Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Mmmmm.
Not sure where my post from last week disappeared to with my selections for the current round, but here they are again, taken off the Northern Sports Report and with some updated comments.

North Metro. Jika Shield. Round 12. Sat 22 Jan & Sat 29 Jan. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Holy Trinity (2-3-6) vs. Preston Druids (2-2-7) Looking good here
Lalor Warriors (4-2-5) vs. Rivergum (7-2-2) My fav team in the box seat
Northern Socials (6-2-3) vs. Northcote United (5-2-4) Runs on the board, but
Keon Park (8-2-1) vs. Cobras (1-3-7) Still fancy the chasers

North Metro. Quick Shield. Round 12. Sat 22 Jan & Sat 29 Jan. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Cameron (3-2-6) vs. Preston Baseballers (5-1-5) Should be able to get the money here
Bundoora Park (4-1-6) vs. Preston YCW Districts (8-1-2) Will need some good partnerships
Fairfield (2-1-8) vs. Olympic Colts (5-2-4) Already got 1st inns points
Donath (4-1-6) vs. Darebin Chargers (8-1-2) Huge score sets up outright

North Metro. Kelly Shield. Round 12. Sat 22 Jan & Sat 29 Jan. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Dennis (4-1-6) vs. Keon Park Green (4-1-6) Could be in trouble in this one
Reservoir Mayston (4-1-6) vs. Kingsbury (7-1-3) Huge score should ensure victory
Fiji Victorians (6-1-4) vs. Strathewen (7-1-3) Still think the country boys can get up
West Preston (1-1-10) vs. Preston Footballers (8-1-3) Another 1st inns win and outright looming

Unless some upsets, all the favourites should get up and with that the door to the top four will be closed with a couple of rounds to go.

Two rounds to go and there is still plenty of interest in all three grades, although the spots for the finals are all but tied up in each of these grades. In the Jika Shield it is about who will finish last while in the Quick Shield it is Bundoora Park can displace Preston Baseballers and in the Kelly Shield the final finishing order is still to be decided.

NMCA Jika Shield Round 13. Sat5th Feb & Sat 12th Feb. 2-Day. Selections Bolded.
Cobras (1-3-8) vs. Rivergum (8-2-2)
Lalor Warriors (4-2-6) vs. Keon Park (9-2-1)
Northern Socials (6-2-4) vs. Holy Trinity (3-3-6)
Preston Druids (2-2-8) vs. Northcote United (6-2-4)

NMCA Quick Shield Round 13. Sat5th Feb & Sat 12th Feb. 2-Day. Selections Bolded.
Darebin Chargers (9-1-2) vs. Preston YCW Districts (8-1-3)
Bundooa Park (5-1-5) vs. Donath (4-1-7)
Faifield (2-1-9) vs. Cameron (3-2-7)
Preston Baseballers (6-1-5) vs. Olympic Colts (6-2-4)

NMCA Kelly Shield Round 13. Sat5th Feb & Sat 12th Feb. 2-Day. Selections Bolded.
Preston Footballers (8-1-3) vs. Kingsbury (8-1-3)
Reservoir Mayston (4-1-7) vs. West Preston (1-1-10)
Fiji Victorians (6-1-5) vs. Dennis (4-1-7)
Keon Park Green (5-1-6) vs. Strathewen (8-1-3)

NMCA, HDCA & DVCA to merge!

Press release just sent out to clubs after a meeting between the 3 associations and Cricket Victoria regarding cricket in the North region...

Alot to be decided on how this will happen and be structured...

Pitty we may not get another chance to beat the DVCA in the rep game!!! haha

congrats to all players who one the last NMCA DVCA Game LOL I think its halarious !
Well Done Matty ...
We were Tanking the other years !
'

NMCA, HDCA & DVCA to merge!

Press release just sent out to clubs after a meeting between the 3 associations and Cricket Victoria regarding cricket in the North region...

Alot to be decided on how this will happen and be structured...

Pitty we may not get another chance to beat the DVCA in the rep game!!! haha

Matto.
I started a separate thread, "North Metro, North Metro, Damond Valley and Heidelberg District to Merge" yesterday to allow everyone to have their say on this decision that really was a 'take-it or leave-it' push from Cricket Victoria.

Would just like to thank everyone that supported Rivergum's $1000 draw saturday night. Was a huge success and plenty of people in attendance. Thanks to the following clubs for buying tickets and having people there. Lalor, Keon Park, Cobras, West Preston, Northcote United, Donath, Preston Baseballers, Preston Footballers, Olympic Colts, Rosanna, Greensborough, Yarrambat, Camrea. It was a massive night and there were some people in fine form providing plenty of entertainment!!!! Go the kooks!

The final round with massive interest still alive in the Quick Shield, while most matches in the other two grades will be for pride. And again this round, the weather looks like it might have a small hand in deciding the outcomes of the matches. All interest this round will focus on the Quick Shield where Preston Baseballers are holding strong from a Bundoora Park challenge for the last finals spot.

