North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

oldman65;353122 said:
Stormer68;353087 said:
how many of these youngs guns would have made 300 runs last year or taken 15 wickets in luscombe ?
and dont give me this 2nds crap if they are any good they would be playing in your one's.
Nothing against your mob because i actually like having a bundy with a few of them after the game but if your in your early 20's and any good then surely they would have got a gig in your 1st eleven last year.

How is Lozza tell him he owes me a bundy!
Is wilo going to retire?

sorry didnt answer your question properly... Well i did go into it to show you the depth of younger players at each club....all which is pretty good

the bottom 3 on our list are the only 1s not to play 1s last season... cant be bothered going through sats for ya...but devereux got around 20 wkts hasset 10-15wkts buttigieg around 10 wkts... in that list theres 5 bats...20man and lindsay played all if not most in the 1s woulda got 450 runs between them if lucky...the other 3 only played a handful of games.

onto myself...2 yrs ago i got my taste of luscombe... got a 50 gainst lakes and 47 gainst gladdy 2 wks later (tells you im good enough)... apart from that i didnt get out of the teens... or even look like doin anything...love being up their just couldnt perform consistently enough....

y i didnt play 1s last year... I couldnt get a run in the 2s even if i had cronic gastro!!! I even ended up getting droppd 2 the 3s (where i did ok).... all in all very disapointing season for myself... dropped for a granny but noone to blame but myself.

Weapons....to be honest i havnt looked into it... Nor will I... but im sure you have... and guessing by that response you may have applied for the job and got knocked back...(B4 U ASK I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHO THE APPLICANTS WERE OR THE PROCESSES WENT THROUGH TO APPOINT THE COACH) you know who he is so im sure you dont need me to answer the questions you have posed...

please dont tell me we have another case of sour grapes on here

Gladyboy;353213 said:
I agree with Voodoo I think Taylors like Craigieburn and Westy have before them will put there 3rds in Stringer with the opinion that they will be competitive only to be bought back down to earth. Realistically they will be fairly competitive in Muir.

AS for the 8th side if Donnybrook can pick up 1 or 2 decent cricketers they will be as good as roxy buckley and the storm.

Im hoping that clubs are recruiting talent and keeping quiet otherwise the top 2 or 3 will dominate and the rest will be making up the numbers

Would prefer to have Donnybrook as they are a good bunch of blokes but yes i agree that they will need to pick up a couple of good bats and even a bowler or 2.
but from what i have heard around the urinal is that Lewis and Korpy are both leaving to play at Clarkefield and if this is correct then they would really need to pick up at least 6 first graders.
Hope Lewis and Korpy stay and Donnybrook get it together!

I propose just to make it a bit more interesting on here this year that we have a tipping comp, obviously we wont be able to have money involved as to many of you blokes love your annominity and Im sure that their will be some rule against it but it could add a bit of interest.

Most of us give our opinions weekly on who will win I figure it will be interesting to keep a tally which I am happy to update weekly and see who comes up trumps.

What do you guys think?

Gladyboy;353328 said:
I propose just to make it a bit more interesting on here this year that we have a tipping comp, obviously we wont be able to have money involved as to many of you blokes love your annominity and Im sure that their will be some rule against it but it could add a bit of interest.

Most of us give our opinions weekly on who will win I figure it will be interesting to keep a tally which I am happy to update weekly and see who comes up trumps.

What do you guys think?

im up for it.

would just like to know who the top 2 or 3 sides will be this year because i believe the upcoming cricket season will have a few surprises - whether taylors were in luscombe or not. wat do u all think.
i will go out on a limb and have a crack at the top four and this is without knowing 2 much about player movements - in no particular order:
- paco, glady, campbellfield and fourth........2 hard lol

captaindaddy;353364 said:
would just like to know who the top 2 or 3 sides will be this year because i believe the upcoming cricket season will have a few surprises - whether taylors were in luscombe or not. wat do u all think.
i will go out on a limb and have a crack at the top four and this is without knowing 2 much about player movements - in no particular order:

ive just been going through all the posts through the last 10 pages.im very surprised that there hasnt been much said about roxy and kealba.roxy did pretty well with there young side last year and will suprize alot of sides this year.I think kealba will be better for there finals experience and if it is true that they have picked a good bat well that could be a very big plus for them and they have a very good mix of players but as everyone knows they needed a couple more bats so then they wernt relying on there bowlers all the time..i think pacco will step it up a notch this year especially after last year probably having a modest season compared to previous years.even with the loss of taylors lakes i think it will be a very competitive season this year.the pressure is guna be on gladdy right away from round 1 to win the flag

Gladyboy;353328 said:

What do you guys think?

Im Keen!!

But ill lose!

Gladyboy;353328 said:

What do you guys think?
Yes I'll have a dip at that as well

Stormer any truth that the new coach is bringing some mates from willy with him this year? will this make it harder for you to get a game in luscombe will it?

cockroach;353385 said:
Stormer any truth that the new coach is bringing some mates from willy with him this year? will this make it harder for you to get a game in luscombe will it?

