North West Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North West Cricket Association

Gladyboy;336179 said:
Its in good nick patches of dirt but definitely one of the better grounds.

Massive news our first 11 is changed from last week whos in ?
whos out?
Not a hoax

Who cares ya gonna get flogged anyway.............."GO THE LAKERS".........:D

Looking forward to an Arctic blast tomorrow at Donnybrook. Have that hot-plate ready Neale. Hamburgers every hour on the hour for me thanks.

StraightBat;336224 said:
Stop taking crap Gladdyboy. Gladdy have had a settled side since X-mas. The only reason they would change it now is if someone got injured.

I dont talk crap....................................and if your barracking for the lakers it is you my fiend that is the tosser.

Go Parkers

Gday Gday Gday

I sure you have all missed me....donnybrook is a shocking venue, and will be/is really slow after the rain fell on overnight and during saturday. GP were struggling at Tea being 2 or 3 down for little runs, with J Markham not contributing a great deal to the total....

My tip = GP, i think they are too strong across the board with bat and ball!!

Choo Choo

hussler;336225 said:
Who cares ya gonna get flogged anyway.............."GO THE LAKERS".........:D

GO GLADDY!
I hope you smash taylors as they deserve it, the only reason the GF is there is bcos they have the power to chose what suits them thanks to ray marshall.

If TL were not in the GF i bet the GF wouldnt have been at donnybrook!

Man for man i believe gladdy are a better side now. pitts , pitts and fitz have been great pick ups!

TL now rely on too few. Markham, thomas the _____ and..... S .Lee?
Thomas will bowl 40 overs, just will bowl plenty of his darts! Predictable but its worked for them!

Good luck gladdy!

The VLine;336966 said:
Gday Gday Gday

I sure you have all missed me....donnybrook is a shocking venue, and will be/is really slow after the rain fell on overnight and during saturday. GP were struggling at Tea being 2 or 3 down for little runs, with J Markham not contributing a great deal to the total....

Choo Choo

What is it with Gladstone Park, how can a side bat out 80 overs and end up 6/132 off 80 overs at 1.65 runs per over
One of the most boring days of cricket i have ever watched and this is a side that has smashed sides all year.

Can someone please answer these questions
Why do sides change their game for a granny?
what is the big deal about trying to bat 120 overs when no one does it all year?
How can a spinner have figures of 1/9 off ten?(not even Warney woud expect those figures)

NWCA VET;336348 said:
GO GLADDY!
I hope you smash taylors as they deserve it, the only reason the GF is there is bcos they have the power to chose what suits them thanks to ray marshall.

If TL were not in the GF i bet the GF wouldnt have been at donnybrook!

Man for man i believe gladdy are a better side now. pitts , pitts and fitz have been great pick ups!

TL now rely on too few. Markham, thomas the _____ and..... S .Lee?
Thomas will bowl 40 overs, just will bowl plenty of his darts! Predictable but its worked for them!

Good luck gladdy!

I agree with you on the pitts' and fitz being good pick up's. Time will tell as to whether they are the difference from the last 2 seasons where gladdy have just missed the mark.

In regards to the location of the ground, did TL even want the game there? You're going on about Ray Marshall deciding the ground; the fact is it benefits neither side as they havent played on it all year.

And finally, in regards to Just bowling darts; you mustn't have seen him bowl all year, ask any Luscombe player on here and i am sure that they will say he doesn't bowl darts. Far from it.

Good luck to all sides in all grades playing this week and well done on getting there.

oldman65;337109 said:
What is it with Gladstone Park, how can a side bat out 80 overs and end up 6/132 off 80 overs at 1.65 runs per over
One of the most boring days of cricket i have ever watched and this is a side that has smashed sides all year.

what is the big deal about trying to bat 120 overs when no one does it all year?
How can a spinner have figures of 1/9 off ten?(not even Warney woud expect those figures)

i agree with what your saying, but 'stormer' said that last week he played on the ground, and on the first day of his match, there was only bout 160 runs scored.
Take into consideration a few variables......donnybrook = lush ground, meaning slow outfield. rain effected = even slower ground condidtions, meaning a wet ball and likely makes it harder to score. also its a GF and teams look to bat the overs (120) to hopefully build a solid base to bowl a team out......

Got a feeling TL will get the better of the conditions for this game, and it could decide the outcome of the match.....

PS: i kno i tip GP, cause on paper i believe they look stronger!!!

Choo Choo

Looking forward to an Arctic blast tomorrow at Donnybrook. Have that hot-plate ready Neale. Hamburgers every hour on the hour for me thanks.

The VLine;337118 said:
i agree with what your saying, but 'stormer' said that last week he played on the ground, and on the first day of his match, there was only bout 160 runs scored.
Take into consideration a few variables......donnybrook = lush ground, meaning slow outfield. rain effected = even slower ground condidtions, meaning a wet ball and likely makes it harder to score. also its a GF and teams look to bat the overs (120) to hopefully build a solid base to bowl a team out......

Got a feeling TL will get the better of the conditions for this game, and it could decide the outcome of the match.....

