North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

All is very quiet on the forum this week!! I thought there would be more action with finals around the corner!!!!!!

What does everyone think will be the makeup of the semi finals??

cutoverslips46;329669 said:
The interest is definately in the game between KGG & CCC. Pacco will win comfortably and will play TL in the Semi. Do you think Gladdy are licking their lips not having to face Pacco or TL in a Semi?

Hey Cutover, I take it you think Gladdy will beat TL then to keep top spot? Is there a chance that TL can make it to the top or have Gladdy Park got it wrapped up even if they lose? Whatever the case, should be an interesting weekend with all the interest on that game and the CCC vs KGG game!

Opening Batsman;328705 said:
Too easy for Campbellfield to get the 140 in 30 odd overs.

My tip is Kealba to be bowled out by tea time and Campbellfield not even have to bat again.

How things change in a short amount of time Opening Batsman not that long ago you were telling all that you hoped CCC finished last again in luscombe shield.
CCC wont finish last this season and would not expect them to finish anywhere near the bottom for some time. they will keep all players for next season and with a few NEW RECRUITS coming next season they will be pushing for a flag.

Barney's Mate;329888 said:
Hey Cutover, I take it you think Gladdy will beat TL then to keep top spot? Is there a chance that TL can make it to the top or have Gladdy Park got it wrapped up even if they lose? Whatever the case, should be an interesting weekend with all the interest on that game and the CCC vs KGG game!

I think the most intriguing thing is whether Donnybrook who have dominated Stringer will want to come up to Luscombe meaning Buckley Park get relegated. It will be the first time in many years we have seen a side get relegated.

oldman65;329654 said:
How things change in a short amount of time Opening Batsman not that long ago you were telling all that you hoped CCC finished last again in luscombe shield.
CCC wont finish last this season and would not expect them to finish anywhere near the bottom for some time. they will keep all players for next season and with a few NEW RECRUITS coming next season they will be pushing for a flag.

The interest is definately in the game between KGG & CCC. Pacco will win comfortably and will play TL in the Semi. Do you think Gladdy are licking their lips not having to face Pacco or TL in a Semi?

oldman65;329654 said:

but at what cost? $$$$ spending big
could push the flag for this season, anything possible in finals, what the saying something like cricket is a strange game?

They would have to be a little bit concerned at the prospect of playing CCC! In the 2 encounters this year CCC went down by only a few runs in a one dayer and then chased down a huge score for victory in a 2 day game.

Gladyboy;329907 said:
I think the most intriguing thing is whether Donnybrook who have dominated Stringer will want to come up to Luscombe meaning Buckley Park get relegated. It will be the first time in many years we have seen a side get relegated.

From what i hear,Buckley will struggle next year with a couple of bigs outs for next season,Hass moving interstate for work, Eardo living in Bendigo and 1 other to change clubs during the off season. (not sure who that is but a massive out so i have been told)
having said that i am not sure the comp would want to change too many things next season if the merger goes ahead.
Donnybrook still need to win the flag but yes they are keen to move back into Luscombe shield if they can win it according to Hoggy and a few of the boys.

I wonder if predicted showers will help KGG out 2morrow. Im backing they will be coming off as soon as they smell rain. Every over they dodge helps them out

Barney's Mate;329888 said:

Gladyboy;330090 said:
I wonder if predicted showers will help KGG out 2morrow. Im backing they will be coming off as soon as they smell rain. Every over they dodge helps them out

Early morning drizzle top of 24!!not showers,sounds like Gladdy are hoping for rain i wonder why?

oldman65;329654 said:

but at what cost? $$$$ spending big
could push the flag for this season, anything possible in finals, what the saying something like cricket is a strange game?

From what i hear Glady are wrapped to be playing either of the 2 teams!
Dodging TL and Paco was the best result.

Gladdy were not at all worried about the result last time around as they had there worst day possible in the field. If gladdy switch on Camp or Kealba wont give a YELP!

