnt work anymore. It is sad as it is just park cricket and we used to play for thr mateship and enjoyment of the game. But those aspects are dead and buried. We will battle on with the personnel we have and welcome anyone new to the club. And I agree with another poster thst the reserve grade ruins the comp. Not everyone has the depth to plsy A and A reserve. We should have A grade and E grade in an 8 team comp.Also a reason why some blokes left as they were sick of being flogged in A reserve. Cheers

Well said "Coltery", If the "Board" don't understand what has been said the destruction of the comp is on their head. The comp needs to be restructured asap, this season even, It's not to late. We can't have clubs like this shutting or going down. The Colt made a very good point, they've won the right to play in A grade, the team coming up haven't. Your 100% correct Colt, there is no more loyalty I've heard the stronger clubs were talking to opposition players during the season so they can stay up I heard KP was into everyone.
Then you have Camrea, who paid thousands to pay players and now have won D grade to start going up again as they can only pay one guy big $$$$$$, seriously they haven't learn't the big $$$$$ is unstainable at our level unless your part of the DVCA and aligned with a footy club. You can't put Rosebank in this category as they have heaps to offer outside of cricket and their best players play for nothing and like it or not they have been the best club over the past 20 years, I know who they have picked up and one of them is very close to me and he's gone back to win flags. You see they let players go to earn and then their players come back, love them or hate them says something about the club. Rivergum are the modern day Camerea, paying big to keep players won three in a row fantastic, but how long will they keep this up? If the $$$$ aren't there neither will their players be and before you start whingining Chris , I'm talking facts. People can say whatever they want but unless the comp makes changes and start's taking out ridiculous rules like juniors, 3 team clubs ect we wont have any clubs left. Who cares if a club has one team you want participation not the closing down of club's. I suggest the board start looking at it that way or he comp is gone if it's not to late already.

Well said "Coltery", If the "Board" don't understand what has been said the destruction of the comp is on their head. The comp needs to be restructured asap, this season even, It's not to late. We can't have clubs like this shutting or going down. The Colt made a very good point, they've won the right to play in A grade, the team coming up haven't. Your 100% correct Colt, there is no more loyalty I've heard the stronger clubs were talking to opposition players during the season so they can stay up I heard KP was into everyone.
Then you have Camrea, who paid thousands to pay players and now have won D grade to start going up again as they can only pay one guy big $$$$$$, seriously they haven't learn't the big $$$$$ is unstainable at our level unless your part of the DVCA and aligned with a footy club. You can't put Rosebank in this category as they have heaps to offer outside of cricket and their best players play for nothing and like it or not they have been the best club over the past 20 years, I know who they have picked up and one of them is very close to me and he's gone back to win flags. You see they let players go to earn and then their players come back, love them or hate them says something about the club. Rivergum are the modern day Camerea, paying big to keep players won three in a row fantastic, but how long will they keep this up? If the $$$$ aren't there neither will their players be and before you start whingining Chris , I'm talking facts. People can say whatever they want but unless the comp makes changes and start's taking out ridiculous rules like juniors, 3 team clubs ect we wont have any clubs left. Who cares if a club has one team you want participation not the closing down of club's. I suggest the board start looking at it that way or he comp is gone if it's not to late already.
I have a very close friend in Camrea and he assures me they are NOT paying 'big money' as you say. The Club restarted from scratch last season after they separated from Thomastown and the question was put back to me " How the hell can we pay big money when we started 1/10/16 with a zero bank balance?"

I have a very close friend in Camrea and he assures me they are NOT paying 'big money' as you say. The Club restarted from scratch last season after they separated from Thomastown and the question was put back to me " How the hell can we pay big money when we started 1/10/16 with a zero bank balance?"

Lol they have had the same team for about 6 years in a row and 6-7 of the 11 players in the grand final last year were JUNIOR players for the club plus a captain coach who has been there for 10 years. JUNIOR players. That means home grown. I know a lot of you on this forum wouldn't know what home grown means.
And if somehow the rumour is true about Bonnici going to rivergum, then there is another HOMEGROWN player returning to the club. Someone who gave 10 plus years to the club before looking for a new challenge. How coltery can be bitter about that I do not know.

Who is on the big bucks? I want names and figures please.

Last edited:
Heaps of respect for Camrea. But they had Turnball, Pougius, Jesensek and McGann just to mention a few, $$$$
They pay a guy what 8k?? For D grade the guy should be playing A grade, good luck to them, they are having a crack.
When you say homegrown do you mean Camrea, Thomastown or Kingsbury??
Mate, at the end of the day it doesn't matter as mentioned earlier this generation don't give a rats, they just go wherever they get the most or to who is the close to wining a flag.
In a way we a lucky DVCA clubs don't rate us cause they're are giving average cricketers big coin.
I think we should all stick together re set the fixture and if your good enough to play at what ever level so be it.
You don't send teams down because they haven't got 2nd's or juniors ect. We need people participating in the sport not closing clubs down.
That's my take, no malice towards anyone, run your own club as you want but we should be keeping clubs afloat.

