North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

mas cambios;379983 said:
Way to miss the point.

If the topic moves on or develops because of something new then fine, discuss. However, if its just repeating the same old crap for 30 posts then it's probably going to get old very quickly.

We are viewed as being harsh here, yet looking at the stats we delete around one post per day on average (and that's including spam posts). We probably edit 2 maybe 3 posts at push and I reckon we yellow card 1 maybe 2 users per week.

Jesus Christ, we are about as lenient as we can be given that the main topic of the board involves people who come face to face with each other on a regular basis. If you want to see harsh just let me know and we'll give it a whirl.

WAY TO MISS THE POINT ALRIGHT.

As mentioned if 10 of us want to talk about Phil and have our opinions on his approach on match day than we should have the right to do that. These are not personal attacks on the bloke himself, they are merely comments based upon how WE think the game of cricket should be played. If WE attack somebody personally, well fair enough, delete the post or edit it. There didnt seem to be a problem last year when Tulla were attacked for the exact same reasons. This is a democracy. Please read below

The term democracy comes from the Greek language and means "rule by the (simple) people". The so-called "democracies" in classical antiquity (Athens and Rome) represent precursors of modern democracies. Like modern democracy, they were created as a reaction to a concentration and abuse of power by the rulers. Yet the theory of modern democracy was not formulated until the Age of Enlightment (17th/18th centuries), when philosophers defined the essential elements of democracy: separation of powers, basic civil rights / human rights, religious liberty and separation of church and state.

Enough Said

Now please don't miss the POINT

Wallop;379990 said:

As mentioned if 10 of us want to talk about Phil and have our opinions on his approach on match day than we should have the right to do that. These are not personal attacks on the bloke himself, they are merely comments based upon how WE think the game of cricket should be played. If WE attack somebody personally, well fair enough, delete the post or edit it. There didnt seem to be a problem last year when Tulla were attacked for the exact same reasons. This is a democracy. Please read below

The term democracy comes from the Greek language and means "rule by the (simple) people". The so-called "democracies" in classical antiquity (Athens and Rome) represent precursors of modern democracies. Like modern democracy, they were created as a reaction to a concentration and abuse of power by the rulers. Yet the theory of modern democracy was not formulated until the Age of Enlightment (17th/18th centuries), when philosophers defined the essential elements of democracy: separation of powers, basic civil rights / human rights, religious liberty and separation of church and state.

Enough Said

Wallop 1 Cambios 0,

Not bad, not bad @ all.

CheeQuee;379807 said:
Good round of matches on paper coming up in Nth B1.
Abers v Aber Park should be a beauty for top spot going into XMas, great fightback by Aber park last week to knock over Jacana, and Abers had a close shave against Flemington.

Jacana v Flem you'd expect Jacana to win but a score of 150 could well win this contest, especially out at Jacana Reserve. The wheels fell off for Jacana last season after X-mas so they'd want to finish '09 off with a win.

St Andrews v Kingy Baps They aren't far off a win St Andrews but the Baps are in good form and fought hard for their win last week. Sitting nicely in the top 4 and credit to them.

Seabrook v Roosters must win for both these sides you'd reckon. Could be a pretty even contest & Alt Roosters imports have been doing a good job since heading over. Line ball game for mine.

Any1 else got any selections? think its time to talk some cricket again....

Certainly going to be a bumper round in nth b1, The top of table clash will be the highlight. Not sure how the wicket will come up after last nights downpour but the toss may well decide the fortunes of both sides. If Pascu and Albers get to trundle on a bowler friendly deck it may be hard work for the abers batsmen. Should be a very close game, but going with Aber park in this one.

Jacana and Flemington will be very interesting game, my tip is jacana to bounce back after last weeks reverse outright. Ide say the lads from jacana would be fired up and Flemingtons year is slowly slipping away, they seem to have dropped of this year, a couple of years ago you would have backed them to make 140 easily. They certainly need to win if there any chance of figuring in finals.

Kingy Bapts should account for St Andrews, it would be great to see the sainters post a win but the kingy boys seem to playing good cricket against there current opposition, im not going to declare them finalist just yet, i think the boys will have a tough run after xmas.

Seabrook and Roosters will fight out a close one, both sides have players in form and that should provide some good viewing for supporters. Seabrook are my smokey for the finals, so ill tip them in a close one. I see Frazer Wilson tonned up in the magoos last game. He will be a good inclusion for the side as he offers good skills with bat and ball. Seabrook to win for me.

Lets hope all games get underway.

Wallop;379990 said:

Enough Said

You fail to realise this, we provide you with forum. We are doing you the favour, not the other way round. I applaud your powers of copy and paste but you forget one thing, this is not a democracy. Sorry, but you have little if any say in how things are done. Pay to use the forums and maybe that will change but until then myself and the other owners dictate what goes.

Also, there is no such thing as freedom of speech, especially when posting on forums. You agree to our rules when you sign up - remember?