I know one guy from Willy has moved into the area. He is my neighbour - looks a bit like Gomez Addams.

cockroach;353385 said:

Mate I cant get a game in the 2s!!!! Im a shit truck....NO hope!!

who knows??? Fact and rumour are 2 different things

I dont believe anything until the 1st Rd is completed.....

Stormer68;353237 said:
oldman65;353122 said:
sorry didnt answer your question properly... Well i did go into it to show you the depth of younger players at each club....all which is pretty good

the bottom 3 on our list are the only 1s not to play 1s last season... cant be bothered going through sats for ya...but devereux got around 20 wkts hasset 10-15wkts buttigieg around 10 wkts... in that list theres 5 bats...20man and lindsay played all if not most in the 1s woulda got 450 runs between them if lucky...the other 3 only played a handful of games.

onto myself...2 yrs ago i got my taste of luscombe... got a 50 gainst lakes and 47 gainst gladdy 2 wks later (tells you im good enough)... apart from that i didnt get out of the teens... or even look like doin anything...love being up their just couldnt perform consistently enough....

y i didnt play 1s last year... I couldnt get a run in the 2s even if i had cronic gastro!!! I even ended up getting droppd 2 the 3s (where i did ok).... all in all very disapointing season for myself... dropped for a granny but noone to blame but myself.

Weapons....to be honest i havnt looked into it... Nor will I... but im sure you have... and guessing by that response you may have applied for the job and got knocked back...(B4 U ASK I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHO THE APPLICANTS WERE OR THE PROCESSES WENT THROUGH TO APPOINT THE COACH) you know who he is so im sure you dont need me to answer the questions you have posed...

please dont tell me we have another case of sour grapes on here

nope didnt apply....but your coach did interview me for the haig job i just found it interesting that he landed with you guys hence all the questions...so that tells me he got out while it was hot in the kitchen......i did have a chat with you guys last season though and all i got was as i got with 2 of the nwca clubs i went 4 the coaching role and that was to be an assistant coach.......so obviously you guys missed out and the other team won their 3rd premiership on the trot.......so think what you like.......

i highly doubt any 1 from willy would go to play with bob nor would they come play with me at my new club deer park...i wouldnt ask any of them anyway way too much respect for my former club......

Gladyboy;353328 said:

What do you guys think?

im in!!

captaindaddy;353364 said:

My top 4 for the coming season is

Gladdy
Pacco
CCC
kealba
Roxy will not be far behind but rely far to much on Johny
Syd hill will struggle for a little longer
Buckley park will struggle without Hass/Macca

oldman65;353122 said:
Stormer68;353087 said:
how many of these youngs guns would have made 300 runs last year or taken 15 wickets in luscombe ?
and dont give me this 2nds crap if they are any good they would be playing in your one's.
Nothing against your mob because i actually like having a bundy with a few of them after the game but if your in your early 20's and any good then surely they would have got a gig in your 1st eleven last year.

How is Lozza tell him he owes me a bundy!
Is wilo going to retire?
interesting reading about young players and the amount of runs / wickets taken . 300 runs / 15 wkts , not many !reason simple , there is only one club in luscombe where the young players are apart of the senior core , paco . tripp and harey are their 2 best players . they make 300 plus runs and take 30 plus wickets each season because they get opertunities each week and have the talent .
at clubs like gladdy , taylors , syd, and buckley the younger players are periferal players . the best players at these clubs are older , some cases in their late 30's / early 40's . markham , markham , wilson , hackney ,lozza , shepard, camaleri , telford , erdman ,mcpherson , thomas etc etc .
when rating younger players or any players its not how many runs / wkts they get during the season but those that are capable of standing up in big games and finals . from all those names mentioned how many would be capable of getting a 5 'fa of a 70 plus ?? not many !
the five best under 25's in luscombe excluding taylors are -
tripp (opening bowler / top order bat with multiple 100's / 5 fa's on cv )
harey ( top order bat with 100's )
fackler ( opening bowler with multiple 5 fa's and a 70 plus in final )
fitzpatrick ( would get 35 plus wickets if at a club with less bowling options.only 19 )
pitts d. ( same as fitzpatrick. bolwer capable of getting 35-40 wkts .handy bat and an obundance of passion and grunt . only 20 )
so stormer68 , its not how old you but how good you are and how you perform .

Once again posts have had to be removed because 'members' are unable to abide by some pretty simple rules.