Choo Choo

So what you are saying is gladdy should have bowled and got the better conditions?
you would have thought that with a wet ball the batsmen would dominate also!

Gday Gday Gday

Choo Choo

I suppose the real question is:

Why is the GF 120 overs/side when during the season, we play 80 overs/side? I don't get it.

It'd be like the AFL making the GF 6 quarters.

The VLine;336966 said:
Gday Gday Gday

Choo Choo

The Prophet;337313 said:

Why is the GF 120 overs/side when during the season, we play 80 overs/side? I don't get it.

Good idea mate,but I dont know how Shannon Watt would run out the game.......:eek::eek::eek:

Hey Gladyboy lucky Im a tipster and not a gambler hey???

oldman65;337109 said:

Choo Choo

hussler;337387 said:
Good idea mate,but I dont know how Shannon Watt would run out the game.......:eek::eek::eek:

if u think the games over u got another thing coming...

dont ride us off thats for sure :)

The VLine;337118 said:

Choo Choo

So what you are saying is gladdy should have bowled and got the better conditions?
you would have thought that with a wet ball the batsmen would dominate also!

The Prophet;337313 said:

um no it woodnt, it wood b like making the pura cup final 5 days wen they play 4 all season :p

Budda;337763 said:
um no it woodnt, it wood b like making the pura cup final 5 days wen they play 4 all season :p

You make a good point.....i would rather see a 2 innings match....or elecated 3 days to get a result with unlimited overs and restrictions. if the match is no result.....team who finished ontop are premiers. just a thought!

'oldman' to answer your last comment, i believe its harder to score with a wet ball on a wet surface with a wet outfield.....i have a feeling that TL will get the better of the conditions for this game, and that might very well establish the outcome of the match. But.....if GP have some character then i give them a chance to take the flag!!!!!

Choo Choo

The Prophet;337313 said:

hussler;337387 said:

if u think the games over u got another thing coming...

dont ride us off thats for sure :)

The Prophet;337313 said:

Budda;337763 said:

You make a good point.....i would rather see a 2 innings match....or elecated 3 days to get a result with unlimited overs and restrictions. if the match is no result.....team who finished ontop are premiers. just a thought!

'oldman' to answer your last comment, i believe its harder to score with a wet ball on a wet surface with a wet outfield.....i have a feeling that TL will get the better of the conditions for this game, and that might very well establish the outcome of the match. But.....if GP have some character then i give them a chance to take the flag!!!!!

Choo Choo

Stormer68;338375 said:
just take another dig at us like u normally do...and i mite bite back!

C'mon mate, all in fun. One question though - Do you think it was appropriate that your Club Captain played in Stringer in the last game of they year? Hackers is in the top 4-5 bats in Luscombe so the only reason could've been to stack the 2nds so you would make the finals, wouldn't have thought that is in the Spirit of the game????????

cutoverslips46;338387 said:
C'mon mate, all in fun. One question though - Do you think it was appropriate that your Club Captain played in Stringer in the last game of they year? Hackers is in the top 4-5 bats in Luscombe so the only reason could've been to stack the 2nds so you would make the finals, wouldn't have thought that is in the Spirit of the game????????

mate,hackney with 300 runs for the season at an average of 30.6 is nowhere near the top 4 or 5 bats in Luscombe.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if i had a dollar for each time ive answered this question, i mite rip up our deck and replace it!! haha

Wazza had a wedding on the first saturday of the last round that he was compelled to attend.

If it was a crunch game for the 1s he would have missed that too!!

So yes it was in the spirit of the game, and he did what was expected of him and helping us get to where we are at the moment!!

oldman65;338438 said:
mate,hackney with 300 runs for the season at an average of 30.6 is nowhere near the top 4 or 5 bats in Luscombe.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, maybe not this year but he is clearly SHCC best cricketer and their 1's Captain. I'm saying it's not right they clearly stacked their team in the last round and for the 1's Captain to be available and play in the 2's is a disgrace and a blight on the Club.

Stormer68;338375 said:
just take another dig at us like u normally do...and i mite bite back!

Stormer68;338441 said:
if i had a dollar for each time ive answered this question, i mite rip up our deck and replace it!! haha

Wazza had a wedding on the first saturday of the last round that he was compelled to attend.

So yes it was in the spirit of the game, and he did what was expected of him and helping us get to where we are at the moment!!

mmmmm....... Hackney available for 1 week is still worth more than most of the blokes in the 1's playing both weeks. Let's move on, SHCC have no respect on the field and will continue to struggle in that department while they pull these stunts and until they start to Earn it.
Off the field couldn't meet a nicer bunch of blokes

cutoverslips46;338387 said:

maybe SHCC should start fighting over sausage rolls at the lunch break of their stringer final...
would that make them a feared opponent??

how come nobody has spoke of this incident, so far this week?

quite hilarious i think!!

Budda;337763 said:

dont u mean it would be like playing a 6 day GF ie. a 50% increese in game time for the grand final compared to the home & away season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back