Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

i dont think there is anythign wrong with how they reacted to their very good win. everyone plays cricket to win wether your under13s or playing premier cricket. its not as if the players get to choose what grade they play and being in JQ every win is important at any stage of the season so they can get up to Jika. i dont think we should be judging teams on the way they react after wins like theirs, they are obviously passionate for their club and they were extremely happy.

good win by the trinners over Keon Park too while im at it!!

right or wrong....they have not won a game since

I'VE SEEN IT ALL NOW
UMPIRES GO OFF FOR LIGHT !
DREW STUMPS BEFORE 6.30 ....
THE LAST TEAM TO GO OFF FOR LIGHT WAS HOLY TRINTY I CANT EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME BEFORE THAT !
LOL
Sorry Matty !

you would think in this age of smart phones and wireless internet we could have the full scores or some scores on line sooner than they are at the moment as well as the Sunday paper

looks like the hdca/nmca merger is dead, even the hdca forum is gone for good!!

we are down to a handful who still wish to enter the NMCA, Rosebank, Heid West, North Heid, Viewbank, West Ivanhoe, Bellfield, any others?????????????

what are peoples opinions on where these clubs should be graded??

for what its worth, i see no reason why any of them should be in A grade at the expense of YC's.

Rosebank is the only decent team among them, but we most certainly should not be allowing them back into A grade, straight away....they are the ones who forfeited that right 3 seasons ago.

its time for this comp to stand up and show some balls!

I think the NMCA should do what is best for the NMCA.

I know how good Rosebank are, if they committ they should slot into A grade without question. I have not seen the standard of Heidelberg West, Viewbank, West Ivanhoe or Bellfield so it is tough to comment. Let's wait and see what is recommended to the clubs from our board before we pass judgement.

I think the NMCA should do what is best for the NMCA.

I know how good Rosebank are, if they committ they should slot into A grade without question. I have not seen the standard of Heidelberg West, Viewbank, West Ivanhoe or Bellfield so it is tough to comment. Let's wait and see what is recommended to the clubs from our board before we pass judgement.

its just an opinion, Matt O'Brien, Holy Trinity Cricket Club.

why should they slot in without question?? in a nutshell, they left because they didnt like the comp.
now they have nowhere to go, your saying they get slotted in ahead of clubs loyal to the association??
Would your opinion be the same if your club was not ranked so high? or would you be happy if they took your spot?

NM you are completely entitled to your opinion. As we all are...

For the record when the NCL was first proposed HTCC were not in the top 4 in JIKA Shield and it was likely that we would have been in the second division if that went ahead. We in fact did tell the NMCA that we would be ok starting in the second division if it meant the best thing for the comp and cricket in the area.

The NCL fell over because people put there own interest ahead of the group as a whole. The NECA (merger between HDCA & NMCA) fell over because people put themselves ahead of the group as a whole. The question is will we be silly enough to make the same mistake...

Are we absolutely certain these clubs dont have a choice? Are there no other comps that would welcome them? The other clubs out Ivanhoe way could certainly apply to the ECA like the others did... Rosebank would win our Jack Quick shield by that far it isn't funny! We play A grade to play against the best in our area. Rosebank certainly fit that catagory.

I think Bill A noted that they would expand the A & B grades in the first season so that those who have won their way up would still be in...

Will certainly be interesting to see what comes out after tonights meeting...

The dvca NEVER allow clubs who are joining the DVCA to join Barclay Shield. You have to earn that right. NMCA should do the same.

The dvca NEVER allow clubs who are joining the DVCA to join Barclay Shield. You have to earn that right. NMCA should do the same.
couldnt agree more.

matto, i like some of what you are saying, however we all know they would win jack quick easily...but they should be made to do it. the comp needs resilience.
whats to say reservoir mayston dont win tatts and have ponting and mitchell johnson next year ;)

If they wanted to be A grade NMCA they should have stayed, no one held a gun to their head. they should be welcomed back no doubt, but also made to earn their stripes.

are you saying they go in A grade because xxx club is no good? or does not have the calibre of player?? fair kick up the A%$& for being loyal,

**even if the comp is expanded to include 10 teams, they still are jumping ahead of those clubs who stayed loyal to the association. any club at any time can switch or apply to play elsewhere, but not all clubs do that, those who stick fat deserve the credit

couldnt agree more.

matto, i like some of what you are saying, however we all know they would win jack quick easily...but they should be made to do it. the comp needs resilience.
whats to say reservoir mayston dont win tatts and have ponting and mitchell johnson next year ;)

If they wanted to be A grade NMCA they should have stayed, no one held a gun to their head. they should be welcomed back no doubt, but also made to earn their stripes.

are you saying they go in A grade because xxx club is no good? or does not have the calibre of player?? fair kick up the A%$& for being loyal,

**even if the comp is expanded to include 10 teams, they still are jumping ahead of those clubs who stayed loyal to the association. any club at any time can switch or apply to play elsewhere, but not all clubs do that, those who stick fat deserve the credit

I take your points on board as well. A lot of work still to be done to set this up correctly assuming they all apply to join... I know the DVCA applications close Monday. Wonder if we have a cut off date for applications as well?

Good start boys, we have a chance to restrength our comp and we are already taking shots at moneybank!
forget them and lets make an immpression on who is coming with them! What a chance to have a massive comp
again! Lets not stuff up the opp we have!

Good start boys, we have a chance to restrength our comp and we are already taking shots at moneybank!
forget them and lets make an immpression on who is coming with them! What a chance to have a massive comp
again! Lets not stuff up the opp we have!

Agreed!

My tip is that Olympic Colts might recruit well this off season as West heidelberg and North Heidelberg's future is still not 100% certain. Is there a chance a few will be brought across to that club seeming they are in the top Grade

The word around the local footy traps is that West are still going, but North are gone.
We will all find out soon enough as there is a meeting for the clubs tonight, I believe, about the joining of the comps.

Back