Gladyboy;329907 said:

From what i hear,Buckley will struggle next year with a couple of bigs outs for next season,Hass moving interstate for work, Eardo living in Bendigo and 1 other to change clubs during the off season. (not sure who that is but a massive out so i have been told)
having said that i am not sure the comp would want to change too many things next season if the merger goes ahead.
Donnybrook still need to win the flag but yes they are keen to move back into Luscombe shield if they can win it according to Hoggy and a few of the boys.

NWCA VET;330184 said:

Gladdy were not at all worried about the result last time around as they had there worst day possible in the field. If gladdy switch on Camp or Kealba wont give a YELP!

Do not mistake this for arrogance its confidence but I could not agree more we are not fazed either way.

Gladyboy;330090 said:

Early morning drizzle top of 24!!not showers,sounds like Gladdy are hoping for rain i wonder why?

tubby;330935 said:
who made the runs and batted all day 4 keabla, big effort to keep c/field out.

Great effort by them to bat the day out ,could be a turning point for them.will definately be a confidence booster for the finals for them knowing the can bat th overs and they already have enough confidence with the ball.how would taylors be feeling goin into this weeks game especially after losing 2 spot.i see sydenham finally got another win so does that mean buckley go down,would be a shame to see them lose there key players and also go down to stringer,surely donnybrook wont come up as they will have pretty much the same side as when they last played luscombe sheild.

To anyone assiociated with CCC.

Any truth to the rumor....that you have already appointed a coach for next season, in fact appointed a coach b4 the begininng of the round 14 game. I have been made aware that your 'new coach' is from another club in the NWCA luscombe shield in season 08/09.

Please correct me if im wrong 'CCC' or 'oldman65'.

Well done to all teams in the finals!!!...Should be 2 very good games!!

Choo Choo

NWCA VET;330184 said:

Do not mistake this for arrogance its confidence but I could not agree more we are not fazed either way.

Gladyboy;330212 said:

What do you mean "we"......arent you a twos player boy???:eek::p:D

tubby;330935 said:
who made the runs and batted all day 4 keabla, big effort to keep c/field out.

Great effort by them to bat the day out ,could be a turning point for them.will definately be a confidence booster for the finals for them knowing the can bat th overs and they already have enough confidence with the ball.how would taylors be feeling goin into this weeks game especially after losing 2 spot.i see sydenham finally got another win so does that mean buckley go down,would be a shame to see them lose there key players and also go down to stringer,surely donnybrook wont come up as they will have pretty much the same side as when they last played luscombe sheild.

Gladyboy;331211 said:
Cmon Vline name names?

lol...not that easy.....to be honest i dont know names, my source didnt give me names, but i have been made aware of the club!!.....but sorry i wont say much more until 'mighty ccc' or 'oldman' at least give a reason to say!......sorry all but i want to know that my rumor has substance

Any truth to the rumor....that you have already appointed a coach for next season, in fact appointed a coach b4 the begininng of the round 14 game. I have been made aware that your 'new coach' is from another club in the NWCA luscombe shield in season 08/09.

Choo Choo

The VLine;331529 said:
lol...not that easy.....to be honest i dont know names, my source didnt give me names, but i have been made aware of the club!!.....but sorry i wont say much more until 'mighty ccc' or 'oldman' at least give a reason to say!......sorry all but i want to know that my rumor has substance

ive heard exactly the same thing of 2 people this week so the rumour is doing the rounds.if it is true uve got to be pretty stiff not to get the gig again after lifting ccc from last to almost finals.

The VLine;331201 said:

Choo Choo

All i will say is that there could be major changes in the CCC lineup next year!
up to 5 or 6

Gladyboy;330212 said:

What do you mean "we"......arent you a twos player boy???:eek::p:D

aussiefan;331726 said:
ive heard exactly the same thing of 2 people this week so the rumour is doing the rounds.if it is true uve got to be pretty stiff not to get the gig again after lifting ccc from last to almost finals.

maybe they should have made finals?
had a fair list to pick from !

Gladyboy;331211 said:
Cmon Vline name names?

This year is still going who will win this week?

Who is the most important player for each club?

Where should G/F be played?

The VLine;331529 said:

The VLine;331201 said:

Choo Choo

All i will say is that there could be major changes in the CCC lineup next year!
up to 5 or 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back