North Metro CA. Jika Shield. Round 14. Sat Feb 19th & Sat Feb 26th. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Holy Trinity (3-3-7) vs. Lalor Warriors (4-2-7)
Northcote United (7-2-4) vs. Cobras (1-3-9)
Rivergum (9-2-2) vs. Preston Druids (2-2-9)
Keon Park (10-2-1) vs. Northern Socials (7-2-4)

North Metro CA. Quick Shield. Round 14. Sat Feb 19th & Sat Feb 26th. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Cameron (3-3-7) vs. Bundoora Park (6-1-6)
Olympic Colts (7-2-4) vs. Darebin Chargers (10-1-2)
Preston YCW Districts (8-1-4) vs. Preston Baseballers (6-1-6)
Donath (4-1-8) vs. Fairfield (2-2-9)

North Metro CA. Kelly Shield. Round 14. Sat Feb 19th & Sat Feb 26th. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Dennis (4-1-8) vs. Reservoir Mayston (5-1-7)
Starthewen (9-1-3) vs. Preston Footballers (8-1-4)
Kingsbury (9-1-3) vs. Keon Park Green (5-1-7)
West Preston (1-1-11) vs. Fiji Victorians (7-1-5)

Quick congrats the Rivergum boys who took out the Regional T20 final yesterday! Good to see our comp show the DVCA boys up again :)

On a side note hasn't the relegation scenario in JIKA Shield heated up!!! Big bustling Barry with a tonne to save the Cobras?????

On a side note hasn't the relegation scenario in JIKA Shield heated up!!! Big bustling Barry with a tonne to save the Cobras?????

i heard rivergum declared overnight,
i think they have a semi final defeat a couple yrs back fresh in the mind.
i could see why they would wanna lose but on the other hand Druids Suck

i heard rivergum declared overnight,
i think they have a semi final defeat a couple yrs back fresh in the mind.
i could see why they would wanna lose but on the other hand Druids Suck

Bye Bye Cobras enjoy Jack Quick next year not good enough big Bazza

well done wizard very good constructive comment ya tool
and even better like no one knows ya name cause ur too gutless to reveal it .....
we know we got relegated we take it on the chin but dont need people like urself coming on here giving crap comments when u wont even reveal what club ya from
weak effort

good luck to all clubs in finals hope its a great finals series

Finals time and the match-ups looks reasonably even across all three grades. Congratulations to Rivergum who have made the top grade finals in their first season in elite company. In all but one of the match-ups the results been split, save for the fact that a couple of games were declared as draws due to the interference of the weather.

North Metro. Jika Shield. Semi Finals. Sat 5th & Sun 6th Mar. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Keon Park vs. Rivergum
Rd.03 Keon Park drew with Rivergum
Rd.11 Rivergum 126 lost to Keon Park 7/127

Northcote United vs. Northern Socials
Rd.04 Northcote United 3/62 drew with Northern Socials
Rd.12 Northern Socials 162 lost to Northcote United 8/183

North Metro. Quick Shield. Semi Finals. Sat 5th & Sun 6th Mar. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Darebin Chargers vs. Olympic Colts
Rd.06 Darebin Chargers 8/252 cc def Olympic Colts 9/155
Rd.14 Olympic Colts 9/190 cc def Darebin Chargers 53

Preston YCW Districts vs. Preston Baseballers
Rd.06 Preston Baseballers 6/102 def Preston YCW Districts 98
Rd.14 Preston YCW Districts 135 lost to Preston Baseballers 5/140

North Metro. Jika Shield. Semi Finals. Sat 5th & Sun 6th Mar. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Kingsbury vs. Preston Footballers
Rd.05 Kingsbury 93 lost to Preston Footballers 9/161 cc
Rd.13 Preston Footballers103 lost to Kingsbury 2/105

Strathewen vs. Fiji Victorians
Rd.04 Strathewen 4/105 drew with Fiji Victorians
Rd.12 Fiji Victorians164 lost to Strathewen 215

God luck to all teams and players.

Last chance weekend for the six teams that are still in the hunt for a grand final berth. All the first semi final winners look strong while the second semi final losers will be looking to bounce back. A second weekend of cricket may test the stamina of some players after the interrupted season that has just unfolded.
NMCA. Jika Shield. Preliminary Final. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Rivergum vs. Northcote United
Rd.02 Rivergum 152 lost to Northcote United 7/177 cc
Rd.08 Rivergum 7/179 def Northcote United 177

NMCA. Quick Shield. Preliminary Final. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Darebin Chargers vs. Preston Baseballers
Rd.02 Preston Baseballers 153 lost to Darebin Chargers 1/18 def
Rd.08 Darebin Chargers 9/267 def Preston Baseballers 192

NMCA. Kelly Shield. Preliminary Final. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Preston Footballers vs. Strathewen
Rd. 06 Preston Footballers 5/157 def Strathewen 8/145 cc
Rd.14 Strathewen 103 lost to Preston Footballers 4/221

Rumuor has it an appeal has been lodged by Baseballers as Darebin Chargers played an unregistered player in the PF win...he also played vs Olympic Colts in SF

The NMCA Exec needs to show some nuts here....i've never heard of a permit for a final.

Is qualification 4 or 5 games???? either way It should be simple...you qualify or you dont so byebye Chargers.

Player is Rupinder Singh

Rumuor has it an appeal has been lodged by Baseballers as Darebin Chargers played an unregistered player in the PF win...he also played vs Olympic Colts in SF

The NMCA Exec needs to show some nuts here....i've never heard of a permit for a final.

Is qualification 4 or 5 games???? either way It should be simple...you qualify or you dont so byebye Chargers.

Player is Rupinder Singh

competiton is weak as piss by not taking action on charger. rules are rules they are set for a reason. all they have done now is opened up a way for other clubs to get away with in the future.

competiton is weak as piss by not taking action on charger. rules are rules they are set for a reason. all they have done now is opened up a way for other clubs to get away with in the future.
I think you will find its a little more complicated than that !
A very unfortunate situation has occurred and feel sorry for all involved especially baseballers. we need people to run the competition otherwise thats it !

Back