NMCA 21/22

Historically most clubs in most competitions have digressed in one way or another. And there have been some pretty aggressive and difficult clubs that have played in the NMCA over the last century. However, I don't ever recall any club ever being suspended or expelled without a hearing, any charged being laid, or having a shred of evidence to support such an unprecedented decision, present or past. Based on that, it would appear that the board of the NMCA, or certain members of that board had already pre-determined the outcome for Camrea (and Lalor), and the events of the grand final was just what they needed to carry out there judgement. As a neutral observer, I have been trying to understand and make sense of how they reached their decision. But to this day, nothing I can see that happened on grand final day could have possibly led them to make the decision they did. Fact is that apart from the young man from Camrea who threw his bat at a Lalor player, and that seemed to be in self defense clearly from the vision that most of us had access to at the time, not one Camrea player or supporter was reported. On the other hand, the NMCA reported and suspended I think up to 7 players and associated supporters from Lalor. No matter how you look at it, something just doesn't make sense. I have played cricket against Camrea for many years and have always admired their success. I have been privelaged to play against some of the greatest players to ever play in the NMCA, Jesensek, Turnbull, McGann, Pougious. Yes they played tough and hard, but they always played fair. The facts are that Camrea, together with Rosebank at the time, where just superior to any other club. I know our club was jealous of them both for dominating the competition for over a decade. And many of our members would abused them and hated them. I think back and wonder why the sentiment at the time? Now I feel sorry for them and about the decision that the clubs handed down last Thursday. It's not just a club that the NMCA have suspended. Its families, past players, junior cricketers. I think Camrea had 3 senior sides, a woman's team, and a junior team. That's around 60 cricketers that just won't be playing cricket this season, or will need to find another club. Our club was certainly not one of the clubs who voted against them.
I just kept thinking about if that was my club how I would be feeling right now. I can only imagine what the whole Camrea people must be going through right now. I personally wish them well and hope they can bounce back from this. The NMCA has seen too many clubs go under or move across to other competitions in the past 10-15 years. This would just be another one to add to the list. I only wish that the NMCA could have found a better resolution, and perhaps we may not be talking about this today.
Self defence is the use of equal or lesser force. No one has a right to swing a god damn cricket bat at anyone.

Regardless of opinions, the club have spoken. Yes the way the association originally went about it was wrong, but both sides were heard and the votes were placed. Both clubs have no one else to blame but themselves.

So can the camrea players join other clubs in the association or what's the rules regarding that? I reckon there are a few clubs around that could do with a few more players. Mine especially

So can the camera players join other clubs in the association or what's the rules regarding that? I reckon there are a few clubs around that could do with a few more players. Mine especially

They are free join other clubs/associations, as long as they aren't under the 'Camrea' name (in the NMCA of course).

Self defence is the use of equal or lesser force. No one has a right to swing a god damn cricket bat at anyone.

Regardless of opinions, the club have spoken. Yes the way the association originally went about it was wrong, but both sides were heard and the votes were placed. Both clubs have no one else to blame but themselves.

Self-defence is a defence permitting reasonable force to be used to defend one's self or another. So for example, if you are in a situation where you're being attacked, it is acceptable to defend yourself in a reasonable manner, using reasonable force to prevent the attacker from causing you further harm or injuries.

Try turning the light off when you go to bed tonight.

Self-defence is a defence permitting reasonable force to be used to defend one's self or another. So for example, if you are in a situation where you're being attacked, it is acceptable to defend yourself in a reasonable manner, using reasonable force to prevent the attacker from causing you further harm or injuries.

Try turning the light off when you go to bed tonight.

Oh sure so lets all go around swinging bats at people.
If you seriously believe thats "reasonable force" you're a bigger flog then I first thought.

Noticed Camrea captain Dawson made a century for Rosebank ( formerly the arch enemy )
Northern Socials listed as a forfeit in the A grade but their two other sides played ????

Noticed Camrea captain Dawson made a century for Rosebank ( formerly the arch enemy )
Northern Socials listed as a forfeit in the A grade but their two other sides played ????
Yeah I saw the same thing about northern socials. You beat me to it.
What's going on there? I thought you would have to fill your top side first and work your way down. That's what most comps do

Yeah I saw the same thing about northern socials. You beat me to it.
What's going on there? I thought you would have to fill your top side first and work your way down. That's what most comps do
Apparently as per the radio show, the opposition teams I believe Dennis and Preston YCW agreed to play.

And looking at the scores Socials didn't do a great deal in both games.

It's a shit show of a competition that's what it is.
2 Jika Shield games this week, Jika Shield teams not playing cricket for weeks on end.
It's quite laughable to be quite honest.

If your looking for guidance from the radio show you have lost the plot.
It's the NMCA's propaganda machine.

Arch enemy yes but respected by Camrea.
Played tough, hard cricket but made the competition better by bringing quality cricketers into the competition.
Both clubs copped plenty of abuse during there dominant years from clubs that were jealous and envious.
Couldn't handle the new kids on the block dominating.

The clubs currently at the top of Jika Sheild would lose outright to Rosebank and Camrea of the 90's and early 2000's.

It's a shit show of a competition that's what it is.
2 Jika Shield games this week, Jika Shield teams not playing cricket for weeks on end.
It's quite laughable to be quite honest.

If your looking for guidance from the radio show you have lost the plot.
It's the NMCA's propaganda machine.

Yet here you are crying yourself to sleep, begging to be let back in.

Yet here you are crying yourself to sleep, begging to be let back in.

We don't have to beg to get back in.
Getting a stern email and getting upset and then trying to find a way too get that club back doesn't cut it, trying to protect clubs at the top of the ladder from chasing 280 runs and playing against Camrea doesn't cut it either, if you have any sort of agenda against Camrea it just doesn't cut it.
Went to court the first time and the NMCA got smashed.
Gone to court again today and injunction granted to Camrea.
You know it seems quite strange when someone looks at the facts and has no bias the decisions are only going one way (CAMREA's way).
Pro bono is better off sticking to singing with U2 than trying to mount a case for the NMCA.

If you leave the light on once you have had your hot chocolate tonight, it's ok.

Camrea reinstated by an independent judge AGAIN who can see through the NMCA rubbish that has been presented.
Pity the flock of sheep can't see what the judge sees.
You blokes are being a bigger nuisance then anything. The clubs have said they don't want you, surely it's time to forget about NMCA and just go find another comp.

And yes ill go drink my hot chocolate, but you best go pick up all the toys you threw out the cot.

Last edited:
You blokes are being a bigger nuisance then anything. The clubs have said they don't want you, surely it's time to forget about NMCA and just go find another comp.

And yes ill go drink my hot chocolate, but you best go pick up all the toys you threw out the cot.

I feel for you, I really do.
The NMCA don't want us, most of the clubs don't want us, most of the life members don't want us either.
Problem is the judges absolutely love us.

Back