If not, have a refresh:

Although the administrators and moderators of BigCricket will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of BigCricket, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of BigCricket reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

The section in bold applies to posts, forums, blog posts and what ever else you care to name.

Anyway, this isn't really my fight. I only stepped in because someone (who shall remain nameless) was starting to wobble and wanted to discuss the art of moderation with beachy, face to face. I don't really care what you discuss nor how you discuss it but if you must all prattle on at least make 1 in 3 posts semi interesting. Who knows, I might even do the same.

mas cambios;379997 said:
You fail to realise this, we provide you with forum. We are doing you the favour, not the other way round. I applaud your powers of copy and paste but you forget one thing, this is not a democracy. Sorry, but you have little if any say in how things are done. Pay to use the forums and maybe that will change but until then myself and the other owners dictate what goes.

Also, there is no such thing as freedom of speech, especially when posting on forums. You agree to our rules when you sign up - remember?

If not, have a refresh:

The section in bold applies to posts, forums, blog posts and what ever else you care to name.

Anyway, this isn't really my fight. I only stepped in because someone (who shall remain nameless) was starting to wobble and wanted to discuss the art of moderation with beachy, face to face. I don't really care what you discuss nor how you discuss it but if you must all prattle on at least make 1 in 3 posts semi interesting. Who knows, I might even do the same.

Wallop 1 Cambios 1. Fair square up.

mas cambios;379997 said:

If not, have a refresh:

Spare me Barack, spare me. Something tells me you require a full time job..

Wallop;379990 said:

Enough Said

Wallop as a Greek im offended u threw the Romans into the mix.
Enjoyed ur history lesson but the Romans were nothing but copy cats. Spaghetti would be a case in point it's Chinese, Marco Polo stole the concept.
The 17/18th century were the dark ages.
The Golden age was the age of enlightenment 2000 years before christ in Athens. Have u heard of Socrates or Plato they new how to throw a dusra way back when the Poms thought the earth was flat.

Long live freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;380031 said:
Wallop as a Greek im offended u threw the Romans into the mix.
Enjoyed ur history lesson but the Romans were nothing but copy cats. Spaghetti would be a case in point it's Chinese, Marco Polo stole the concept.
The 17/18th century were the dark ages.
The Golden age was the age of enlightenment 2000 years before christ in Athens. Have u heard of Socrates or Plato they new how to throw a dusra way back when the Poms thought the earth was flat.

Long live freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!

From all reports BigCoq thats not the only thing the Italians stole. Example,

Apparently the Greeks invented sex and the Italians stole that too, the Italians apparently introduced it to women.

Wallop;380041 said:

Apparently the Greeks invented sex and the Italians stole that too, the Italians apparently introduced it to women.

Yep ...that's Gold!! Old, Very old but gold nonre the less!!:D

Wallop;380041 said:

Yep ...that's Gold!! Old, Very old but gold none the less!!:D

2time;379979 said:
Speaking to a couple of the Albans boys Saturday night Preecey got stretchered from the field. McCammond supposedly hit him about 6 times & he couldn't walk after it. One of em said it was the quickest spell they've ever seen.

Spot on - McCammond hit PReecy a few times, most notably twice on the side of the knee - still struggling to walk a week later.... Xrays all clear so will be back and 100% after xmas....

As for Werribee - from all reports they were all on best behaviour yesterday !! No issues at reported back from our guys..

Flemington another team stitched up at Jacana Reserve by losing the toss and getting put in on that rubbish wicket

Jacana will finish a high spot based upon their ability to bat 2nd on that heap they have

BigCoq;380092 said:
Ouch boys ur really mean boo hoo.
Help me Mas im being bullied...:D

It gets worse for you Biggun' ....who was it that came in off the long run at a hit and giggle charity match yesterday? :D

roosters hack;380503 said:
It gets worse for you Biggun' ....who was it that came in off the long run at a hit and giggle charity match yesterday? :D

That was my pre season right there.
Im right to go now.
The seconds are looking good might have to bowl some SMOKE and take someone out in the new year. :D

BigCoq;380515 said:
That was my pre season right there.
Im right to go now.
The seconds are looking good might have to bowl some SMOKE and take someone out in the new year. :D

If you think bowling "smoke" will get you there, i would think you have already been smoking something else!! I would reckon the thirds will suit you right down to the ground mate.:D:D

You thought ur saw smoke sunday !!!!!
extreme heat last night by the bigcoq yes pure heat had plenty of 1s players on the back foot wanting to call the cfa with that smoke!!!!!

The problem is Big Coq that you cant bowl absolute fire in these conditions as you will get arrested for threatening bush fires. Similar reason, i feel is why all Rangas MUST stay in their houses for the forseeable future.

RangaRooster;380747 said:
The problem is Big Coq that you cant bowl absolute fire in these conditions as you will get arrested for threatening bush fires. Similar reason, i feel is why all Rangas MUST stay in their houses for the forseeable future.

Gold!! beware all Fanta Pants Bigguns coming to get ya!!:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back