I seem to recall closing this thread down recently; once again it's looking good for the chop. Keep it clean, on topic and without the abuse and things will be fine. Carry on as you have been and this thread as well as the local club boards will be closed.

laker's legend;353769 said:
oldman65;353122 said:
interesting reading about young players and the amount of runs / wickets taken . 300 runs / 15 wkts , not many !reason simple , there is only one club in luscombe where the young players are apart of the senior core , paco . tripp and harey are their 2 best players . they make 300 plus runs and take 30 plus wickets each season because they get opertunities each week and have the talent .
at clubs like gladdy , taylors , syd, and buckley the younger players are periferal players . the best players at these clubs are older , some cases in their late 30's / early 40's . markham , markham , wilson , hackney ,lozza , shepard, camaleri , telford , erdman ,mcpherson , thomas etc etc .
when rating younger players or any players its not how many runs / wkts they get during the season but those that are capable of standing up in big games and finals . from all those names mentioned how many would be capable of getting a 5 'fa of a 70 plus ?? not many !
the five best under 25's in luscombe excluding taylors are -
tripp (opening bowler / top order bat with multiple 100's / 5 fa's on cv )
harey ( top order bat with 100's )
fackler ( opening bowler with multiple 5 fa's and a 70 plus in final )
fitzpatrick ( would get 35 plus wickets if at a club with less bowling options.only 19 )
pitts d. ( same as fitzpatrick. bolwer capable of getting 35-40 wkts .handy bat and an obundance of passion and grunt . only 20 )
so stormer68 , its not how old you but how good you are and how you perform .
Interesting reply you make there legend, if those 5 players you mention are the best in the competition, then for young players with so much ability what are they doing still playing on hard wickets, why haven;t they gone on to play at a higher level and really test themselves and see how good they really are?
I agree with you that Hare & Tripp are talented players having performed in big games on many occassions, however they have refused to take the next step up and test themselves. The other players you speak of, if they are capable of 30 plus wickets a year at 19 or 20 then they should be playing on turf somewhere and proving that point, so far they have come with big reputations and disappointed in the games that counted, performances & stats speak for themselves, 1 score between them in a losing s/f and not many wickets for players you say are capable of doing great things. Not 1 of the above mentioned players has stood up in big games or finals consistantly in the last 2 years.

cockroach;353998 said:
Interesting reply you make there legend, if those 5 players you mention are the best in the competition, then for young players with so much ability what are they doing still playing on hard wickets, why haven;t they gone on to play at a higher level and really test themselves and see how good they really are?
I agree with you that Hare & Tripp are talented players having performed in big games on many occassions, however they have refused to take the next step up and test themselves. The other players you speak of, if they are capable of 30 plus wickets a year at 19 or 20 then they should be playing on turf somewhere and proving that point, so far they have come with big reputations and disappointed in the games that counted, performances & stats speak for themselves, 1 score between them in a losing s/f and not many wickets for players you say are capable of doing great things. Not 1 of the above mentioned players has stood up in big games or finals consistantly in the last 2 years.

I will have to jump to the defence of the Gladyboys here, both Fitz and Pitts came from turf clubs Fitzy had a bowling average under 5 on turf. As for Pitts I thought his MOM in the one day final against Paccoe when he bowled us to victory in a game we never should have won was a big enough game

cockroach;353998 said:

What makes you think that by playing on turf it makes you a better cricketer..i hate this argument, theres plenty of bowlers out there who get wickets on turf who have come to luscombe and done sweet f'all..

As far as me and trippy are concerned, when you play at a club that you love, with the best bunch of blokes going around, where no-one including the coach gets payed, and everyone gets along, ask yourself..Why would you leave?

Not all of us get off on telling people we played district seconds/firsts for essendon or whoever, some of us play sport for the great friendships that are made and most of all, for FUN! And most importantly, the best thing about our comp is you know the blokes you play against and make great friends with them and get out on the piss together..something you lose when you play a higher level..

As far as testing ourselves goes mate, myself and paul are happy where we are, and the fact that 5 guys we played dowling with (all of which myself and paul scored more runs in then the 5 were talking about) have played district 1's cricket and been successful, so i have no doubt, had we have acquitted ourselves, then we could have made it..

But were very very very happy where we are thank you very much...

Harey;354040 said:
cockroach;353998 said:
What makes you think that by playing on turf it makes you a better cricketer..i hate this argument, theres plenty of bowlers out there who get wickets on turf who have come to luscombe and done sweet f'all..

As far as me and trippy are concerned, when you play at a club that you love, with the best bunch of blokes going around, where no-one including the coach gets payed, and everyone gets along, ask yourself..Why would you leave?

Not all of us get off on telling people we played district seconds/firsts for essendon or whoever, some of us play sport for the great friendships that are made and most of all, for FUN! And most importantly, the best thing about our comp is you know the blokes you play against and make great friends with them and get out on the piss together..something you lose when you play a higher level..

As far as testing ourselves goes mate, myself and paul are happy where we are, and the fact that 5 guys we played dowling with (all of which myself and paul scored more runs in then the 5 were talking about) have played district 1's cricket and been successful, so i have no doubt, had we have acquitted ourselves, then we could have made it..

But were very very very happy where we are thank you very much...

Well said Cam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back