North West Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association 09/10

Gladyboy;354031 said:
cockroach;353998 said:
I will have to jump to the defence of the Gladyboys here, both Fitz and Pitts came from turf clubs Fitzy had a bowling average under 5 on turf. As for Pitts I thought his MOM in the one day final against Paccoe when he bowled us to victory in a game we never should have won was a big enough game

Thats one of the funniest things i have ever read!

The word at O'Sullis last night was that Paccoe have picked up Killa, if true it makes Paccoe look very very good and Roxy non competitive.

Is this true, I heard it from Paccoe

very interesting if true gladyboy. if true would strengthen pacco's push 4 another luscombe shield title...further strengthening their stringer shield team. what else has anybody heard and any player movements known yet to be factual.

Gladyboy;354484 said:
The word at O'Sullis last night was that Paccoe have picked up Killa, if true it makes Paccoe look very very good and Roxy non competitive.

Is this true, I heard it from Paccoe

That would be a huge pick up for the Pacco Boys!!! Can anyone from RP confirm or deny.

The only other movement I have heard is that Adrian Russell will be back in the comp next year....I cant confirm if it is true though.

cockroach;353998 said:
laker's legend;353769 said:
Interesting reply you make there legend, if those 5 players you mention are the best in the competition, then for young players with so much ability what are they doing still playing on hard wickets, why haven;t they gone on to play at a higher level and really test themselves and see how good they really are?
I agree with you that Hare & Tripp are talented players having performed in big games on many occassions, however they have refused to take the next step up and test themselves. The other players you speak of, if they are capable of 30 plus wickets a year at 19 or 20 then they should be playing on turf somewhere and proving that point, so far they have come with big reputations and disappointed in the games that counted, performances & stats speak for themselves, 1 score between them in a losing s/f and not many wickets for players you say are capable of doing great things. Not 1 of the above mentioned players has stood up in big games or finals consistantly in the last 2 years.

cockroach cockroach cockroach the question was'nt why good young players with ability prefer playing hard wickets .that is for you to find out from the individuals .the discusion point was the best young players in the comp .i agree with harey , these guys who just automatically think playing turf makes you a better player !
cockroach you must be an ex turf bowler who just rolled his arm over on that crap they call a turf pitch and get a lazy 8 ' fa !
teams making on average 100 runs per innings , numerous bowlers and just bowlers getting 50 plus wickets a year , outright losses every round and batsmen getting 30 hits for the year and making 250 runs .you call that cricket ??
one thing hard wickets gives you is an honest , even contest .and not all hard wickets are the same .are all turf wickets the same ? cockroach you should pad up on the kealba deck and see how easy it's to make runs or just survive !
the major difference with all comp's , hard / turf is not the surface but the depth in playing stocks and teams .the better the comp the more good players / teams playing .
i agree with you re. young players to eventually try their luck in a higher comp . impoves their game ! always encouraging the young blokes to have a crack at district / subi level . end of the day its about personal choice and like harey said , playing at a good club with mates and enjoying your cricket is a much better prospect to playing at sh#t clubs .playing for a quality club is very much underestimated .

nah mate, i had a chat with him few weeks ago, he wont be at paco and im sure he wont be at roxy either.

Jim Nayzium;354603 said:
Sounds like he needs a limbo stick.:eek:

That really hurts Roxy the fact that you have confirmed he is leaving makes me think my mail about Paccoe is on the mail.

Their are going to be alot of very one sided contests this year

Gladyboy, where's Fackler heading? Ive heard its to a club in the MMVCA from one person and then its a VTCA club from another.

Gladyboy;354604 said:
That really hurts Roxy the fact that you have confirmed he is leaving makes me think my mail about Paccoe is on the mail.

Nah i dont think so, we have alot of young talent who will keep improving. plus expect some good signings in the next couple of months.

im possibly leaving roxy aswell, going to play turf at glenroy.:cool:

this season is going to be very interesting - cant wait 2 c who is going where and if true about roxy players they would want 2 pick up some very good players or they mite find themselves at the wrong end of the ladder this upcoming season. i have heard on the grapevine that some pretty good cricketers are coming across 2 our comp ...cant wait 2 c

Gladyboy;354604 said:

Gladyboy, I have heard that you have picked up Danny Campbell but lost Fitzy.

roxy09;354642 said:
nah i dont think so, we have alot of young talent who will keep improving. Plus expect some good signings in the next couple of months.

Im possibly leaving roxy aswell, going to play turf at glenroy.:cool:

no killa no roxy!!!!!!

Second Slip;354789 said:
Gladdyboy,

I also heard that Telford was not playing, something to do with his business... can you confirm?

He is playing but may miss a few games when work is flat out

Gladyboy;354791 said:
He is playing but may miss a few games when work is flat out

cmon Gladyboy give us more,what about Fitzy and Fackler?
are they in or out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know im going back on an old subject.........

just wondering from the c.c.c boys if the old coach has been told he isnt coaching next season......

from what i hear he still thinks he is coaching.......

oldman65;354796 said:
cmon Gladyboy give us more,what about Fitzy and Fackler?
are they in or out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Oldman I am not about to divulge all information on our playing list for the upcoming season, I will give you this though without coming across as arrogant we have definetly improved our list on last year and will be stronger that I can guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back