Really funny mate, your a comedian. The facts are simple. We have struggled for numbers for the last 3 years.To play in A Grade which we earned fair and square twice you need 3 sides and juniors. It has been a hard slog, our facilities are poor and the council wont spend money as they are planning on demolishing the pavilion, but it could be 10 years. There are few kids local interested in cricket and it is hard to recruit when you have little to offer, hard to pay players when you are a small club and dont turnover a lot of money. It is a vicious circle. Our 2 best players who have stayed loyal without much pay for years have left the club after finally given in to the constant poaching attempts from cashed up clubs. Another cashed up new to A grade has been doing a winter raid and pinched more players from under our noses. We decided it would be better for the comp to go back to b grade and field just 2 teams and try and rebuild again.One thing that I can tell you is that club loyalty no longer exists as those below 30 yo are happy to go from club to club depending on who can pay thrm the most. We have tried to be an amateur club with just the coach being paid and it doesnt work anymore. It is sad as it is just park cricket and we used to play for thr mateship and enjoyment of the game. But those aspects are dead and buried. We will battle on with the personnel we have and welcome anyone new to the club. And I agree with another poster thst the reserve grade ruins the comp. Not everyone has the depth to plsy A and A reserve. We should have A grade and E grade in an 8 team comp.Also a reason why some blokes left as they were sick of being flogged in A reserve. Cheers

Hey champ, not having a dig at you club so take it easy, that's just what's being said..

Totally agree with the statement re loyalty. Disappointing to see young lads jumping clubs for cash and it's a credit to your club that you held the blokes as long as you did!

A Reserve is a wasted league and I'm sure you'll be back in A grade!

Heaps of respect for Camrea. But they had Turnball, Pougius, Jesensek and McGann just to mention a few, $$$$
They pay a guy what 8k?? For D grade the guy should be playing A grade, good luck to them, they are having a crack.
When you say homegrown do you mean Camrea, Thomastown or Kingsbury??
Mate, at the end of the day it doesn't matter as mentioned earlier this generation don't give a rats, they just go wherever they get the most or to who is the close to wining a flag.
In a way we a lucky DVCA clubs don't rate us cause they're are giving average cricketers big coin.
I think we should all stick together re set the fixture and if your good enough to play at what ever level so be it.
You don't send teams down because they haven't got 2nd's or juniors ect. We need people participating in the sport not closing clubs down.
That's my take, no malice towards anyone, run your own club as you want but we should be keeping clubs afloat.
Sorry mate, I was talking about rivergum home growns not camrea. You can't compare the 2

Lol they have had the same team for about 6 years in a row and 6-7 of the 11 players in the grand final last year were JUNIOR players for the club plus a captain coach who has been there for 10 years. JUNIOR players. That means home grown. I know a lot of you on this forum wouldn't know what home grown means.
And if somehow the rumour is true about Bonnici going to rivergum, then there is another HOMEGROWN player returning to the club. Someone who gave 10 plus years to the club before looking for a new challenge. How coltery can be bitter about that I do not know.

Who is on the big bucks? I want names and figures please.
We are not bitter about Itch going back to Rivergum at all, he is a mate and we know he wants to play A grade finals. Socials have offered him big $s for years and he stayed at Colts and coached for well under his worth. The same with Toully, we also wish him well at Laurimar but they sre 2 big names that are hard to replace without paying big $s. The majority of our players are homegrown, we just dont have enough of them. We have failed for not having juniors for about a 10 year period 2004 - 2014. No kids local coming through so niw we are struggling. You either pay big money or be lucky enough to have a wealth of juniors. In the 70s and 80s we had heaps of kids in the area but young families have all pushed north. Which us why the DVCA is strong. Pretty simple.

Hey champ, not having a dig at you club so take it easy, that's just what's being said..

Totally agree with the statement re loyalty. Disappointing to see young lads jumping clubs for cash and it's a credit to your club that you held the blokes as long as you did!

It looked like a dig, all good. We chose to go down to B Grade as with our current list we would have been uncompetitive in A Grade. If we get back to A Grade it will be because we deserve it and because we have our structures right. We have to reset in a lot of areas, last year we imploded.This year we will steady the ship and maybe the alignment with NHFC will be accepted at council level next year as both clubs want it to happen. It helps if a cricket club can align itself with a football or soccer club.

All good mate, it looked like you were taking the piss. As for A Grade that may take some time. A few of our other A Grade players aren't happy dropping to B grade but we had no choice. NHFC want to align with us and for us to play at Shelley park and we are also happy to go that path. But Rosanna 3s snd 4s still have a year to run at that ground so we have to wait another year. Aligning with a big football club will help from a player perspective plus their facilities are very good. So this yesr we stabilise and try and launch again the following year.

!00% behind you Colt, The bigger clubs are'nt fair behind you, look at KP they were nearly gone last year.
Rivergum were paying heaps and Rosebank do what they do best. To be fair to them, they have played a heap of kids through their A grade over the last few years and i have no idea how they made the losing 3 GF's. The standard is rats....., that's why the comp has to back to A,b,c,d,e,f,g etc and if your good enough you play wherever you belong, not you "have to have 3 teams and Juniours" that's a rubbish rule, players will walk rather than play lower grades or against their mates someone like Bonicci or Toull will get 5k at DVCA Club.

Back